Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:02:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Arm
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Arm  (Read 3012 times)
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »

A game about rebellion.

Download

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

O m O

well.

well.

Gee, thanks, actually. I got a lot out of this game, namely pride in getting that last garbage past all of those obstacles!!! The contrast between feeling terrible about what I was doing and feeling proud of myself for succeeding.... was wonderful. :"D

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »

cool game almost ruined by frustrating controls/physics.

it's really clumsy and awkward picking up objects, and awkward even putting them into the pit. sometimes I'd drop the human and he would just stop in mid-air or be in the fire but the game wouldn't accept it and I had to pick up and try again, etc. Navigating him through the little maze was damn frustrating because he would just drop for no reason, and it was such a pain to pick him up.

I got to the end with the white jarbled screen and the message about car alarms, I take it that is the end? I could still hear the arm rotating in the background and the bucket opening and closing when I clicked the mouse.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »

It was a fun little game and I really enjoyed the atmoshphere. It is definitely way to clunky when it comes to the controls. I also had a lot of trouble getting the first person in the pit. It kept freezing in mid air and it took about 3 full minutes until I was able to get him in. I didn't have that much trouble with the last guy though, because I figured out how the glitchy movement worked by then.

It was overall a good experience but I definitely think you should fix up the controls a bit.  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »

Once I got past the strange controls, I think the game was interesting!  I'm assuming I won when I got to the white part?

Oh yeah, controls need some help, and the voice acting, while disconcerting at first, in my opinion seemed a little bit too...prepubescent by the end.

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

This is the most glitched up game I have ever seen.
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:15:10 PM »

Uptaded the game and now there should be fewer glitches and stuff.

Batmanifestdestiny: Yes, I tried to make it so the voices seem to get higher and higher.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »

fixed version is much better. still a little quirks if you move the arm too fast, but I was able to complete it without any headaches or frustrations.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic