Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:51:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNudo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nudo  (Read 5206 times)
torahhorse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »

Nudo is a platformer on top of a rubik’s cube... It takes about an hour to complete, depending on how your brain looks at stuff! Lookin' for feedback!

Download it here

made in gm8

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »

Very nice mechanic. Makes for some interesting puzzles. The presentation was also pretty good; but it wasn't as weird as the trailer made me hope it was!

Good job.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

Great mechanic, and i enjoy the graphics alot. Try to find somebody to port this to flash if it gets noticed, i'm sure somebody will pick this up and you could make some decent money off of this.  Coffee
MrScruffs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »

I love the graphics style! Hope the puzzles are awesome enough to make this game as fun as it looks like it could be. Smiley

Check out our Shizm.
Bit Battalion
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »

That was quite fun. The second to last stage was the hardest, I think. Anyway, there were a few collision glitches, but aside from that it was a pretty cool concept and well-executed.

Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »

It took me a bit of a while to understand that the shaded areas of the map were "no moving" areas and not actual barriers to the moving of blocks. Maybe a more comprehensive help file would solve that.
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 06:27:10 AM »

Having a help file would kind of ruin the fun, though, don't you think?
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 07:59:11 AM »

fantastic game!  Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »

Very nice! I liked the general aesthetic and the music. Especially the idle animation =)

The controls feel tight and intuitive and the puzzles were mostly really good and mind-expanding with a good difficulty curve... Early on, though, there was a few sequences where you could use the same basic system (like using two blocks to move horizontally) to complete solve several levels in a row, which was slightly tedious.

Also, some of the latter levels had drawn-out solutions with some precision fiddling involved that occasionally made you fail at the very last steps, and replaying levels which you had already solved wasn't very fun. This was especially true for level 31 where you had to know where the door appeared beforehand to avoid falling to your death... Perhaps show the location of the door before it appears?

Finally, since the mouse is not used in the game and you are running it in windowed mode, hiding the cursor feels more annoying than helpful to me.

Overall though, very good game that feels really solid. I got stuck in a wall once and had to restart, but I couldn't reproduce it so it seems like a rare occurance.
TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »

The mechanic is sweet, definitely original. The aesthetic art direction keeps this minmalist style I've come to admire from similar indie games of this nature. The trailer won me over; quirky upbeat music and a dope play demo, feel thats needed. Def will give a update on how the game-plays dude.

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
Almost
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »

Mechanic is cool, and yeah, trailer caught my interest with the elegant solution to the dark tower level.

Also: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/08/freeware_game_pick_nudo_ben_es.html

A game of mine: Ten Second War
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 02:01:10 AM »

I like! The puzzles were fair, and I finished it in a single sitting. Nice graphics, soothing (if slightly repetitive) music.
My only two gripes is that I kept pressing space instead of W to jump, and that the reset sound was too loud.
ortoslon
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

inelegant playthrough

ZodiacMentor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 06:35:38 AM »

Definitely looks interesting, and would really like to test it. Alas, the box.net download offered here and on Twin Heroes site gives a bandwidth limit exceeded error. Any other place to get the game for trying out?

porousnapkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 06:40:23 AM »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. As has been said before, great art style. I particularly like the menu art and the idle animation.

The mechanic is fun and interesting. When it was first introduced, I worried it would be so powerful it would trivialize any interesting puzzles, which definitely wasn't true. However, for me, the game overstayed its welcome. I enjoyed it all the way till around level 20 when I got tired of how challenging it was getting and quit playing. But saying a game is too long isn't much of a complaint, I got everything out of it I would have wanted to.
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »

Posted about this a few days ago: http://wowyoulose.net/2010/08/nudo/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic