Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:30:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingI remember getting extremely bad critics here, GameVortex gave 89% rating :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: I remember getting extremely bad critics here, GameVortex gave 89% rating :)  (Read 20544 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »

btw what's gamevortex? sounds like another random GAMING SITE that there are a million of nowaday
iffi
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »

No need to antagonize him now...
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

GotY.

Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »

I'm sure that if you offer everyone an apology, nobody would hold grudges and you might be able to become a respected member of the community, but if you're not willing to change then you should just leave.

This feels a little harsh.  I'm not sure I feel comfortable with telling people to just leave the forum.  I mean, if you're not willing to change your input, then you're not likely to get a different output.  But that's no reason to tell people "change or gtfo".

I think the big takeaway is that you will get out of it what you put into it.

If you are looking at the forum as a place to come and collaborate with other developers, participate in conversations, comment on other peoples' games, and ask for feedback on your own, then you will likely get what people consider to be the most helpful feedback they can give you:  Honest opinions on what they think you could do to make the game even better.

If you view the forum as a place to drop by when you have a game that you have already decided is finished and doesn't need changing, and aren't bothering to return the favor of looking at other peoples' things, participating in discussions, or contribute to the community at all, and are just posting because you are looking for attention more than feedback, or are trying to use it as an oblique way to advertise, then people will generally pick up on this, and react unfavorably.

(I think this is part of the reason that people get so annoyed at folks who show up and post games/advertisements for games without even bothering to post in the "introductions" thread.  They see it as an indication that the person isn't interested in being part of the community; they just want the community to do nice things for them with no return.)

Anyway, this is getting long and rambly.  The tl;dr version is:

If you are not looking for constructive criticism, then the feedback forum is probably not the right place to look.  If you honestly think that your game is perfect as-is, then why are you asking for feedback in the first place?  If you are looking for a community to actively participate in, TIGSource is actually full of a lot of interesting characters and pretty great people.

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »

I rate this thread 10 Game Vortexes out of 10 Geocities. Crazy

Locking it now.

Codergames, the worst feedback you've received has been about YOU, not your game. You can't seem to communicate with people in a rational, human way. Your posts are paranoid, delusional, and antagonistic. Listen: You have some variety of personality disorder. Seek help, I'm not kidding.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »

Feedback is a place to give developers feedback on their games. This thread is obnoxious, irritating and right down idiotic. You wanna masturbate your ego? Post in annoucements. You want to get some real comments on your games, good or bad alike, post here. You're not happy with me locking the thread? PM me and we'll talk.

Mister Guert is not amused by this thread. Apoplectic

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic