Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:22:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTeleglitch
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Teleglitch  (Read 25659 times)
Phasma Felis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »

Any more news on this? And anyone else have this thing where it runs at literally 2FPS? I found it in a RockPaperShotgun post from last year and wanted to give it a try, but it doesn't seem to be playable...
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:56 PM »

It's almost done now. The plan is to release it in august, but don't count on it. For what has happened in meantime, you can check the blog: http://teleglitch.com/blog/

I haven't heard that anybody has had the same problem as you have. Can you tell me your system specs? It should run okay on anything better than Pentium4 and GeForce440mx.
Also, try setting distortion to vertex at the options menu and if you've only tried v3.0, try v3.5, maybe that bug got somehow fixed in the meantime.

Haga
Level 0

A miserable little pile of secrets!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

This game is the shit epcc.
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »

Very, very much looking forward to the final thing! Fingers crossed for this month :D

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
Dan 327
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

Do you have a link to the linux build?
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »

Unfortunately, no. It compiles and runs okay on Linux, but I've always forgot to put together a Linux release. I guess you'll have to wait until the next release.

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »

Bumping again, because almost public beta.
This time I won't post a changelog, because there's too much new stuff.
The beta is limited to 6 levels, people who complete it and send feedback will get to test the final 4 levels some time in the future. Also, we plan to send out only about 100 copies, because it's a bit longer than the planned demo.

So,
1)http://bit.ly/W0N22a
2)play as much as you can
3)send stats.csv progress file at the main folder to [email protected] or through facebook. (looks like my report generation is broken)
4)also report any bugs and other thoughts.
5)people who will complete the final 4 levels will get the game for free and their name in the credits.

Linux release will be up sometime later, when I figure out how to package it.

Also, here's a recent picture taken for the screenshot saturday thread, but it's taken from a later level, so you can't fight these in the public beta.

Finally, if you don't mind, like us on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Teleglitch
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:36:30 AM by epcc » Logged

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 09:03:31 AM »

We've finished a new trailer, what do you think?

It's made with Blender :D

Also, a new homepage is up.
http://teleglitch.com
I'm also interested in any thoughts about that.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »

Combat still looks really sloppy and unprecise, still lots of randomness which will likely lead to unavoidable deaths, screen shaking overload.  Only nice thing is the base graphics still.

I can understand what you're going for with this game, but you can't make it that hard/tightly tuned and also that random without leading to unwinnable scenarios.  Eventually you're just left waiting for the right dice rolls to land in order to win.

Sorry. :p
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 12:13:56 PM »

Can't see why you think that. Dodging monsters and shooting them accurately depends mainly on skill. There's only maybe 1% chance of getting hit by accident

Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »

Combat still looks really sloppy and unprecise, still lots of randomness which will likely lead to unavoidable deaths, screen shaking overload.  Only nice thing is the base graphics still.

I can understand what you're going for with this game, but you can't make it that hard/tightly tuned and also that random without leading to unwinnable scenarios.  Eventually you're just left waiting for the right dice rolls to land in order to win.

Sorry. :p

Totally disagree, have you played the early versions? Because I think you're dead wrong.

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »

I actually didn't experience any of the things Udderdude brought up since maybe the first or second build. I admit I do get into some pretty terrible situations, but like most games (I'm looking at you Spelunky!), they're brought on by my own terrible decisions.

Can't wait for the full release!
Spummy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »

Linux release will be up sometime later, when I figure out how to package it.

You might have already gotten this down, but what about packaging exactly are you trying to figure out?
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »

This looks amazing, excellent work on the camera shakes and post effects, they really make it something special

noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »

I think the game is really fun and I love the graphics, especially the glitchy stuff. The enemies are pretty difficult with them being fast and having to aim before you shoot. Aiming at them is also hard when they are right on you. But it does have a nice feel when you do kill them.

Also, it would be nice if I could just click on the items to access them instead of having to use the scroll button. Especially when my health was low and a bunch of enemies were rushing me. My first instinct was to just click on my medkit instead of having to scroll to it. 

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »

You might have already gotten this down, but what about packaging exactly are you trying to figure out?
doing those .rpm and .deb and Huh? packages looks like rocket science to me and plain archive seems a bit unusual on linux

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »

I love how this looks (not just graphics, how it seems to play too). I wouldn't judge if there can be unwinnable scenarios before actually playing but it seems like a skill based game where weapon parts you may or may not get just help you depending on your playing style rather than altogether enable you to win. I can't wait to play it, we need more top down games like this and Hotline Miami and more!

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Spummy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »

doing those .rpm and .deb and Huh? packages looks like rocket science to me and plain archive seems a bit unusual on linux

Plain archive is just fine. Hell, I usually encounter that more than .debs and .rpms because no one wants to maintain multiple packaging formats. If you really want a more "official" installer without maintaining separate .debs and .rpms, developers already encountered this issue and made their own distribution neutral installers. Game porter Ryan C Gordon of near legendary status in the Linux community created his own installer called MojoSetup: http://icculus.org/mojosetup/, and so it has been used a lot and thoroughly tested through the Humble Indie Bundles. Another option I've seen used is Nixstaller: http://nixstaller.sourceforge.net/news.php but I have never used either myself, so I can't give any recommendations of one over the other.

But really, an archive is fine.
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2012, 02:46:22 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=29921.0

Thanks to everybody for their support and ideas.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic