Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:15:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58015 times)
Lissar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »

I hadn't heard of this program before.  Definitely going to have to try it.  Thanks!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »

You are welcome! The new version will look and feel quite different once it's done.

Speaking of which I've now done enough on the new version to actively use it for the font/icons in D-Pixel and other graphics. This means I can get much more of a feel for the program again and see what works and what doesn't as I complete the transition to the new GUI.

I've already made a few changes based on the feel. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »

Changed to improve the feel:

+ Made the fill tool not use an inverse cross-hair cursor as it did before. Instead the mouse cursor just has a fill icon style one. This seems to work better and be less visually distracting.

+ Made the copy/cut brush mode start with an inverse cross-hair, but then change to a bounding box effect once you've actually started drawing.

+ Arrow keys for scrolling now use momentum based scrolling once held down for a certain time (i.e. the scrolling smoothly accelerates). Previously there was a 3 speed scrolling method. Also the scrolling is now more proportional to the zoom level - so at higher zoom levels the scrolling looks the same but is actually scrolling a lot slower over the image.

+ Removed the clip to image mode when zooming. I added this originally to keep everything on the screen and so you couldn't move around off the canvas. However on coming back to the program it feels awkward in use and too restrictive. Now you can scroll off of the canvas, but only until it is completely off the screen and then the scroll stops. This makes things feel more consistent and predictable when scrolling and zooming in/out.

+ Made holding down Left control go into the eyedropper mode (rather than Tab).
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »

I've been busy with social things this week - will hopefully have more time this weekend to work on D-Pixel. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »

Working on the various paint modes:
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »

This program is going to be amazing; it already is to a certain extend but nothing like what it will be if you iron out all the kinks. Keep going!  Wink

So long and thanks for all the pi
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

Thanks! Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »

I've added all these paint modes now, as well as an Erase mode.

Still a lot to do..
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

Added a hue paint mode that assumes you are laying out your palette in 16 colour ramps. This mode lets you recolour the painted over hue to your new colour range.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

Pretty cool application! I like it. Here's a few things I found while testing it out real quick:

- Saving doesn't work
- I can't focus on something other than the main app; even the loading window always appears behind the drawing window.
- It's kinda weird to have two preview windows? I don't know; I noticed you could change the window layout, which is nice.

I hope you continue development on it - I think it's pretty cool so far!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2013, 02:30:16 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. The new version will feel a bit different but will hopefully address the saving and window focus issues. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »

Implemented the system where the secondary canvas window can change to the tool options panel when a tool icon is selected. This turns off when you move the cursor back over the primary canvas window.

It feels quite good already to me. Smiley
travisofarabia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »

This looks great any plans to port to mac?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »

Sorry not at the moment.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

Added a Centre Edges brush operation. For even brush sizes (i.e. 16 x 16, 32 x 32, etc..) this will scroll the brush until the edges are now in the middle.

This is useful for when you want to remove obvious edges in a tile. Clicking again will restore the original edge positioning.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »

I need to add support to scroll the palette up and down with the mouse wheel so you can access all of the colours. So I'm adding that now..
First I thought you meant scrolling through palettes, to allow for colour cycling tricks. I'm sure more than a few pixel pushers would love a feature like that Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »

Got the brush colour remap icon working.. so you can cut a brush from one image, move to another one and it will try to remap the brush to fit the new colour palette.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »

Added Minimize and Quit icons - as the program now runs in Fullscreen mode.

Working on adding a user-defined brush icon as well as the preset brush icon (default of 1 x 1) to the main Tools strip. This is so it's easy to switch between preset brush shapes and user-defined brushes that have been cut out of an image.

Tweaked selected and unselected thumbnails highlighting style. Now darker if unselected and if selected there is a border within the thumbail rather than around it (this is so icons fit in the main Tools strip).

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »

Fixed a bug where BMP files weren't being saved correctly if the width of the image wasn't an even multiple of 4.

A few other bug fixes. Mostly been busy with social events with family and friends before Christmas.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2013, 01:51:32 AM »

Ugh.. found some bugs when working with bitmaps that were had an odd number of pixels for the width or height of the image. This was messing up the texture drawing for the canvas and the calculations for which pixel the mouse cursor was over. Now fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic