Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:37:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] GramaGeddon [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] GramaGeddon [FINISHED]  (Read 6810 times)
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »

GRAMAGEDDON

(Disclaimer: If you are particularly easy to offend, you may find some of the concepts expressed here offensive to older drivers. Sorry about that. I take no responsibility.)

This is a game I have been working on for this competition. It will probably be fun because it features things such as time travel:

And succumbing to the side effects of your medication:

All within (potentially) offensively complicated procedurally generated cities:

Also I should've made this thread sooner because I've been working on it for the last month or so. Thank you deadline extension! I've not got that much more to do, mostly adding pedestrians, a few events and some menu/title screens.

Game's done!
Get it here!
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/gramageddon/files/gramageddon/download/3146/4234/
But also before that, if you haven't already, you should install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable, which the game requires to run.

Drive! Drive! Drive! Eh, what? Drive you say sonny? I'll drive over you! This is GramaGeddon, the game where you are an elderly lady on a psychotic rampage. Attempt to kill as many innocent pedestrians whilst navigating through the maze-like procedurally generated city as possible before you either smash your car up too much or simply run out of time.

CONTROLS:

Up arrow: Accelerate

Down arrow: Brake/Reverse

Left/Right arrows: Steer

P: Pause (Note: Doesn't pause audio, press M for that)

M: Mute theme (not other audio, sorry!)

Escape: Quit game (not at title screen, again, sorry!)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:51:14 PM by Lightnix » Logged

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »

How about a bonus mode where the point IS to run over people?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »

An intriguing concept! Who, Me?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:14:28 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

How about a bonus mode where the point IS to run over people?

A game wherein the objective is to kill people?  My Word!

Edit: A note on this, I actually did kind of a cross between of these ideas.   Beer!
Yes I like your suggestion a lot. Provided I have enough time I may implement that. Or I might just implement that. We'll see.

Also:

(and also one of the effects). They need a bit of spit and polish when it comes to the walls and to have their death animation applied, but otherwise I love the little guys.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:01:36 PM by Lightnix » Logged

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »

Alright, done, edited my first post. It's still a bit beta-ish, hope it works for most of you and moreover that you like it. Enjoy. 

deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

haha this is great. very violent maze game with grandma driving and killing pedestrians..you done the box art good  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »

It is saying MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll are missing, you may want to put that in the zip file.
For concept alone this looks awesome.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:58:55 PM by Wilson Saunders » Logged

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/B/C/5BC5DBB3-652D-4DCE-B14A-475AB85EEF6E/vcredist_x86.exe

it's because you need this^
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:06:15 PM »

Thanks Allen it works now.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that, I did put it in the readme file but inevitably they get overlooked (guilty Hand Thumbs Up Right). I'll stick that in the first post.

Again, the feedback is much appreciated.

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 03:45:17 AM »

I tried playing this but for some reason clicking on the "start game" button makes it quit :S

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »

I tried playing this but for some reason clicking on the "start game" button makes it quit :S

Okay, that doesn't sound good. First thing, if you're running it without unzipping it, I would try unzipping it. If not, download this, put gramageddon_d.exe into the same folder as your gramageddon.exe, run gramageddon_d.exe, press the button to play, close the application (presuming it doesn't exit), and if the application creates one (which if there's something wrong, hopefully it should), PM me the contents of cerr.txt.

Although if your computer's quite old and its graphics chipset doesn't support shaders, that could also be why. If anyone else is having similar issues I'd quite like to hear about it so that I can ascertain if it's an isolated issue and if possible update the game with any appropriate fixes.

miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:36 AM »

Running gramageddon_d.exe gives me a message that I'm missing MSVCP100D.dll, then, after I downloaded that from some dodgy-ass site it told me I also needed MSVCR100D.dll. After I downloaded that too it ran fine until I got to the second place you'r supposed to go, at which point I got this error:

Shrug

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »

miconazole, you need to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable. It's in the first post.

Game itself was pretty amusing. I like the medication effects, though a greater variety of them could have been more interesting. Overall it was nice.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

I installed it before I played the game. Why it still doesn't work is something of a mystery.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic