Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:59:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58013 times)
RyanB
Level 0

FIRE + SKULLS = AWESOME

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

Damn this is sexy.  Nice UI and design.

First bug: can't load files.  I was going to load a palette image to see if it would pick the correct colors and D-pixel froze.

One thing I need in my editors is the ability to load and save palettes.  Entering 256 colors by hand is torture.

I'll try again later.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »

Do you have the image you tried to download that I could look at? I'll try and see what the problem is..
beakɍ
Level 0

(っ ºДº)っ ︵ ⌨ GAMEDEV IS LIFE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2014, 08:55:17 PM »

Very nice UI. I'm doubting it will work well with Wine, but if it does, I will try it out on Linux. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Update:

Got D-Pixel to work on my Linux system flawlessly with Wine. Definitely using this for some pixel art work, very well done!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:10:45 PM by beakr » Logged
RyanB
Level 0

FIRE + SKULLS = AWESOME

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:15 AM »

Do you have the image you tried to download that I could look at? I'll try and see what the problem is..

Just retried with the same image and it worked fine. 

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »

Well after the Christmas and New Break I am currently setting up a brand new laptop.

My old one is only a small step up from a netbook with a pretty rubbish screen. So this is my Christmas present to myself!

The new laptop is much much better (despite having to get used to windows Cool. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2014, 10:21:08 AM »

Well the good news is it compiles on the new laptop first time! Which it should do, but you never know.. Wink

It compiles much quicker and opens / closes a screen window almost immediately too. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »

Just been fixing a few bugs when working in different screen resolutions. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »

Opps! Well, I've been a bit lax with this lately.  Lips Sealed

I have a few more things to work on and then I could be looking at a public release for the new version. I don't seem to have much time at the moment though!

After that I'm going to look into using SDL for my future projects. I'm getting increasing frustrated with the limitations of the Engine I'm using right now.
Eudora
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »

Hi there, mr. Happymonster. I'm new to this forum and I'm interested in pixel art and pixel patterns. Your program is literally astounding! Didn't seen a program like yours out there before. But I checked out your site and it gives to me a database error; plus, I only succeeded to download an old version of the program (0.62 since April 2011) . I'd like so much to use it in the newest version; maybe this isn't still released? Thank you in advance for your answer... just keep goin', it's the best pixel art editor/ tile editor so far!
Cheers  Smiley Smiley Smiley Gomez Tiger
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:05 AM »

Thank you Smiley

The old version (0.62) was the last one released. I have been working on a new version with a different UI style, but it's slow progress lately.

I hope to release it at some point in the future.

I also need to fix the website.  Concerned
Eudora
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »

Awww thank you for your quick answer!  Smiley Coffee Can't wait for the new stable version... looking forward to this little jewel.   Waaagh!  Gomez I wish you to achieve your goals in life, always, you have so much talent in programming! Cheers
Mihkel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2015, 04:46:13 AM »

What I like the most about this program is circle drawing algorithm, all 4 sectors are nicely symmetrical.
Also view panning and zooming action is very smooth unlike any other drawing program what I have seen so far.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2015, 10:54:17 AM »

Thanks!

Progress is still slow, although I've in the middle of moving it to use SDL as the Engine. This will make it work a lot better with file selectors and with a maximised window. Both things which caused issues with the previous Engine which was aimed more at games.
daviann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »

First off, thanks for creating this. I've used a lot of pixelling apps since the Amiga days, and this is the best I've used. It even beats DPaint for me.

It just feels "right" when drawing. Great selection of tools / brushes.

My ONLY gripe is the palette. I wish it was at the bottom (like in grafx2).

I constantly check here for any updates, and cannot wait for that day when I check again, and you've released the next shiny new version :}
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »

Thanks!!  Gentleman

I've never completely liked a paint program on the PC either, it's the reason I created D-Pixel Smiley
daviann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2015, 05:50:34 AM »

I always wanted to do my own pixelling app, but well, now there's absolutely no need thanks to you being less of a procrastinator than me Beer!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »

Right, apart from a few bugs I've finally ported my developmental version of D-Pixel to use SDL. It took a lot of work and some workaround coding.  Shrug

The developmental version is also in the process of being modified from the last release version so that it uses a resolution independent interface. This means that I'll use truetype fonts and less detailed icons, but scaled up with my Tixel graphics system.

I need to do this as the interface is starting to look too small on 1920 x 1080 and resolution sizes are only going to increase.

Ploughing through the code is horrible, a legacy of a lot of redesigns and different engines. I have to constantly fight the urge to redo everything!  WTF

When it's working under the new interface I have some new features I want to add. But still a lot of work to do first. Still.. progress is being made.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

Does SDL imply Linux version? Well, hello there!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »

God, I wouldn't be able to handle Linux.. It's too hardcore for me!!  No No NO
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2015, 09:12:37 PM »

What kind of code do you write that it's so strongly tied to a platform? Huh?

Or is it more about supporting quirks and bugs? Because I do get that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic