Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:46:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58477 times)
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »

I can't get the same behavior, but I do get the following behaviour with tile palette mode and regular paint mode: http://img.uninhabitant.com/Screenshot_2015-11-26_17-22-29.png a 2x2 tile brush and the first row draws fine but the second row draw with a different palette here the blue one but trying again after restarting was all black.
Also reliably crash just regular painting while tilemap link is on and tile palette mode is off.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2015, 11:39:12 PM »

That's weird.. I wonder if that part of the black area is actually the black within the blue palette range? That would be my first thought.

I'll have to look at this again then, especially with the crashing. Could you PM me an image you get to crash regularly when drawing on?

Thanks!
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 26, 2015, 03:30:47 AM »

Heres a BMP Droop and the DPX from the project directory.

Still no PNG save?

When saving as if you don't manually enter the file extension it fails.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: November 26, 2015, 07:31:53 AM »

Thanks, will try to sort this bug out..

Yep, I know I know, I need to add PNG saving Tongue
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: November 26, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »

Ok, I've fixed the crashing bug that I've found as well as a few other bugs I noticed.

From the picture files I can see that those tiles actually have an 'invalid' black, as that it's not zero on the colour ramp, but colour 13 (of 0-15). All the other tiles seem fine apart from these. So if you draw with the 4 colour remapping on you'll notice the bottom two tiles are mapped to that 4 x black range.

If you turn on the 16 colour tile palette range it all works OK, however on the screenshot you've posted I can see from the palette marker that the cursor is over a black from the blue range. How that got there I'm not sure as it's not in the images you sent, maybe it's from the earlier blue line colour bug?

I can only guess that this blue range value messed up the tile recolouring, but as to quite how I'm not sure as I haven't been able to duplicate it yet!  Concerned

Anyway, I've updated the test zip to fix those bugs I've found and I hope that stops the crashing. But the way it's going another few bugs will appear! Tongue  Corny Laugh
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2015, 01:21:55 AM »

29th November 2015 - D-Pixel version 0.953 released

+ Added palette swatches when over a tile in the tilemap window, or when the mouse cursor is over a tile in the canvas
+ Status bar at the top now shows the tile number the mouse cursor is over in the canvas, as well as the total number of tiles
+ Selecting a tile from the tilemap window now changes the paint mode to the standard paint mode as well
+ Drawing over multiple tiles with one drawing action is now possible, the tiles are individually mapped to the other locations in the image
+ Added optional tile palette on/off button in the tilemap icon bar. This can be set to 2, 4, 8 or 16 colour tile palettes, and when enabled means that the same tile in different palette is not added to the tilepalette, changes to a tile are mapped while keeping the original colours, and full tiles are changed to a new palette if drawn on
+ Fixed error where holding down control for the eyedropper and moving off canvas left the mode enabled when control was released. This also stopped icons being clickable until the mouse cursor was moved back over the canvas
+ Added a little blue tint to some of the grey colours in the user interface
+ Fixed an issue where the fill tool would sometimes not work
+ Made loading and saving DPX images (and as a consequence the workspace images) much quicker
+ Added smoothing to mouse cursor used when typing text in the font tool
+ Made the text cursor flash much faster in the font tool
+ Fixed mouse cursor not turning back to the arrow graphic when off the canvas in the font tool
+ Added help text when using the font tool
+ Integrated the Tixel library into D-Pixel so I can customise for D-Pixel if needed
jamon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 06, 2016, 02:18:16 AM »

@happymonster

Hello to all!

First and first! i want to say that D-Pixel is so GREAT! it remind me on old DeluxePaint.

I'm pixel artis over 20years... and here is my test of D-Pixel ...

http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/100803.htm

I have some sugestions for improving this great tool!
my mail is [email protected]

I's it OSX version in plan?

Regards!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:54:56 AM by jamon » Logged
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: January 06, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »

Hi Jamon,

Thank you for the comments, and that's a great piece of pixel work there!

I've sent you an email Smiley

Richard
jamon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2016, 03:40:14 AM »

Hello @happymonster

Can we have option for chosing grid color. Right now is white?

tnx!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »

The next release will have a brightness slider so you can pick from black-white.
jamon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2016, 07:29:41 AM »

Any news for update...

In section of pixel tools ( PixelJoint )... i' made entry of your progy Wink

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: March 15, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »

I've not done any work for a while. Been busy with acrylic painting, and family.. Smiley
sonder
« Reply #372 on: March 27, 2016, 08:27:08 AM »

Is there a manual or wiki or something on this?

This seems useful but I'm not really comprehending all of the interface and running into several seeming bugs, particularly with unexpectedly clicking hidden / phantom icons in the left pane.  And I can't figure out how to get back a "normal" brush or change brush size.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: April 04, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »

Hiya,

Sorry there isn't a manual or wiki. At the moment I'm in a phase of non-computer related hobbies, so while I'll continue working on this in the future I don't have the time for a while.

Thanks for checking it out though Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic