Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:07:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeP-XCEL - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: P-XCEL - simple on-model texture editor [UPDATE v1.01]  (Read 55594 times)
Bad Wolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »

Hello world!

I've registered only to say to stdcall that this little piece of software is amazing, but I have a little problem with it, it's probably caused by my ignorance in 3D programs but when I load my .obj in Blender the model seems to load right except there's no material or texture and i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

(Sorry for my bad English, and for registering just for this, you people have and amazing community but i am more a lurker).
RCIX
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »

Interesting tool! if i end up doing something 3D i'll prolly end up looking it up Smiley

unfortunately same cannot be said about texturing. I never quite liked 3d Studio's uv mapping and the whole workflow scheme pushed me back every time I wanted a quick texture to be done.

Blender  Who, Me?

Uh, i can't do more than move the camera and make a box in blender... The UI is constant  Crazy for me...
jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 05:21:48 AM »

I also find Blender to be crazy confusing, to just do simple stuff with,.  Wings3D is nicer.  P-XCEL is very nice!  Some of my .obj files don't load, but they where just random things I had modeled and could have been huge poly counts,. this looks great for low-poly-pixel-art-3d, and that could lead to a nice looking game for sure,. thanks for post it!  Good luck bug hunting.

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »

Yes, yes, and HELL YES. This is awesome.  Kiss

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »

This is awesome! I made a crate-

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 03:53:57 AM »

Can't wait to try this out. For Snowball Smash I used blender for modeling and texturing but this looks way more fun as a texturing tool. Will follow its development and try it out this weekend. Looks super fun.

M

On STEAM »
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »

i can't run it :/

when it runs it throws up this error: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8943931/error.txt

then when i try to open an obj file or project file it throws another error and doesn't do anything.

i have a pretty old computer but it does most things. winXP

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »

Interesting tool! if i end up doing something 3D i'll prolly end up looking it up Smiley

unfortunately same cannot be said about texturing. I never quite liked 3d Studio's uv mapping and the whole workflow scheme pushed me back every time I wanted a quick texture to be done.

Blender  Who, Me?

Uh, i can't do more than move the camera and make a box in blender... The UI is constant  Crazy for me...

Yep but once you get it, you get EVERYTHINGS
I followed only one tuts (intermediate, skipped the interface tut actually) on cg tuts, and BOOM got it, never use tutorial again.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »

Very nice tool you've created here :D

Is there any possibility of adding Unity-style WASD nav controls for the camera?

tweet tweet @j_younger
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »

Whenever I try to add open certain simple models, I get the following error:

Here is one of the models in question
. I've tried building it in both Wings3D and Blender. The only thing I can think is that it doesn't like that certain vertices of the model don't touch?
Pixelgent
Level 1

Pixels and Polygons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 03:34:58 AM »

This is amazing! I had to post it on polycount (be prepared for the traffic for something like this)

regarding navigation i think a alt + mouse1/mouse2/mouse3 would work best this is the way its set up in maya, this is also in dire need of a framing option example: hit the f key to frame up on the object and make the objects center where the camera is facing and rotates around.

A line tool would be great for this as well.

alt + mouse1 = rotate
alt + mouse2 = zoom
alt + mouse3 = pan

also i redid my little truck.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:56:11 AM by willy-wilson » Logged
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »

I got my model to load shortly after figuring out how to join all the vertices in Blender and make it one solid object.

I've painted it and exported it, but I'm having trouble getting it into Unity; it doesn't want to load it. It just says "Import FBX Errors: Couldn't import file C:\blah\blah\blah\model.obj".
larvey
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:03 AM »

A fantastic editor, very simple and efficient, I dreamed of it and you did it.

willy-wilson did a good suggestion about mouse navigation, that's the first lack I thought when I tried P-XCEL.

After, my wishes would be to be able to use it under Ubuntu, a Linux port would be great. But I know it can be complicated, first you can make it open source to take advantage of the community to evolve it.
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

This thing is great! I'm giving myself a crash course in 3D art, so I made a die...  Shrug

snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Heh... just noticed that the "4" on that die is wrong (the 2 top dots are too far from the edge). I thought it was a bug with the game engine I was using, but nope.
Theophilus
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »

I keep getting errors; can't even load the test.obj... Shame, it looks great.
Balrog
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

Whenever I try to add open certain simple models, I get the following error:

Here is one of the models in question
. I've tried building it in both Wings3D and Blender. The only thing I can think is that it doesn't like that certain vertices of the model don't touch?

I got this error tonight from a model I exported from the Voxel iphone app Sad

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »

my love for you is like a truck
Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »

This looks amazing, but sadly I too have run afoul of the int32.parse() error.
It must only work on certain .obj exporters? I tried blender, but no luck.
Nix
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 06:00:08 AM »

Why don't you open source this, __stdcall? I'm sure others would be more than happy to fix your bugs and add functionality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic