Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:06:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] The Diary Mirror Life [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] The Diary Mirror Life [FINISHED]  (Read 5090 times)
Space_man
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »

The Diary Mirror Life

Description

You have always filled your diary with strange fantasy stories. Now you have somehow been transported to that world, which is  full of strange creatures (or at least as many as I manage to draw).  The Diary Mirror Life will be an RPG where you explore both the real world and the mirror world, fighting monsters and making important decisions.
             Inspired by

Download
DOWNLOAD

How to play

Progress
I didn't get around to starting this until last week, but now that there is an extension I should be able to have something done in time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:15:33 AM by Space_man » Logged
Space_man
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:30 AM »

I managed to get something playable finished, barely.  Enter is start, attacking/advancing dialog is x, z starts a conversation and arrow keys to walk around.  I really wish I had more time to work on this, but I'm leaving on vacation today.  Oh well, it was a bit ambitious to try and make this in about 2 weeks.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »

I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on in this game.  Hand Clap Epileptic

hi
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

Me either, kind of reminds me of Yumme Nikki a bit. But with more narration. Shame it doesn't have sound, could have really added to it. Loved the graphics.

It was a bit unclear that I could change my responses when talking to the guy, but I figured it out. Seems my choices have no impact on the game though as it always ends, right?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:30:20 PM »

This looks like it could be the start of something very interesting. Shame you had no time to expand it.

The attack is odd. I'm not sure what the crap the kid is doing (punching?), and its range is very deceptive (I feel I shouldn't be able to attack farther than melee range).

Other than that, it was intriguing.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:38:02 AM »

It's a shame you didn't have time to finish this. This game's off to a good start.

If you do decide to expand upon it, the controls could be improved a bit. Diagonal movement would make traveling seem a lot less stiff. And it would be nice if attacking showed your attack's range (maybe it should create a blast of energy instead of just being a generic punch. Entering a building is also a bit too finicky. You need to approach the door from just the right angle. At first, I was lost for a few minutes because it seemed like you couldn't enter the house.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic