Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:41:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesJudging the interactive fiction competition 2010 begins!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Judging the interactive fiction competition 2010 begins!  (Read 2152 times)
george
Level 7

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2010, 12:22:43 PM »

hey guys, it's the 16th annual IFComp and you now can play and judge the 25 entries!

Playing and judging goes for about six weeks (until November 16th), and anyone who plays at least five games (on the honor system) can judge. Looks like some cool games this year (I like the one written in Applesoft BASIC especially  Cool).

A lot of people will be writing reviews as the judging goes on, and you can catch many of these at the Planet IF feed (or just post your own here perhaps?).

Download

Play (some) online
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:38:16 AM by george » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »

Your title makes it sound like the competition is still open...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:21:20 PM »

Good point, I've revised the title.

People at the ifwiki also are keeping track of discussion sites here:

http://ifwiki.org/index.php/IF_Comp_2010#Reviews
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »

Ah, IF, something I've wanted to become more involved in for some time now, but I don't even know where to start.

Someone should through together an introductory tutorial to the tools used.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

With the judging over I've been meaning to post the top finishers here, and finally here they are...

First place:

"The Fish of Māui. The Land of the Long Cloud. Aotearoa. An entire continent of untamed wilds, and the last place on Earth where dinosaurs still roam. If only you'd come ashore under better circumstances... "

You name your own dinosaurs in this game. Enough said.

Second place:

"Congratulations, convict 76954! You have been selected for scientific experimentation! You will be matter-transmitted to exotic non-Treaty worlds - where opportunities abound to take in fantastic sights and mingle with colourful locals!".

By TIGer Pacian!

Third place:

"Had you known the bloody history of Corona Labs, you would never have signed up as a test subject. But now, plunged into that history, surrounded by the damned and the dying, you must find the truth. Perhaps you will even survive it."

This review says it best I think: "The style is early David Cronenberg with the gore turned way up: meat and organs and orifices everywhere, pulsating behind everyday objects. It's agreeably revolting.".

Enjoy!  Beer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic