Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:04:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58516 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

The second one..  Shrug
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2015, 12:09:36 AM »

Fair enough, although frameworks like SDL seem to be pretty good at covering those up.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »

The palette and other panels now scale according to the screenmode, and I'm using true type fonts for the test. I have to convert all the icons to tixel images and are rewriting the panel data one by one to work with the new system. But it's taking shape. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2015, 01:09:03 AM »

I've converted all of the icons to tixel images and most of them I have smoothed out so they look good at higher resolutions.

I'm moving away from the rainbow hues of the original icons. The new version will have a style of dark grey panels with blue icons (currently).

I'm a little undecided of the best way to do palette sliders with arrows either side. I like the upwards arrow approach for the palette marker on palette sliders as you can see more accurately where it's pointing than a normal scrollbar. But, that means it overlaps the left / right arrows on each side unless you have a shorter palette slider bar which I'm not so keen on doing..

Any thoughts?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

Apart from a few icons, nearly all of them are now smoothed out so look much better Smiley

Most of the program is now working well. Filling is broken a bit, so I need to fix that. There are also some bugs to fix and a few bits and pieces to finish before it's fully working.

However already some parts are better than the old version due to using SDL (like proper maximized windows and file selectors over the main screen).

Then I'll add some new functionality I want to implement.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »

Ok, fixed the fill error today.

Redesigned the palette sliders into something I am happy with.

Made the logic try to work at around 60 fps rather than executing much higher to avoid duplicate logic calls.

Tidied up a few graphical issues with some icons and supported large thumbnail preview graphics for brushes and images.

As a consequence this means there will be 12 user-defined brush slots, and 16 image slots.

I had a big spreadsheet of program ideas several years ago, but I'm not sure if I still have it on an old PC. A lot of it was rather random ideas and thoughts from myself and other people, but there were some good bits in there too. I'll have to look for it some time.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »

Fixed an issue with the filled circle not always drawing in quite the right pixel location when given negative widths or heights.

Working on adding more functionality to the ellipse / circle options.

It's slow going at the moment.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »

A bit more time today. Smiley

I'm starting to add new stuff now. Something that I wanted for a long while but never got time to add before is the ability to draw part of an ellipse/circle. When you go to the ellipse tool options you will now be able to draw one of these sections: Top-Left, Top, Top-Right, Left, All, Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right. These relate to the 4 quarter circle corners, the 4 semi-circle options and the normal full circle (or ellipse) drawing.

I just need to fix up some clipping issues and it's all implemented.  Gomez
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »

Woah. This looks pretty cool. Keep up the good work
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2015, 10:12:20 PM »

Cheers!  Gentleman
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »

Ok, a few cases where the shape isn't drawn at quite the right position.. but the rest of it is done. I'll go back to this when I've got some fresh eyes to find the bug!

I've added a Minimize and Quit windows style button to the top right of the screen. You can right click on the Quit windows icon and it will exit without saving the current workspace (if you've screwed something up).

Also added 9 different brush handle positions: top-left, top, top-right, left, middle, right, bottom-left, bottom, and bottom-right. These are useful when drawing at the edges of the screen.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2015, 03:57:58 AM »

I'm thinking of changing the palette tool options to use HSL or something else rather than HSB. I think this will make it easier to lighten colours towards white without moving both the value and saturation sliders.

Any thoughts on this?
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »

Use as many tools as you can to modify colors. Make tabs!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2015, 12:44:59 AM »

I'm on holiday at the moment, but still thinking of ideas for D-Pixel (when not in the sun!)

Will have some time later this week to do more work on it. Smiley

Gentleman
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »

I'm experimenting with a different style of pen markers in the palette (for the left and mouse button pens).

At the moment I'm trying out:

A marker on the left of a colour swatch for the left mouse button shaped like this   [
A marker on the right of a colour swatch for the right mouse button shaped like this ]

Not sure if it will work out, but I'm trying to make it easier to identify the pen colours currently selected.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »

I've downloaded the latest free versions of ProMotion and GraphicsGale to see what features they implement and just to get a feel for them. What other programs (free) are recommended that I can look at?
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »

Anything on piratebay  Well, hello there!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2015, 12:09:54 AM »

Err.. not quite what I had in mind!  Who, Me?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »

I've been working on the system settings today.

I've drawn an icon for reversed scrolling when panning and added that functionality back in to the new version.

Also I have added 7 icons corresponding to the option to have the palette consist of either: 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 or 256 colours.
Lower colour numbers result in larger palette swatches to fit the space, making it easier to select colours with the mouse cursor.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »

Added in the option of seeing palette lines on / off (black lines separating the palette swatches)

Also added in an option to have the palette at the top or the bottom of the GUI.

I have to look at implementing some new stuff which will be harder than the little things in the last few days, and so will also take longer to do Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic