Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:55:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLet's Play (Beat) Your Game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Let's Play (Beat) Your Game!  (Read 21733 times)
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »

Okay, so we're all done with

now and

is quickly moving along!  Something about these LPs really makes me tend to speak in first person plural...

Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

Could you do one of Contrasaurus? It's about a dinosaur who travels through time to save America from Communists in 1984. The game is about 15 min long of machine gun and jetpack fueled mayhem. It's a browser based game so you'd need to run in Google Chrome for best results. Thanks if you do it, and even if not, the series is cool!
mirosurabu
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

You should try beating ILU2, that would be awesome to watch.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

Thanks paste, I really enjoyed your playthrough of Madhouse Smiley Seeing this game being played against has inspired me to do the onyine version Smiley

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »

@X3N: I don't have an iPod.  What is iPoddery?
@Cellulose: Yes, usually the only restrictions on what games I do are technical requirements for recording them.
@phubans: Happy to oblige!

- I think I'm almost at the end now.

- Was this game intended to frustrate me?

Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »

Did you start playing Flubs?

You can't beat it. You can try. People have told me they have played for more than an hour.

It's a game I helped make in school, so it's technically not indie. Does it still merit your attention, good sir?

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 03:17:08 AM »

Game is fun, but if you gave about 5 seconds more in the destruction phase or at least provide the player with more control it wouldn't be so impossibly difficult.
Sorano
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 04:25:17 AM »

Did you start at level 10? Durr...?

Balance was a problem. We lacked an artist near the end and so we couldn't get new features, such as power-ups or new blocks, a reality.

We got stuck with a bit of balance problems. Tried to do as much as possible with what we had.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:45:53 AM by Sorano » Logged
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »

- Was this game intended to frustrate me?
Holy fuck you actually played it long enough to make a video Shocked
Thank you sir!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:38:32 AM by Dataflashsabot » Logged
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »

not a single person has ever beat this game of mine (... not even me...) (i made it years ago give me a break, I have a lot more fair games if you look at more recent stuff)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/357600

[300k plays on newgrounds, I think I either accidentally made an impossible level, or I had a bug in the tracking code]
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »

Another (late) installment of

!

Also, I tackle/get tackled by MadK's

!

P.S. I usually include links to free games in the video descriptions, so please let me know if you do not want your link posted, and I will take it down as soon as I get the message.

Enjoi

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »

Thanks, but bah, you didn't even get a quarter of the way through.

Shields prevent you from cooling down, shooting increases your heat slowly and getting hit while your shield is down makes it skyrocket. Your temperature will steadily decrease automatically. Remember that the bars on the sides of the screen indicate your heat and your shield.

It's pretty easy at the beginning, and it's only the fact that you didn't stop to cool down that made the difficulty ramp up so quickly. It may as well be bullet hell nearer the end.

And the entire game took 4 or 5 hours, I don't remember exactly. I did a little refinement after my goal to make the game in 3 hours (which is the additional time) but not that much.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:20:54 PM by David "Madk" Kirschner » Logged
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »

Yo Paste, could you please (Pretty please) play through my game? Warning, it's pretty hard.

Bullets

Your videos are awesome, by the way Smiley

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »

Mario's Macross

Hardly anyone ever played this. Of those that did hardly anyone finished it because it's hard as shit. Which makes me feel bad because I thought the boss was pretty cool.
selfishflesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 12:24:30 AM »

Spaghetti!

Damn, my only complete game is only either multiplayer or score attack based. Unless you're just going to top the highscore table. cannon ballin'  is all on a single screen too, so you'd have to be pretty damned hilarious to make it an interesting video.

Other than that I've only got a partially finished game with a few levels called erryl spew, where you eat people and use vomit to knock them down (to be eaten).

Well! Happy gaming, wherever it may take you!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 08:24:45 AM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Hempuli/bulletsss

A pretty old game of mine I recently ported to flash. It'd be cool to have a playthrough of this, preferably on the harder difficulty (press enter in the title menu).

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »

marches on, ceaselessly and with no signs of slowing.

Also, we have a brief and unfinished

by Sorano.

Sorano
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

omg. Thank you! Smiley That was a casual game designer's dream. Wizard Sorry for the bug. It was about the first game I actually designed. So yeah, what I gathered:

- Not enough incentive to continue.
- Too repetitive.
- Not enough meat on the gameplay
- Insufficient audio and visual feedback.
- Difficulty curve is too slow and not severe enough.
- Controls have major issues.

Thank you for the comments on the art and music. I'll be forwarding this to everyone involved for crucial feedback.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:42:00 PM by Sorano » Logged
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

Hey, I know you haven't gotten around to any of my games, but if you want a free copy of my most recent game, Space Captain McCallery Episode 2, to do a Let's Play/Beat of, just let me know.

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »

I started watching some of these today. Really enjoying them, your commentary is great.

I would be interested in seeing you tackle Mindbender which is a puzzle platformer with a fair number of levels. Pretty sure only about three people have ever completed all of them.

Alternatively, Terrible Tiny Traps and Run/Jump/Flip are much shorter experiences (most people seem to take about 15-20 and about 5 mins) which I'd also be delighted if you wanted to record them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic