Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:27:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFAMAZE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: FAMAZE  (Read 22506 times)
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »

The test build goes out in a few hours. I'm getting stage fright, early builds are never as good as I want them to be Embarrassed. Ah well, it is what it is, and honest feedback at this point will be very helpful in making the final game better!

this game looks like it was built for the iPhone O.O any chance of a port?
I'm not sure! In terms of level of complexity and play length it would be a good fit.
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »

Played thru the demo.
Very nice and very addictive!
At first I couldn't see well where are walls and where are passages.
There is no any reaction when you bump into the wall, so it looks like nothing is happening.
I even clicked the game to make sure that it has focus.
But a little bit of playing and it's fine.

I played the knight. Not sure that I completely understand how smite is charging.
Most of the time it's charging by killing monsters. But sometimes not...

When there is item next to monster (sleeping eye in my case), and smite is charged,
it is looks like it is impossible to pick item instead of smiting monster...

Will play other classes a lil later.

Great job!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 12:45:43 AM »

I sent an email to the address you provided.

But I have to say this, the game is really awesome. I played all 3 characters in one sitting. This game has the potential to be just as addictive as desktop dungeons. Really good stuff here. This is a great take on some of the mechanics you had for tiny crawl. Much funner and more interesting here of course.
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

Okay, the I've sent a link to everyone on the list. Thank you all very much for offering to help! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I'll elaborate a little on the three classes, because I didn't go into that in the message I sent out earlier. The items found throughout the dungeon are affected by the class we play as- the knight gets more potions, the thief gets more teleports, and the wizard gets extra fireballs. Now this is currently in flux, but in addition to the extra items, there are a few class abilities.

When playing as the thief, we can disarm any trap we have detected (via light) by standing next to it and pressing the space bar.

When playing as the knight, defeating foes charges up a lightning attack.

I played the knight. Not sure that I completely understand how smite is charging.
Most of the time it's charging by killing monsters. But sometimes not...
Thank you for the feedback! Those are some good points about walls. You're totally right, there should be some feedback to make it obvious when you're bumping into a wall, like a sound and some animation. By the way, the knight's lightning attack is currently set to max out after the sixth kill. As soon as you're flashing, you can use the attack (and waiting beyond this point can be good for timing reasons sometimes, but does not make the attack more powerful).

I sent an email to the address you provided.
Thanks Allen, I appreciate you helping out yet again! Rest assured that we will go over your feedback with a fine toothed comb, you've said some very helpful things in the past.
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 02:20:54 AM »

If you're still looking for testers I really want to help. The game looks awesome Tongue

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
MaloEspada
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 07:01:26 AM »

Some feedback here. This is kinda obvious but there should be some sfx for when you pick up items. Possibly some visual effect too.

No music? The game seems to run fine otherwise.

Initially I thought I would be playing the bottom screen, but maybe I was just being dumb haha.

I think there should be a "damage calculator" for when you meet a monster, like in Desktop Dungeons, so you know how much health you'll have left when you attack an enemy.

I don't really know what happened but I had a potion, and when I stole one I lost every item? Ugh.
Also, maybe add item descriptions? It could also ruin the fun; discovering what an item does is cool too.

Right now the game is very fun, though. And very addicting. Played with Knight, completed the first stage at level 2. Killed 5 of those... things. That look like onions.

I think the out-of-blue spikes in Sticky Swears are kinda unfair.
The warp orb has glitched text, in a way you can't read it exactly.

Finished the swears, 22 onions, level 3. Will post more feedback later.

EDIT: FFFFFFF, I missed the email part. I'll send next feedbacks over email!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:05:43 AM by rdein » Logged
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »

Some feedback here. This is kinda obvious but there should be some sfx for when you pick up items. Possibly some visual effect too.

No music? The game seems to run fine otherwise.

We are trying to find music we like so we have it turned off currently. (you can hit F2 for music)

I think there should be a "damage calculator" for when you meet a monster, like in Desktop Dungeons, so you know how much health you'll have left when you attack an enemy.

Both the player and the enemies have a # above their head, this represents how many HP they currently have remaining. You can use these numbers to quickly determine how much damage you will take to kill the monster. If you have a 4 and it has a 2, you will have 2 hp left. (barring missed attacks or criticals which can affect this.)

I don't really know what happened but I had a potion, and when I stole one I lost every item? Ugh.

You probably had a ghost behind you too!

Right now the game is very fun, though. And very addicting. Played with Knight, completed the first stage at level 2. Killed 5 of those... things. That look like onions.

The story will be clear in later versions, but we are saving the Rutabagas from the evil king. Rescuing them restores health. Using light on monsters turns them back into Rutabagas.
MaloEspada
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

Haha yeah I noticed light makes some monsters turn into these turnips. I'm in the.. Something Tower.
Leaving the window open because I don't know if this has a save option or not, haha.
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »

There's no save option yet, but we should add one. Thanks.
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 04:41:03 AM »

If your still looking for testers I'd love to help!
Scattle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »

It would be an honor to serve... and to test :D

ACTION-52-51114E85

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »

A question:
Did anyone find the secret area?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2010, 03:20:04 PM »

wutttt unless you mean the piece that has a moon on it instead of a key? i couldnt figure how to activate it.

played the game 4 times (two times with knight) and didn't see it. but to be honest I didn't know there was a secret area or I would have looked for it
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

Yes, there's one small secret level in the test build.

The goal for the full version is to make the game very clearly tell us that there are secrets, and to even have a few that are easy to gain access to. Then above that tier of easy access secrets, there will be a number of forks and optional areas shrouded in various levels of mystery. Everyone who plays the game will know to be on the lookout.

wutttt unless you mean the piece that has a moon on it instead of a key? i couldnt figure how to activate it.
The moon blocks are sort of a mini-secret- a piece of hidden information at any rate. Incidentally we're not quite sure how they'll work in the final game, we're still playing with them. Also your observation about not knowing that there was a secret area is totally valid. Rest assured that we will dangle lots of carrots in the final game.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 12:47:25 AM »

can  I  test  Beg

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »

I'd love to test this as well. Beg Hand Joystick

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 07:30:30 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, Xion.

TheDustin-
Sure, I'll send a link your way.
RichVreeland
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »

Looking for more testers? Me want to play! Also if you need some audio I can help with that  Gentleman
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »

It's alive! We've been slowly working on this on and off for a long time... It will be released within a few short weeks!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

YESSSSSS! I was so excited when I saw this pop in my new reply notifications.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic