Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:58:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Sandy Evolution [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Sandy Evolution [FINISHED]  (Read 37490 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »

the download on this page does not scare avira but the torrent version does.

dunno why..:\
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 12:08:14 AM »

This is definitely very cool, I liked how the game forced you to constantly absorb enemies instead of finding one you like and using it forever. Re: attack power, I don't know if you even need to show it, I never looked at it personally.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »

Yeah, several files in the torrent are making Avira go "OMG IT'S A VIRUS KILLITKILLIT EEEEK".

I need a better anti-virus. Maybe it's time I shelled out some money to get Kaspersky.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »

That's not necessarily good news; but im glad its not just my game  Screamy

Maybe the games that aren't zipped, and are just stand alone exes, flag it? idn.

This is definitely very cool, I liked how the game forced you to constantly absorb enemies instead of finding one you like and using it forever. Re: attack power, I don't know if you even need to show it, I never looked at it personally.

Ah yes. I was trying to decide weather or not to include it ... but (for example) the character who shoots the "spiky sticks" (the one whose jaw drops up and down) has an attack that does 4X as much damage as the stock character, and I some how wanted to let people know....was it easy to infer that after killing things with it?

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »

Yeah, it was pretty easy to tell enemies went down quicker when you had an upgrade, Plus gamers probably already have it drilled into them from years of games that powerups are good Tongue

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »

The trailer you made was appealing, so I played the current build. There's some neat stuff going on here, I enjoyed it.

It's good to see the way you approached the visuals in your game. I'm currently making a top down shooter with abstract visuals, and I've been mulling over how to give it a decent amount of personality. Your game is a good influence- I like the way your visuals are fairly abstract, but they still have character. It's encouraging to see that.

Best wishes!
Pocketninja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

Thanks a lot sparky; ill make sure David gets the message. I'm very glad our game could serve as an influence -- returning the favor I guess because your games have been very influential to me as well. (Star Guard in particular)

Thanks!  Smiley

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 10:14:55 AM »

fine visuals and rewarding gameplay...really good stuff!
just finished the game and i liked it.
i'm definitely looking forward to the 10 level version.

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

I really enjoy the visuals in this game.  The gameplay however leaves something to be desired.  It remindes me a bit of tumiki fighter, but with less build-up, because it seems you can only take on one enemy shape at a time(?).  As I mentioned, I do really like the strong and attractive style.  Nice work.
Pocketninja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:34 AM »

Thanks a lot for posting feedback, its is much appreciated!

@Liquid Ash -- beside taking on multiple enemy shapes, what would you suggest to help strengthen the game play of the game? Any additional thoughts will help much!

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »

First let me repeat that I am impressed with your entry in this competition.  Aside from allowing the player to take on multiple shapes at once, I think it would be cool to integrate the visual style further into the gameplay.  In fact having more spuradic bullet patterns that change/evolve with each enemy power absorbed could be interesting.  On a seperate note, I didn't find the absorb butten very compelling.  I think the typical collide with dropped power-up mechanic would work better.  In fact, it took a few games of me looking back at the instructions to figure out how that worked: right arrow was an odd choice of control, it only works with some enemies, and only for a short time after they've been killed.  Best!
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »

A well-constructed shmup with attractive visuals and a Tumiki Fighters/Kirby-esque power-stealing mechanic? Can't go wrong with that! This was a fantastic game.

I also found the different powers to be unique and reasonably balanced, so there's no problems there.

If I had any criticism, it would be that the difficulty curve is a bit uneven. It takes a while to reach the first checkpoint, which makes the first part of the stage the hardest part of the game until the boss. But really, that's just a tiny criticism of an otherwise great game.

If you continue working on this project, I would eagerly anticipate the final release. Not that the current version is lacking.

Pocketninja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »

Now that the competition is over, I just want to say thanks! Thanks to all who helped me out, played my game, voted for me, etc! I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you did, please follow my development as I continue to polish Sandy Evolution and complete the project.  Gentleman

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

I'm really surprised this didn't do better, this is definitely one of the most polished entries!

hi
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »

Exactly; I just popped in to congratulate on finishing this great game. Although the art style isn't my thing, the fact that it was original and that it was backing up an enjoyably fresh game mechanic deserves props. The difficulty was right and the power-ups felt balanced too.

Pocketninja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 10:27:28 PM »

Hello...123 testing...Not sure if anyone still comes here...but would anyone be interested if I revived this game?

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »

Yes. Do it!

Yeah.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic