Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:29:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsMini Jam for Ludum Dare 18 in Cambridge, August 21st-23th
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Mini Jam for Ludum Dare 18 in Cambridge, August 21st-23th  (Read 9977 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »

Another Ludum Dare approaches! Beer! Meeting up to work together for April's Ludum Dare was so much fun that I think we should do it again for the next one in August!

Here's Perrin's post on the Cambridge Friendship Club website:

With the Ludum Dare 48-hour game making challenge rolling around again (already!) we're gearing up for another weekend long jam at the Cambridge bistro.

What this means is that a whole bunch of who'll be doing Ludum Dare will be doing so together on Saturday and Sunday, upstairs, hidden away at the back, in Cambridge's CB2 bistro.

Obviously as the rules of the contest dictate we will each have to work on our own project but last time the supportive atmosphere worked really well. So come along and make something cool.

With all the recent Cambridge meetups I think we can expect more people to come along for this one, so if you're interested in coming along, just leave a post in this thread! (We haven't had problems just showing up in CB2 before but if there are gonna be more than, say, 10, we should probably mention it to them just in case.)

Probably taking part:
Code:
Terry
PerrinAshcroft
roBurky
Hayden Scott-Baron
Draknek
bento_smile
alistairaitcheson
levelbylevel

Possibly taking part:
Code:
Jonathan Whiting
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:44:58 AM by Terry » Logged

roBurky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

I hadn't realised this Ludum Dare thingy was so frequent.

I shall be there!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »

Every four months Smiley

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »

Sounds great.  Can't promise I'll turn up yet, but I'll plan to Smiley

levelbylevel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »

I'm interested in coming to this, though I live in Manchester so it'll be dependent on if I'm able to get down there for the weekend.

bento_smile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »

Oh this is sooo close to a deadline at work. We shall see. Maybe! At least, I could KOTM it and do a one day thing perhaps...  Smiley
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »

Sure, why not? Smiley See you there!

twitter: @docky
bento_smile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 04:23:04 AM »

I can go to this Smiley I guess...
levelbylevel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 05:35:37 AM »

Spoke to a friend of mine and we definitely want to come to this, I've booked a camp site for the night Smiley

Is there anywhere we have to book/register? or do we just turn up? Smiley

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »

No just show up it'll all be fairly informal. If it goes the same as last time we'll bunch together some of the tables upstairs right at the back and just take over that corner of the bistro for the weekend.

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 05:53:02 AM »

I'm interested in coming, but I don't know where to stay during the night. Does anyone know anywhere good to stay at in Cambridge?

bento_smile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »

Depends on your budget. This is the hostel lots of people stayed at for the last couple of TIGJams: http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/east-of-england/hostels/cambridge/index.aspx

There are loads of hotels if you want something more private though XD
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

Thanks very much Smiley At the moment I might be meeting with some friends in Bristol, or I'll be coming to Cambridge, so I'll let you know when I've decided.

Also, I'm thinking to catch the train up for the Cambridge Friendship Club this Tuesday. Do you know if there'll be anyone there, or when they tend to arrive? (not sure where else to ask ^^; )

bento_smile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »

There should be people there (although probably no Terry). :3 Usually people head to CB2 around lunchtime-ish, and set up camp upstairs.

/hijacks thread while Terry is away XD
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 12:13:17 PM »

Sounds good Smiley I look forward to it!

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »

I only wish there was something like this in Minnesota  Sad

Make sure to look at the rules for the new Ludum Dare Jam; seeing as they allows teams I bet it might be of interest for people meeting up in person.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »

I am almost definitely coming up for this, will be good to see you all.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 05:46:05 AM »

Great!

Sorry I hadn't updated the thread until now. Looks like we'll have at least 10 people there just from TIGSource! Coffee There are a few local Cambridge developers that might come too, and I've just posted about this to the Ludum Dare blog, so we might have a few more coming from that too.

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:50 AM »

I'll be coming too. Don't think I can afford to stay in the hostel though, so I'll probably just come up for the Saturday. Looking forward to it!  Beer!

Dan C
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 06:41:36 AM »

I’m new here, but I’ll also be attending. I’ll endeavour to drag along one or two friends too.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic