Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:45:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you smoke?
Poll
Question: Do you smoke tobacco?
No, never - 221 (63.7%)
I used to but I quit - 23 (6.6%)
On occasion, but not every day - 33 (9.5%)
Yes, daily - 25 (7.2%)
Yeah, but I'm trying to quit - 8 (2.3%)
I smoke other stuff, but not cigarettes - 37 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 290

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Do you smoke?  (Read 35265 times)
Conker534
« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2011, 01:11:43 AM »

Fuck. Its not fun being out of weed when you want to do some.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2011, 01:42:02 AM »

heh. i typically have the opposite problem, people constantly ask to smoke me out but i have to turn them down because i have school in the morning.

Conker534
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2011, 02:04:08 AM »

heh. i typically have the opposite problem, people constantly ask to smoke me out but i have to turn them down because i have school in the morning.

Same.. But they ask me at all the bad times. But not at the good times that I can do it. >:
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »

Just bought a dub today.  Gonna get my friends over next Tuesday and hopefully sober up before work the next day. Cool

Kekskiller
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

I never smoked and I will never smoke. My parents smoke a lot and it's one of the reason I developed asthma (alongside with some other things). I'm close to turn into a militant non-smoker due to so many people (especially in cities) just don't get they are molesting more people than they can count. Just visit a railway platform there's definitely a bunch of smokers at the end directed against the wind direction. So everybody inhales this fucking shit and gets sick of it.

I don't have anything against the fact that they smoke, but I have something against that most smokers I know smoke close to their children, never watch out for the wind direction and just don't get why sensitive non-smokers don't whant their clothes to smell like that. Not that the smokers I know don't understand that, they simply can't smell it anymore cause they are used to it. It happens more often today that "visiting" my parents a floor lower results in a set fresh clothes beeing olfactory completely useless afterwards. I hate that thing, but well - it's an addiction anyway. I wish it wouldn't be one, so shit like that wouldn't happen. I'm even starting to develop a completely life cycle to just don't get in the way of any smoker. Too bad there are too much of them. Fucking tobacco industry. One should vaporize that sick plant, all over the world.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »

I agree that it's insensitive to smoke around others.  If I'm around people when I smoke (I usually don't smoke tobacco, but sometimes I have a cigar) I ask whether or not they mind.  If they do, I don't smoke or move.  If they don't, then I smoke.
People should learn to respect other people when they smoke.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »

I get mistaken for a smoker when I wear my leather jacket Cool I've even been told "You should start!" But I have only had weed, and even then only a few times. I just don't end up hanging with the smoking crowd for some reason Shrug

In any case, I don't really have that many problems with secondhand cigarette smoking. Unless you're constantly around smokers(not usually the case in California) it's pretty temporary. Fireplace or bonfire smoke is much more likely to get to me, especially since the hillside I live on at present is in a great location to receive the entire neighborhood's fireplace smoke on colder evenings. There's no getting away from it, and it goes on for hours.

The last South Bay jam was an excellent example of what does affect me, with the whole barrel-burning thingy, compounded with staying up all night, steadily drinking beer, eating too many chips(which tend to induce a lot of inflammation for me - I think it's the corn oil that does it), and it being warm enough for the plants to bloom and disperse various allergens. Similarly to phubans, but without even having cigarettes, I had a strong asthma/hayfever type of condition by the time I got home in the morning. My face got all red and my nose was so dry and irritated that it hurt to touch. Fortunately I was better after sleeping.

slembcke
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »

I am far to cheap to smoke. My vice is cheap junk food / laziness. Tongue

Heh. People often ask if I don't drink when I go out, but I'm just a cheapskate. $5 more for a little drink because it has a tiny bit of alcohol in it? No thanks, I'd rather just get a soda with free refills. :p

Scott - Howling Moon Software Chipmunk Physics Library - A fast and lightweight 2D physics engine.
rtpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »

I agree that it's insensitive to smoke around others.  If I'm around people when I smoke (I usually don't smoke tobacco, but sometimes I have a cigar) I ask whether or not they mind.  If they do, I don't smoke or move.  If they don't, then I smoke.
People should learn to respect other people when they smoke.

Agreed.  In France there's been a public debate over recent laws banning smoking in certain public places, and while most people seem to be against it, I am very much for it. There's nothing I appreciate less than having to walk behind a smoker and thus having all the smoke blow into my face.

It's depressing really. In the schools here, at any recess you'll find a bunch of kids just smoking right outside the school gates(they obviously can't smoke on school grounds, but no one stops them from congregating anyways). I'm not really for nanny states, but it's really a sign of the mass addiction here.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »

Took my first cigar after a year and a half off the stuff. Concerned
angrygeometry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

right now i'm on about 15 - 20 hand rolled cigarettes a day. i am going to cut down though, starting from tomorrow. i've made a SMOKE TRACKER type chart, and each time i have a cigarette i put a large black line on it. the idea is every time i have a cigarette i'll be forced to see the black lines and maybe i'll see sense!

kapilv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy :lol:I think most of people have voted on the wrong option.in this thread smokers are not that much. much less then i expected.

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »

I don't see how it is all that surprising. Out of all the people I know maybe 5% of them smoke.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »

I haven't smoked in at least 2 - 3 - 4 weeks... I can't remember exactly; there was one weekend when I made an exception and smoked two after a week of having quit. Oddly enough, I'm still coughing up yellow and brown shit all the time, and a couple times I even coughed up a little piece of something that was literally pure bright green. I honestly thought it was a piece of broccoli or neon green lint it was so bright.

Anyways, the cravings seem to be behind me but lately my new addiction seems to be coffee WTF But hey, that's pretty damn benign compared to everything else I've ever put in my body. Wizard

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »

I smoked a hookah once? It was pretty neat. I think if you live somewhere where there's a lot of smoking, doing something like that once is a nice idea, since your body remembers it being a good thing and cigarettes smell a little bit less shitty.

I feel like I'd mind less if people smoked better tobacco, as cigars and pipe tobacco have a much more pleasant smell than the cheap shit most people smoke.
Conker534
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »

Anyways, the cravings seem to be behind me but lately my new addiction seems to be coffee WTF But hey, that's pretty damn benign compared to everything else I've ever put in my body. Wizard
Thats a lot better than cigs! ^_^
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:12:58 PM by Conker » Logged
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »

pixhead
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »

I used to smoke A LOT of pot but I cut back and im getting ready to quit after march break
Conker534
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »

I could never quit pot. Its yummy. But I barely do it, like 2 times a month. XD
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »

On the poll, why is there not a "Too young to smoke" option?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic