Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:46:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGPro Mushroom Slam (Finished, v1.0)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pro Mushroom Slam (Finished, v1.0)  (Read 10522 times)
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »

All Professional Mushroom Wresting, now available worldwide for your downloading pleasure! Behold, the power that you wield by commandeering the reigning champ, Sir Shitake, against the newly picked from the turd, Lil' Cap.

Interesting facts
  • This is my first time doing sprite art
  • It took two days to make this game, one for art, one for coding
  • Fresh mushrooms are delicious, but dried mushrooms taste like poo
  • Please leave feedback, I need it for a class
  • This means Pro Mushroom Slam 2.0 will become a reality

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:23:34 AM by Sifu Peng » Logged

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »

What's that kids? Gotta get your Pro Mushroom Slam fix on the run?

Coming Summer of '99!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:23:44 AM by Sifu Peng » Logged

Zaphos
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »

Cute!

since you asked, here are some feedbacks:
 * The mushroom animation is neat, but I think there should be a bit more bounce to their steps with that kind of movement; some up-down motion would be nice.
 * The game is too easy as is, because the enemy seems to only punch randomly, and the whole strategy is 'press z as soon as you overlap'.  It would be good if there were a bit more complexity to it -- for example if it took a longer time to 'wind up' a punch, and there were a quicker 'dodge' or 'jump' move.  Or, taking things another direction, if your enemy had cheating super powers and just fired rockets and lasers at you, or something.
 * The end is anti-climactic; some kind of score or trophy or similar might help.
 * Depending how much more time you want to spend with it, a series of different mushrooms to fight would be fun.
 * Music while you're in the ring would of course be nice.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »

Not bad for two days work. The little mushrooms are so cute, aww. The game is far to easy as Zaphos has already mentioned. Different moves would be a good addition, but I suppose the title, and dev. time, limited you to the single slam move. Good stuff.

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

Good job!  I've played NES games with worse graphics, sound, and gameplay!  Most were the off-brand jobbies (Deathbots... shudder), but still!  It could use some gameplay variety and a craftier AI, but what do you expect out of mushrooms?
Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic