Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:15:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioUltim8p00's amazing musical skills
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ultim8p00's amazing musical skills  (Read 3279 times)
ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »

Ok, so maybe I'm not THAT great at music, but these four songs are my first attempts at making songs with Modplug, and I think they are pretty damn good for a beginner. I'm trying to learn how to make my own music so that my next project will be completely independent.

These are the songs in the order that I made them:

Sleepy Wake

Forlorn

Cold Yellow

A Saturday Afternoon

"A Saturday Afternoon" is my favorite. It's just so chill and laid-back. I was also trying to break away from what I did with the first three songs, which is basically using a lot of choirs to make the song sound a little less empty. Instead, with "A Saturday Afternoon" I decided to actually try and fill the void with tunes.
Zaphos
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »

I really enjoyed "A Saturday Afternoon" -- Very chill Smiley  It starts a bit odd; I think the instrument that comes in at 36 seconds could come in sooner.  Also I'm not sure why the song trips over itself at around 1:53?  But aside from that, quite nice!
ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:14:21 PM »

I really enjoyed "A Saturday Afternoon" -- Very chill Smiley  It starts a bit odd; I think the instrument that comes in at 36 seconds could come in sooner.  Also I'm not sure why the song trips over itself at around 1:53?  But aside from that, quite nice!

No, I made the song do that. I know what you mean. It sounds kinda like tunes are everywhere and it's falling apart. That was on purpose.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic