Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:40:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGBudgetSoft Presents: Football Planet
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BudgetSoft Presents: Football Planet  (Read 9869 times)
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »

Decided to roll a few more random names and see if anything came up that I could push myself to make in a day, and gave Football Planet a go. It's basically football (as in soccer), played around the edge of a big circle, which is about as far as my planet drawing skills go. Didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped, but it's another thing to hopefully finish sometime when I'm more awake. Left/right/up/enter are the controls for player 1, w/a/d/space for player 2. The controls are a bit weird, in that they're working as intended so far but are as half-finished as everything else.

Edit: The file and screenshot have been offline for a while. If you really, really, need to see this completely incomplete thing, feel free to message me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 07:21:22 PM by shockedfrog » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »

Could be difficult to judge without a second player. A readme file with the game at least would help with explaining what the controls do. It's interesting, and weird. I kinda like it, in a weird sense.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:55:25 AM »

The controls are working to some extent (ie. holding the shoot button charges a shot, holding different directions means the shot goes higher or longer) but never quite got round to balancing it much. If I do continue this, the plan is to require shots to be carefully judged, so a well judged shot will go all the way to the opposing goal, but if the player hits the ball too hard then the ball flies off into space, and a friendly passing UFO catches it and gives it to the other team. And the two-player thing was basically just to make it vaguely playable, aiming for single player vs AI (with 2-player as an option) and 3 players on each team.

Currently focusing on getting my website up and running and making Killer Rabbit Online playable for now, though. This was pretty much just a quick experiment and shouldn't even really be in the vote Smiley
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »

Not bad for a days work. I can see potential in the idea, and it certainly fits the name. I'm sure you don't need me to point out the games faults so I'll leave it at that. Good stuff.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic