Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:33:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTeleglitch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Teleglitch  (Read 25637 times)
PowRTocH
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »

Sorry I don't have much to say about this other than I really like it a lot. Very nice work.
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

bumping because UPDATE:

-improved gameplay
-insane amount of small fixes
-new weapons
-2 new monsters
-About 80 new sounds.
-more ways to combine things
-better menu
-probably forgot something important

here's the new link:
http://bit.ly/tNEGGq

and here is the video:

and here is a picture:

how far can you get?

ortoslon
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 08:06:29 AM »

this is great but I don't like how the minimap is dotted, trembling and sometimes doesn't correspond to the screen orientation

EDIT: also, as it is often useful to explore the map after finding the exit, the minimap should show the exit after you find it
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:26:25 AM by ortoslon » Logged
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »

This game is so good, the combat is visceral as fuck. Would love to see this expanded into a commercial title, and then find its way onto steam, i think it could do very well. I get kind of a Quake vibe from it, which i really like.

Could you explain how the silhouette-depth works please?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:36:53 PM by Greg Sergeant » Logged

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

EDIT: also, as it is often useful to explore the map after finding the exit, the minimap should show the exit after you find it
good point, will probably add this. have to rewrite the map anyway

This game is so good, the combat is visceral as fuck. Would love to see this expanded into a commercial title, and then find its way onto steam, i think it could do very well. I get kind of a Quake vibe from it, which i really like.

Could you explain how the silhouette-depth works please?
we are planning a commercial release some time next year.
what do you mean by silhouette-depth?

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »

I meant the black parts on the screen that simulate depth

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »

I meant the black parts on the screen that simulate depth

Don't they simulate filed of view? And as far as I can tell they are black walls extending from solids upwards to beyond the height at which the camera is placed.

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »

they are meant to simulate fov. funny that for some people it looks 3d.
i made those just like 2d shadow volumes and added 4px offset.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »

I was just thinking about this the other day and then I saw it featured on IndieGames.com.  Glad it was cause for some reason I forgot to turn on notifications for thread updates.

Awesome to see how far this has developed.  Time to download it.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Oh hey, featured on RPS, too.  Congrats!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:25:18 AM by oyog » Logged
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

Found Teleglitch via RPS and Indiegames today. Been playing it for a couple of hours this evening, absolutely loving it. It's hard, which is great.=, looks fantastic and is actually fun.

Definitely following this one closely, keep up the good work dude

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »

So funny story, I was making out with like, six girls, and I accidentally hit the console button (F1) and spent a couple minutes hitting every button on the keyboard to try to get out of it.  In doing so I turned off the fog of war, turned on the level editor, created a bunch of wall chunks all over the screen, replacing my character in the process and discovered weapon modding.

Yeah, basically, what I'm getting at is a readme file going over the basics would be awesome.  Or a tutorial for the folks who don't read those.

Cheers to weapon modding!

..And spiked eggnog.   Toast Left
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 06:03:02 AM »

You know I still haven't figured out weapon modding. Am I just being dim?

Overpass
Devlog
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »

Yeah, basically, what I'm getting at is a readme file going over the basics would be awesome.  Or a tutorial for the folks who don't read those.
You know I still haven't figured out weapon modding. Am I just being dim?

Hit "C" to mod weapons.

Forgot to mention this earlier.  It'd be nice if alt+f4 worked and in options when you turn on screen rotation and zoom the options don't change to reflect that.  They appear to activate but they both still say "off".

And nevermind, I found the readme.  It's called HELP.  Who calls a help file HELP?  Wink
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:49:02 AM by oyog » Logged
Dr.Electro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 03:45:26 AM »

unfortunately it doesnt work on my windows xp on mac bootcamp - just a black screen
i guess you will release it for win only? Sad

judging from your video: this looks really cool. your engine takes your spritesheets to the next level, effects are awesome, maps are interisting and i really feel that quake vibe too.

my crit: while the game looks fun the hud looks boring .. try to tell a story with your hud. if the hud is kind of a visual layer projected into the players head .. then make it look like such a layer. add medical / technical information and pseudo enemy analysis and use more graphical elements than text. this would really add to the feel.

AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:03 PM »

Oh. My. God.

I LOVE THIS!

I haven't even played, but I'm already loving the game's feel. When I watched the vid I thought 'no-nonsense, new-age Doom'. I appreciate the no-nonsense presentation and the core focus on run and gun shenanigans. I'm going to have to play and see how to make all of these awesome weapons.

By the way have you thought of exploiting the 2d view and doing more 'bullet hell' type stuff, or at least enemies with a crapload of guns pointing every which way?

Also, how do you render those monsters? Are they simple 3d constructions? You could probably go far to get a 'creeper effect' by making them look a bit more subtly disturbed/distorted. That paired with the lack of music would be bound to grate on some player's fears a bit.

Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 01:30:19 AM »

It works for me on my Win7 Bootcamp installation.

Also, I think the current gunplay dynamic is really solid, I'd be far less interested if it really changed into a 'Bullet Hell' style. It seems silly to say but I like the more realistic style you've got going at the moment, it's the tense exploration/sudden burst of violence that really appeals to me.

Overpass
Devlog
AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:16 AM »

It works for me on my Win7 Bootcamp installation.

Also, I think the current gunplay dynamic is really solid, I'd be far less interested if it really changed into a 'Bullet Hell' style. It seems silly to say but I like the more realistic style you've got going at the moment, it's the tense exploration/sudden burst of violence that really appeals to me.

Sorry, I didn't mean that exploreation-WOAHWHATTHE-exploration dynamic. That's absolutely solid right now. I just meant the addition of Enemies With More Guns. I figure playing with the top-down FOV by adding more then stock soldiers with single-line firing guns would add a twist to things. I admit going that non-traditional could damage the gameflow but only if there was an excessive 'ASSAULT THE PLAYER WITH BULLETS FOREVER' change to enemy spawn placement. Altering the firing dynamics without damaging the pacing seems feasible to me.

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »

I'm not sure if a screen full of green plasma and laser bolts would fit in this game.
I admit, there should be more different enemies with less traditional weapons and more interesting behaviours. There's actually 2 really new monsters in the todo list but I'm not sure when i'll get to them.
Also, how do you render those monsters? Are they simple 3d constructions?
3d? they're just sprites
and as this is written with sdl, there will be linux and max builds eventually
Oh and I added the help file to the first post.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:53:58 PM by epcc » Logged

verticalvertex
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »

Judging from the video, the game got a great feel to it with pixel/3d style. But the sound get a little bit annoying after awhile. Maybe adding more sound effect will take care of it.

It's all good.
AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 12:49:18 AM »

I'm not sure if a screen full of green plasma and laser bolts would fit in this game.
I admit, there should be more different enemies with less traditional weapons and more interesting behaviours. There's actually 2 really new monsters in the todo list but I'm not sure when i'll get to them.
Also, how do you render those monsters? Are they simple 3d constructions?
3d? they're just sprites
and as this is written with sdl, there will be linux and max builds eventually
Oh and I added the help file to the first post.

Yeah I figured out the sprite system after I played :D. I was mostly going by the vid' at the time. I'm screwing with the animations to make them more eventful, the zombies go berserk now :D.

I sort of think I use bullet hell wrong maybe. Because what you said is basically what I had in mind. I suppose what I really meant was just less conventional firing patters with more then one line of fire or whatever. Good to hear you're experimenting with that sort of thing though. In a relistic 3d game realistic gunplay makes sense but for a game like this your liberties are a lot wider, I think.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic