Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:39:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGRocket-Powered Frisbee Punch-Out!!(DONE)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rocket-Powered Frisbee Punch-Out!!(DONE)  (Read 12835 times)
Tr00jg
« on: March 22, 2008, 04:17:51 AM »

So, I started yesterday and had to hack together "something".

Backstory for RPFPO:

>You and friend are playing with frisbees. Your friend thinks it is funny to add rockets. He throws and you get sent into space.

>It aint just ordinary space, but SMHUP space! You are sent into smhup territory.

Gameplay and stuffs:

-You are just helping two pilots in your average smhup kinda thing. So this will kinda be like those cactus shorts. I don't have time to make insane amounts of levels/enemies, but I'm rather going to do something unique (hopefully).

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:11:32 PM by Tr00jg » Logged
Tr00jg
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03:31 AM »

Well tickle my nipples with a feather, I am nowhere. I haven't had time yesterday to work at all and tomorrow I'm away the whole day, so I am polishing what I have together and posting it.
Tr00jg
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

So, I managed to hack together "something". That "something" is probably closer to a dog's drool after he has stared too long at a succulent piece of meat.

SO:

In Rocket-Powered Frisbee Punch-Out!! you are propelled into space by your friend's rocket frisbee. In space, you encounter a shmup going on. You decide to help by yelling random things. You save the day.

Gameplay:

Typical (extremely short) shmup type stuff. Its really easy.

(yes, he likes lamp)

2mb
http://www.shotbeakgames.za.net/RPFP.zip

Credits:
-All by me aka Simon de la Rouviere

Music is done by Simon and Niel de la Rouviere.

Dev Time:
5-6hours. >_<
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »

Strange and fun Idea! But too short Sad

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »

Since you're thrown in the center of the firefight, it wasn't clear at first which side was the enemy. At first I thought the idea was that the player was a neutral party intruding on a fight, helping both sides to wipe each other out in order to survive himself. Right now, it feels like the player is too overpowered compared to the friendly ships. There's no real incentive to keep them alive, and no real means of saving them apart from all-out-offense. It also wasn't clear that yelling only affected those you're physically touching at first, instead of some kind of area-of-effect debuff. Still, the game was fun, and I liked the music.

Btw, I had to use a conversion program to run the game, since GM6 games don't run on Vista.

Tr00jg
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 12:33:24 AM »

Since you're thrown in the center of the firefight, it wasn't clear at first which side was the enemy. At first I thought the idea was that the player was a neutral party intruding on a fight, helping both sides to wipe each other out in order to survive himself. Right now, it feels like the player is too overpowered compared to the friendly ships. There's no real incentive to keep them alive, and no real means of saving them apart from all-out-offense. It also wasn't clear that yelling only affected those you're physically touching at first, instead of some kind of area-of-effect debuff. Still, the game was fun, and I liked the music.

Btw, I had to use a conversion program to run the game, since GM6 games don't run on Vista.

Alas, I won't have time to patch it up (and make it better). And sorry about the GM6 thing. Forgot about that.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »

I'd have to say this is by far the bizarrest entry in the contest. You get hit by a rocket-powered frisbeetm and end up in a shoot 'em up. Crazy! It was way too easy though. Especially the boss. Good stuff.

Tr00jg
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »

I'd have to say this is by far the bizarrest entry in the contest. You get hit by a rocket-powered frisbeetm and end up in a shoot 'em up. Crazy! It was way too easy though. Especially the boss. Good stuff.

Haha, thanks. Smiley
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »

A very strange shmup indeed.  I felt like something was missing (specifically my ability to shoot), but considering the timeline I was very impressed!
Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic