Gameplays: 43 (tries)
Furthest room: 4 (due to crashing)Sound/Music
1. The Sound effect of teleporting in is too loud towards the end of the teleport
2. please have the basic enemies also make a sound as you near them, as from a top down they blend into the environment some times
3. No music in game made the world feel really really empty when you are moving through aleady cleared sections.Menu:
1. the first time I load into the game the screen is contorted graphicly till I start playing the game, I'm not sure if intentional as the game is about glitches haha, but it made me try to "fix it" so if it is intentional, maybe have the options/menu selections be clear then the map glitch in. (EDIT: Alt-tabbing fixes this visual glitch, so it's not intentional, though the concept may add flavor if you so choose).
2. I'm confused why I can start on lvls 1-2-3-4? as a player it gives me the signal that there are 4 "playgrounds" and it's not a game about completion/progression, I didn't know I was supposed to find the exits in each level to progress to the later levels till playing longer. Maybe having new players start on level 1, and unlock the ability to jump around levels as you get to them would be cool as it would encourage the idea of progression.
3. The mini map in game is so cool.
1. I dislike zombies spawning from thin air on the maps rather than just being placed around, a few too many times I have been spawned right on top of and it just gives this wierd disconnect from the game world, if you wanted the zombies to spawn in a way that is a surprise, maybe have an object one could burst out of rather than a tube, this way you could place say a create and it would bust out of that in the middle of the room. or if you just want a zombie presence even after you clear a room have them come out of a pipe.
2. As much as I enjoy the world, when the camera is switching it's viewing angle in a room when returning to a room that had a completely different angle, I start feeling totally lost, I don't mind that each room kinda turns the view for the room, it just becomes labyrinthy when returning to a room with that different angle.
3. The world kinda feels empty and the same, I'm not attached to the environment, so I see the world as follows Is there a zombie here? Is there an item here? okay next room. Maybe some audio logs/text? maybe some spots of infomation/events that describe what happened in little parts for the player to place together? or maybe even a room with say a small little puzzle that would reward me with a chest for items? Make me care about the world you put so much time into, maybe notes about what items to combine.
4, It just feels bad to come off a level with low health and have no med packs around in the starting room...or next 9 rooms for that matter as of now medpacks feel a bit too "lucky", I know the medpacks are super powerful, so maybe just starting the level with full health would give me a freash start on the next level, or if you'd like to keep the difficulty a bit higher, maybe just introducing minor health pick ups that give only tiny bits of health (say +2-5 hp) though have them a bit more abundant, so if I play the levels well and avoid most of the hurt I'll slowly be regaining my health.
5. Getting to around level 4 crashes the game for me =[! as I enter the teleporter I've never been able to advance further due to this crash (happened 3 times now) (EDIT:I will try to get this to crash one more time and grab the txt!.)
6. Even after playing about 40+ times, I'm feeling like me advancing from level to level is based on the ammo, and random stuff I get along the way rather then some choices I make, for example sometimes I enter doors and just get jumped by 10+ zombies, or sometimes I open a door to find a two 50 hp health packs, no enemies, and a shotgun with ammo, and depending on how I lead up to those types of rooms decides if I live or die there. That's the curse of ranomly generated rooms I guess haha, there is no real way to predict what rooms will help you or not (blood trail leading to a room
, darkness in an area etc) and not exploring every room will lead to your demise in the next level if you aren't totally stacked in items or greens to combine into things like detectors/armor/teleporter and such.Items:
1. I found myself never trying to use explosives as they are just hard to select then reselect your weapon, and later in the game my inventory was mostly just green items waiting to be combined, and I'd horde them instead or explosives.
2. As I said before medpacks are too random...sometimes I get 3 right away, and boom I'll make it to lvl 3 no problems (then have to look for more from there. othertimes I'm low HP and can't move on to the next level 100% knowing the next level will stomp me if I dontfind a few more med packs...then you find a pipe instead, and you may as well just start over.
3. The detector is nice, though I think I can't think of a big reason not for it to be just not always on, to me the first time I picked it up I thought it was automatic, and was really confused to see a pipe explode on me with zombies. As is having to select it again and again, just makes the game move really slow as I'm going back and forth between that and a gun, so I don't get killed.
4. As you combine items and play the game out, Maybe have a chart that unlocks the recipies as you craft the items for reference, and also to promote experimenting to find the last of the recipies.Overall:
I really like the gameplay experience for the most part, at this point in making the game, I feel like you have a really solid playing experience, though just need to polish and expand the contents to make the experience as well rounded as possible, there is a really really great base to do this from, from the lighting and map effects, to the environmental map changes and random objects around the world. I really think this game has potential to be a really flushed out experience from here, and it's exciting to think it's already getting there.