Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:48:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Love Love Favorithold 48 ("nsfw") [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Love Love Favorithold 48 ("nsfw") [FINISHED]  (Read 13239 times)
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »

(taken from here)

Mockup:

Idea:
You need to talk. You don't know what's happening to you.
Fuck everybody until you realise, after 48 hs (or <yet to define> real minutes).

You can gain interest from people to get stuff to help you move faster around the map.
If you use people too much you'll make them angry and never get gifts from them again.

(A GTA1/Paperboy kind of gameplay)

I probably won't make it to the deadline Beer!

Disclaimer: Please do not play the game if you feel offended by sex or reality.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:42:38 PM by nitram_cero (2bam) » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:01:58 PM »

Oooh, a game about love.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »

Oooh, a game about love.

So that's what that fourth gift is!
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:16:03 PM »

Ok, got a first-tier lame map generator sort of working and the minimap. Hurray  Cool
The game will feature the worst vehicle mechanics ever.
Also recording a timelapse.

Working on HeliBrawl
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

Mehta 0.01

http://www.2bam.com/proto/LoveLove.html

(Oh, you might start stuck in a house or something... press SPACE to regenerate map)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:17:37 AM by nitram_cero (2bam) » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »

Haha, that looks interesting. The car is on fucking ice, but maybe the awful controls will add to the charm. Tongue

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:38:54 PM »

I thought that too... but being the character a lady everybody will think I'm trying to make a point  Cheesy
Not the case thou, it's just that I'm lazy to do it right... partially, at the very least hehe

Working on HeliBrawl
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »

Update
There are some pedestrians going around. Have to think a good way to make the cars work.
Sex simulator is almost finished (for the first guy for now)

Working on HeliBrawl
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:25 AM »

"Hm, this looks fun.  Space to interact, eh?  Might as well hit i-oh God this is not what I was expecting.  No this is very different.  Ah jeez."

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »

Cheesy

I gotta get home and play this.

Poopy McPants
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »

Ok, got a first-tier lame map generator sort of working and the minimap. Hurray  Cool
The game will feature the worst vehicle mechanics ever.
Also recording a timelapse.

I played the demo, it does have the worst vehicle mechanics ever, congrats! car handles more like a skateboard doing unintentional tricks!
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »

Heheheh, it's in the previous prototype... The el Car-o will return in the next version probably.

I'm really busy with work, so I don't think I'll be able to code some more until the weekend.

Working on HeliBrawl
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:59 PM »

v0.03

More in shape.

Working on HeliBrawl
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »

http://www.2bam.com/proto/LoveLove.html?v=06 v0.6

More playable, scores, run over people, sexy timing, etc.

At this point I'd really appreciate some feedback (specially on gameplay)

Cheers Beer!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:21:26 PM by nitram_cero (2bam) » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 06:29:23 PM »

First of all: Pretty sweet, even if the... cumsplosion... when you finish with a guy is kind of gross.  I would love it if I could do more than fuck, though.  Definitely cool as is, just a little monotonous.  Jealousy should be a bit easier to raise (I did it with two guys probably twenty times and guy three wasn't even half-way jealous) and maybe a few canned lines for guys to say.  That last part might be a bit too much, but it would be awesome.  You could always outsource a writer, I guess.
This is where I subtly point to myself

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »

Well this is certainly something interesting. I agree, gameplay is a little repetitive right now, and did the cars get even harder to handle? Also, you should probably add a disclaimer in the game and in the first post of your thread warning people of the content, even if it's just a bunch of blocky pixelated little people.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 07:58:39 PM »

Done  Smiley

Thanks for the feedback guys, any more ideas on how to make it better?

About the one-liners, it's cool but I'm now focusing on balacing a bit more the mechanics (as the jealousy thing you pointed out, thanks Smiley )

Cars are the same but as they are so unintuitive they probably seem harder each time, sort of like a barbershop pole of awkwardness.

What I really want to do now is add some gifts (other than the keys) and constant points for people over 80% interest: you need to keep them interested so they give you points each N seconds.

And find some cool Bluegrass or Gipsy Swing "free" song to make it whole (I added some sounds and will finish that probably tomorrow)

Later!

Working on HeliBrawl
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »

That was... different.

Your ideas for new mechanics sound interesting... my sole addition would be to add some kind of score display somewhere during gameplay itself. The +10 and +20s are nice, but they just seem to kind of vanish into the mists at present.

Also, the 'light dots' on the minimap don't seem to consistently correspond with anything. (Do your 'contacts' occasionally leave...?)

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »

Hilarious concept. Using a guy just to take his car to someone else's house is appropriately disgusting. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

I expected the guys to get angry when I didn't return their cars, or hit their cars with another car. Cars in general are pretty awkward to drive. Might make an interesting mechanic, where more responsive cars require more sex to get the keys for.

It's hard to tell that you're affecting people when you haven't visited them recently, although that might be the point. Didn't see any form of negative consequences during my playthrough. I'd love to see the guys bar their doors, take away their keys, tell others not to trust you, fight other guys for your affection, etc.

I didn't realize at first that potential mates don't show up on the minimap, only ones you've already been with.

Part of me wants to see the guys have names to individualize them more, but another part of me thinks it's fine since the player character clearly doesn't think of them as individuals. It might be good narrative-wise to make the initial boyfriend more distinct somehow. I do like how he never seems to get jealous or angry, that his interest level never wanes, and that he seems to be the only screwable guy without a car in the town.

One time, a random pedestrian wandered into a house while I was having sex and got trapped there for the rest of the game. Cheesy

The goodbye animation of blowing kisses with a handkerchief is delightfully sissy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:25:56 PM by Noyb » Logged

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »

The goodbye animation of blowing kisses with a handkerchief is delightfully sissy.

I thought it was the guy smoking a cigarette?  Makes more sense in the context of the game.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic