Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:19:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRaleigh-Durham indie meetup
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Raleigh-Durham indie meetup  (Read 3773 times)
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »

I'm thinking of starting one and I'm trying to gauge interest. Is there anybody in the Triangle area in North Carolina out there? My idea is that we would meet up once every month or two at some coffee shop in a centralish location (northern Cary or Morrisville), bring our laptops, show each other our games, and talk about game development stuff, very informal. If that's the kind of thing you'd like to see happen please give me a shout so I can see whether or not this is worth putting together. Hit up my profile for my email address, or send me a PM or something.

PS: Nice forums you have here, I think I might hang around a bit more often.
raleigh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »

I bet there's interest. At least the Triangle IGDA is pretty big. I don't know how active they are now but I went to a few meetings about 2 or 3 years ago and there were lots of people (hundreds maybe?) there.

I'm in Asheville by the way.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »

I live about 3 hours from Raleigh, if it was a day I could plan for in advance I would make the trip. I'm pretty sure there's a few people from IRC that's in or around North Carolina-I'll have to ask.

oh yeah, should introduce yourself and all that...
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »

Done.

Great to hear, I'll make sure to post here if one gets planned.

There's a lot of game companies here in the Raleigh area, but IGDA caters more towards the AAA professional studios and less towards indies. Next IGDA meeting I go to (if they ever decide to have one again, there hasn't been one in a while) I'll probably announce the meetup.
M
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »

I'd like to go to this , though I don't know if I could make it. I would definitely go if there was a meeting in Charlotte.
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »

Okay I've had a good bit of interest in this so I've planned a meetup. You can find it here:

http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Indie-Game-Developers/

It'll be the evening of July 29 at a coffee shop in Briar Creek.

If you want to come, join up and please RSVP so I can tell how many people are coming.
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »

Since this one was such a success last time, we're doing it again on Thursday evening. If you live in the Triangle head on out. This time though it's at RallyPoint sports bar on north Harrison in Cary. Check out the previously linked meetup group for more details.
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »

This month's meetup is at RallyPoint again.

http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Indie-Game-Developers/calendar/14734474/

adamprack
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »

Ah, it would be fun, but the 4 hour drive from Columbia is a bit too far.  Great idea, though!

<--Check out my demo reel!

@Adam_Creations
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »

That's too bad. But if you're ever in Raleigh give us a ring. The last two meetups have had a good number of people.
rv_el
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

I bet there's interest. At least the Triangle IGDA is pretty big. I don't know how active they are now but I went to a few meetings about 2 or 3 years ago and there were lots of people (hundreds maybe?) there.

I'm in Asheville by the way.

Dead as a door nail that I can tell.  I keep looking and theres nothing.

This is why we can't have nice things...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic