Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:21:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBIGJam 2010 — Ovah
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: BIGJam 2010 — Ovah  (Read 39199 times)
Corpus
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:53:19 AM »

Tickets are now available for this year's installment of the Berlin Indie Game Jam!

Set in St. Oberholz, a lovely café in the devastatingly indie Mitte district of Berlin, BIGJam offers programmers, designers, musicians and artists in general* the opportunity to get together in one place and collaborate on exciting and, hopefully, absurdly inventive projects. We'll have the rapid-fire 3-hour themed game jams (shorter, if people think they can handle it) which have become a standard at this type of event, along with any presentations you might be willing to put on to share your areas of expertise with one another—these were very popular last time, and covered a range of topics from Unity to Ableton Live. The jam is also a great chance to get feedback on whatever you're working on at the minute from other indies, all fleshy and in-person.

We'll be occupying the top floor of the café, giving us space for up to 30 laptop-toting jammers (and a bit more arm room than we had the first time around). Free WiFi will be available for all, and should be considerably faster than last year.

Those who come equipped with hulking desktop PCs and monitors will find themselves in a position of regrettable homelessness which, added to the back and thigh injuries likely incurred in the transportation of those items, will probably not result in the most enjoyable of weekends. Don't bring desktop PCs.

For those who aren't familiar with the arrangement we have with St. Oberholz, the situation is basically that they (very kindly) offer us the space and internet access for free on the understanding that attendees will be consuming food and drinks bought on the premises. This is what enables us to offer the tickets  for as little as €5. We're not asking for anything excessive; in Robert (Jstckr)'s words, "a coffee once in a while keeps everyone happy". The café is a brilliant environment—one of the most popular places in the area—and offers a range of good, home-made food in addition to most varieties of exotic tea you might desire. We're very lucky to be able to hold the event there, and it all worked very amicably and successfully last time.

Thanks to Robert's hard work and string-pulling, we can also announce that we'll be throwing a Sunday night end-of-jam party at Kaffee Burger. Kaffee Burger is located nearby St. Oberholz and, like that café, is among the area's popular venues. Robert's secured a great DJ duo, Bianca Kruk + DJ Tomma Hanksa, who'll be playing a selection of soul and funk along with an abundance of chiptuney dance music. (DJ Tomma Hanksa, AKA Bastian Hagedorn, also plays with Joe Howe in his band Ben Butler & Mousepad [

] and previously made hardcore chiptunes under the moniker of GTUK [

]). The party will be open to the public, but entry will be free for jammers. So, if you want to come along, make sure you're not leaving early (i.e. before Monday). Oh, but you'll need to be 18+ to get in.

Accommodation-wise, there are a number of hostels in the area. We have two reasonably comfortable rooms reserved for those who would like places in them: one at the Circus hostel (19€/night, two 8-bed rooms — 10 beds taken already, so 6 remaining in one room) and one at the Meininger (6-bed room, 15€ first night, 18€ the following two).  On the off chance that anybody wants something fancier, there's also a 4-person apartment available for 200€ a night directly above St. Oberholz (link).

Registration is open to everyone above the age of 16 (blame Germany's youth protection laws). Tickets cost 5€, and in number they are 30. We look forward to seeing you there!

For your ease, here're the facts in summation. For everyone's ease, the summary's more or less identical to last year's.
  • In a cool café with nice food and drinks
  • Hostel and bars right outside
  • Bring a laptop
  • Meet awesome people
  • Make beautiful things with said people
  • Participate in 3-hour game competitions, give and
    listen to presentations, whatnot
  • Sunday-night soulfunkchipdance gitdown at Kaffee
    Burger (free entry to jammers; 18+)
  • 5€
  • 16+

*"Artists in general" here meaning people with skills, not just people with ideas.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:05:42 AM by Corpus » Logged
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:12:45 AM »

I got my ticket in my pocket  SMB Mario

not really but I'll be there!

jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:35:36 AM »

Here's my cell phone number, by the way. I suggest you add me as a contact in case anything goes wrong (example: arrive at main station, have no clue what to do), you're lost, need backup for a fight, a wingman for a girl/boy target or are shitfaced at night and feel like drunk-calling. It's the same number as last year, veterans don't need to continue reading:

0049 177 677264six (Can you solve the riddle to prove you're human? There might be spam bots crawling for phone numbers.)

Hostel bed reservations:

2 of 16 beds (2 rooms à 8 beds) left at Circus (which is about 20 meters away from St Oberholz):
Tametick
Terry
dertom
jw
C418
Pietepiet
Bento_smile
increpare
esque
Xander
mirosabu
Don Andy
eugeneius
Me (jstckr)

6 of 6 beds at Meininger (it's a bit further away but as excellent as Circus, I was assured):

If you want a bed at any of the hostels, let me know (via PM or Twitter or Mail or - very much preferred - in this thread). Unless you specify otherwise, I'll mark you down for a bed at Circus until that's full, then it's Meininger time.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:58:25 PM by jstckr » Logged

tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »

Done.

esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »

Well, hello there! Hand Money Left Hand Any Key Hand Joystick  Wizard
(got myself a ticket)

Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »

Ticket get!
Kekskiller
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »

Ticket archievement unlocked!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »

Yey!

increpare
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

Excellllent
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »

I am ticketed up. Wooooo. Will probably grab my own room in the nearby hotel.

increpare
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:27:26 PM »

I got me a ticket.
bento_smile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

If you want a bed at any of the hostels, let me know (via PM or Twitter or Mail or - very much preferred - in this thread). Unless you specify otherwise, I'll mark you down for a bed at Circus until that's full, then it's Meininger time.

Because he is rubbish and not posting, making me post for him... can Miroslav (mirosurabu) have one of the places?  Cheesy
bento_smile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 12:55:33 PM »

Uhm, can I be cheeky and ask to reserve a couple of tickets?  Shocked I just realised that my paypal account is limited (will be fixed in a few days hopefully) but I definitely want to come to this for sure! Sorry to be a pain  Kiss ignore me if it's not possible/way way too cheeky.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:00:01 PM by bento_smile » Logged
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

can Miroslav (mirosurabu) have one of the places?

Sure!

About the ticket reservation - I don't know, corpus/Donald is manning the thing and knows of its finer mechanics. I'd guess not, though.

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »

ticket'd!
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 02:19:36 PM »

Got a ticket for me and my friend Herman. Let's rock!
increpare
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »

Got a ticket for me and my friend Herman. Let's rock!
Aha, herman is coming?  Haha neat. 
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »

I would love to come to this, but I have a wedding to attend that weekend. Maybe next year.

increpare
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »

I would love to come to this, but I have a wedding to attend that weekend. Maybe next year.
Nooo marry me, draknek - we can have a ceremony at bigjam.
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »

Just to be clear on this - if you asked me to reserve a hostel bed BEFORE this thread was made, you still need to buy a ticket. (The bed is reserved nonetheless, unless you tell me to free it up)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic