Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:20:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Tales of Unspoken world. vers: 0.8.7 [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Tales of Unspoken world. vers: 0.8.7 [FINISHED]  (Read 56806 times)
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

When I try to run the most recent build I get the menu screen but after I choose any of the levels this is what I get:

The HUD is active and I can tell that I'm running and jumping by the sounds but the visuals freeze like this.

Are your videocard's driver updated? The game uses some post-processing on the image to get that blurred edges effect, I think that might be the problem. Also try bringing down the resolution and choose the "fastest" settings.

Thank you for trying the game anyways!

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

You really nailed the atmosphere on this game. The graphics and audio were both fantastic. The gameplay was extremely simple, but it wasn't bad either. I'm glad I got the Windows version, since after watching the Mac version, I can say it looks a lot better without hands.

It seemed like there was a bit of a delay before you jumped. It'd be nice if there were a few more frames where you could jump before you fell into a pit. Many times I jumped when I was sure I was on solid ground, only to find myself falling into the pit.

It'd also be nice if dying took you back to the menu instead of restarting the level. I couldn't find any way to leave the level other than restarting the game.

I wonder if anyone that played the mac version first would prefer the no hands version... Maybe it's just that seeing it "with hands" is a bit weird after you've tried the game w/o hands  Shocked

about the jump delay: did you notice that the runner looks down before jumping? We thought that the jump should be valid just as long as you could see ground when looking down, so that's why we went with the "delay". Anyways thanks for the feedback we'll check if we can make it more satisfying reducing the delay: we still want it to feel tight for those that want to get better scores (all the two of us:D)!

about leaving the level: we plan on having a quit to menu/quit game button for the next release. I personally don't like games that bring the player to the main menu after dying: they make me really angry in fact!  Screamy

Quote from:  Flimgoblin
Really like this one  hope I'm not doing a disservice by describing it as a 3D Canabalt... love the atmosphere.

We love Canabalt! It was of course inspirational for TOUW. Tachnabob described it as a 3d Canabal aswell here: http://technabob.com/blog/2010/08/07/tales-of-unspoken-world-3d-game/
 Kiss

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

Are your videocard's driver updated? The game uses some post-processing on the image to get that blurred edges effect, I think that might be the problem. Also try bringing down the resolution and choose the "fastest" settings.

Thanks for the suggestions.  In the end I still can't run it.

I think the lesson here is that my computer is sadly outdated and, at the very least, it's time for me to update my graphics card.  Until then, impressive visuals.  Keep creating.
falsion
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »

I really love the sense of speed you get from this game. Very few games do that for me (except for maybe F-Zero). Unfortunately, I suck at this game. I am able to make the first three jumps in the first world but after that I keep dying. But other than that, this is pretty cool.
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

Cool game, loved the atmosphere and feel of it.

I also liked how you included the feature "Press down to murder a chimpanzee"
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 01:50:46 AM »

I really love the sense of speed you get from this game. Very few games do that for me (except for maybe F-Zero). Unfortunately, I suck at this game. I am able to make the first three jumps in the first world but after that I keep dying. But other than that, this is pretty cool.

Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry you can't get further in the game: have you tried keeping the jump button pressed? if you jump a few meters before the edge and then keep pressed the spacebar you should get to the other side!

Quote from: falsion

I also liked how you included the feature "Press down to murder a chimpanzee"

Yeah that's our hidden feature :D It was hard to find the chimp for the voiceover though.

Joonas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »

10.000+  Well, hello there!
This game reminds me of SkyRoads..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:55:00 AM by Joonas » Logged
Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »

I noticed a suspiciously similar game to this in the IGF entries list.  Wink

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

I noticed a suspiciously similar game to this in the IGF entries list.  Wink

Yes! We are continuing development here on TIGsource: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=15348.15

The controls and general mechanics changed a lot, you can play the latest build here: www.santaragione.com/fotonica/

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »

10.000+  Well, hello there!
This game reminds me of SkyRoads..

Very cool  Cool

Try to reach 10.000 on our new build, FOTONICA. Link in post above!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic