Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:49:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioA land of free music, where I won't get sued if I use it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: A land of free music, where I won't get sued if I use it  (Read 10288 times)
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »

My opinion has changed. Next time, on a commercial game, I will offer anyone who helps me a percentage of the profits. I will no longer just offer only accreditation.
Thank-you for saying this, I think it was very mature of you to do that.  I'm not sure if you saw this earlier or not, but a lot of small companies and animation studios that have very low budgets will often use music that's in the public domain (so it's free).  I know one video game studio that took to remixing a bunch of old classical music for their beat game by adding modern percussion and changing up the instruments.  I've also heard chiptune versions as well.  You can do a google search for public domain music to see what's out there, and here are some links to a couple sites as well:

Public Domain Jazz
Public Domain Classical

I haven't actually downloaded from either of these sites so I'm not sure of the mp3 quality, but I've listened to a bunch of the classical pieces and they seem good.  Good luck with your game Smiley
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:51:44 AM by supershigi » Logged

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic