Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:02:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58455 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »

Fixed a bug where the last row or column in the canvas texture could sometimes not be updated.
CandyFace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

Aye o/

I just stumbled over your program after surfing around the "wayofthepixel" forum. I read an old post from 2010-2011 where you said that a OSX version might be coming later. I've been using PyxelEdit for nearly two years now and are looking for additional software to do some things. I really like the new interface and in general find the program really promising. I wouldn't mind using the windows version through Wine, but it doesn't seem to work, unfortunately. Would it be possible for you to provide a mac build or would it require too much work?

Nevertheless, it looks really good, so keep up making it better  Gentleman
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »

Hiya,

I'm afraid there are no plans for a mac version at the moment. I don't have a mac and unless someone wants to buy me one I don't think I will have one to develop with.

Sorry that it doesn't work with Wine. It uses SDL as an engine, so I thought it might work..
CandyFace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »

Ahh well that's too bad. The program does start in wine, however i'm getting "Tixel Error: Can't open Tixel tile texture data from: Tixel_tiles\2.dat" but all the files are there and the log is giving my nothing...
Should you ever make it open source, then i would gladly compile it myself Wink
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:48:57 PM by CandyFace » Logged
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2015, 07:52:19 AM »

Hmm.. the Tixel files should be looked for within the program directory and then in the Tixel_tiles folder.

It may be the case that the default directory it's looking in isn't the program directory for you. Not sure why though as other people don't have a problem..?

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »

Using D-Pixel to do some mockup graphics has helped me find more bugs and general UI behaviour that needs improving..

+ Desaturated the icon colours
+ Darkened the icon text
+ The fill cursor icon had the pixel graphic for the fill location too high. Now fixed and changed this part of the icon to a mini-crosshair
+ Added a one pixel drop-shadow effect to the mouse cursors. I'm not so keen on adding this, but otherwise the cursors get lost in bright whites
+ Fixed issue where tilemap matching could read off the edge of a bitmap when the last row and column of tiles couldn't fit completely into the bitmap
+ Right mouse button clicking on the effects icon in the main tools panel now switches to default 'Paint' mode. Useful for quick setting back to the most commonest drawing mode
+ Right mouse button clicking on the brush icon in the main tools panel now switches to the tile copy mode. This is used more often than going to the Handle Options sub-panel (which was the old behaviour)
+ Improved colour matching for some paint effects
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2015, 08:36:52 AM »

Some fixes / new stuff:

+ If you are cutting/copying a brush and Snap to Grid is on then the brush handle now defaults to the top-left rather than the centre so as to work properly with the grid snapping.

+ Added a little paint swatch to the top-left of the mouse cursor when using the fill tool that shows the colour under the mouse cursor. This helps you make sure you only fill when over the correct colour.

+ If you select a pre-set brush size and you are in the tile-draw mode then this now gets changed to freehand drawing. Otherwise you would only be able to draw as if snap to grid was on.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »

Just so you know the link in the first post leads to an old, old version.

Very minor bug: when palette lines are turned on the right colour indicator draw a little glitchily.

Somewhat less minor bug (I think): grab in grid options snaps to grid which seems rather counter-intuitive.

Significant bug: when grabbing a brush with the brush mode tile tool the brush handle is not properly position for placing the tile in the grid.

A flipped tile matching option would be nice (been using it a lot lately in Pro Motion) and possibly a rotated tile matching option could be nice (a feature Pro Motion doesn't have).

Still desperately in need of a tile palette.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:10:04 PM by surt » Logged

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

Thanks for that Surt.. I'll have to look at what's happening there.

I haven't uploaded the very latest version yet as I'm still finding some bugs I need to fix.

But you are right, I also haven't updated the very first post. Smiley
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2015, 01:11:37 PM »

Posted edits to last post in case you miss them.

And another bug: when grabbing brush with brush mode tile the grab display rectangle disappears when dragging to grab a block of tiles so it's hard to tell just what you're grabbing.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »

Significant bug: when grabbing a brush with the brush mode tile tool the brush handle is not properly position for placing the tile in the grid.
I've fixed this one in my build. The others I need to look at.

There is still a lot I want to add (including a tile palette). I just don't have much free time with my day job and a one year old daughter to look after as well..  Tired
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: November 01, 2015, 01:53:32 AM »

Ugh.. nasty crashing bug due to the Undo stacks being saved/loaded in DPX files. Need to fix this!!  No No NO
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »

+ Fixed undo stack clearing bug when loading new DPX files which caused nasty crashes
+ Fixed right clicking on user brush didn't switch to the correct image to draw to the canvas
+ Fixed saving of user brushes which somewhere along the line stopped working correctly!
+ Added proper hashing for tile-mapping, much much faster now
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2015, 11:29:45 AM »

+ Fixed issue where palette remapping could sometimes go wrong
+ Added support for triple window mode
+ Started work on adding different kinds of window types so I can add in Tilemap and other view support
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »

I'd be happy enough if the tile palette just replaced the secondary pane whenever using a tile oriented tool.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »

That's a good idea!

(You've changed your avatar :O)
Kasumi
Level 0

NES Homebrewer

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Silly bug report. This crashes on boot if Windows is in 16bit color. (My ancient computer sometimes sets itself this way.)

Here's a log for that.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<font color=ÙSI size=2 face=Verdana>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
D-Pixel<br>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Version : 0.93<br>
Author : Richard Phipps<br>
Compiled : Sep  8 2015, 10:09:52<br>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
 <br>
Desktop size : 1920 x 1080<br>
Screen area : 0, 0 -> 1920, 1052 (1920 x 1052)<br>
Scaling amount : 3<br>
Pixel Format: SDL_PIXELFORMAT_RGB565<br>
 <br>
Loading Keyboard Shortcuts<br>
Loading Font..<br>
Setting up GUI..<br>
Vertical icon spacing : 44.000000 pixels<br>
Loading GUI panel data.<br>
p: 1 - Gui\Panels\Brushes - Extended.txt<br>
p: 2 - Gui\Panels\Brushes.txt<br>
p: 3 - Gui\Panels\palette.txt<br>
p: 4 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Animation.txt<br>
p: 5 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Box.txt<br>
p: 6 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Brush - Extra.txt<br>
p: 7 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Brush.txt<br>
p: 8 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Colour Space Selector.txt<br>
p: 9 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Draw.txt<br>
p: 10 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Effects.txt<br>
p: 11 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Ellipse.txt<br>
p: 12 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Fill.txt<br>
p: 13 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Grid.txt<br>
p: 14 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Image - Resize.txt<br>
p: 15 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Image.txt<br>
p: 16 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Layers.txt<br>
p: 17 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Line.txt<br>
p: 18 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Lock.txt<br>
p: 19 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Mouse Buttons.txt<br>
p: 20 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Palette.txt<br>
p: 21 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Select.txt<br>
p: 22 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Stencil.txt<br>
p: 23 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - System.txt<br>
p: 24 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Text.txt<br>
p: 25 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Undo.txt<br>
p: 26 - Gui\Panels\Tool Options - Zoom.txt<br>
p: 27 - Gui\Panels\Tools.txt<br>
+ Loaded<br>
Can't create px_image<font color=#FF0000> ** Log Code Warning - [  i  ] is Unknown ** </font>.layer<font color=#FF0000> ** Log Code Warning - [  0  ] is Unknown ** </font>.bmp surface!<br>
Can't create px_image<font color=#FF0000> ** Log Code Warning - [  i  ] is Unknown ** </font>.layer<font color=#FF0000> ** Log Code Warning - [  1  ] is Unknown ** </font>.bmp surface!<br>
Image is not created to clear!<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image1.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image2.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image3.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image4.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image5.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image6.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image7.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image8.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image9.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image10.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image11.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image12.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image13.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image14.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image15.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image16.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image17.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image18.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image19.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image20.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image21.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image22.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image23.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image24.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image25.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image26.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image27.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image28.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image29.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image30.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image31.dpx<br>
Can't load file: C:\Users\NULL NULL\Desktop\DPixel_New\D-Pixel - New\\Project\Image32.dpx<br>

When I kick the computer into 32bit mode, it does seem to boot. Would still be cool to have 16bit color fixed, but it's understandable if that's not easy.

If you are planning to add some tile stuff, I'd definitely appreciate some kind of palette support. (i.e. I can have one tile in my tile palette, that can be drawn with different color palettes.) Some old consoles have 256 tiles, but those tiles can be drawn with different palettes. With stuff like Pyxel Edit, you've got to have multiples of the same tile in the set if they're meant to be drawn with different palettes.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:34 AM »

I can't really add support for more than 256 colours easily due to the way the images are worked on internally.

For the 16 bit colour, I really doubt many people will be running in that mode on modern PC's.. so I don't think I'm going to try to support that.

Thanks for trying it out though! Smiley
Kasumi
Level 0

NES Homebrewer

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »

There's not a need for more than 256 colors. The program can already limit the palette to 16/64 colors, which could in theory allow tiles to be recolored in 16 or 4 different ways by "sectioning" the 256 color palette in tile mode.

But it's just a thought, I promise I won't push the issue further.

Thanks for giving my rambles a read. (I'm no longer a TIG baby if I'm understanding right!)

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2015, 11:51:24 AM »

He means subpalettes such as on NES/GBC which take their colours from the global 256 colour palette (or 64 in the case of the NES) allowing you apply per-tile colour seperately from per-tile pixel data.

I know from experience that this is one of the big things anyone who does NES stuff wants in a pixel editor. Should also be useful for other similar attribute/charmode-based systems (C64 Multicolour Bitmap Mode, MSX, ZX, ASCII/PETSCI, etc.).

You can sort of do this bodgily in Pro Motion with formula mode as described here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic