Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:14:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you smoke?
Poll
Question: Do you smoke tobacco?
No, never - 221 (63.7%)
I used to but I quit - 23 (6.6%)
On occasion, but not every day - 33 (9.5%)
Yes, daily - 25 (7.2%)
Yeah, but I'm trying to quit - 8 (2.3%)
I smoke other stuff, but not cigarettes - 37 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 290

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: Do you smoke?  (Read 35635 times)
Linx
Level 0

I like Cookies

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »

There is shame, however, in saying that something is bad just because you were told it was bad, but you never bothered to find out first hand.
There is a difference between being told it was bad, and having seen the negative effects though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »

I simply don't feel like taking drugs at the moment and never have. That could change in the future. I'm not ideologically opposed to them or whatever. But I think to maximize your happiness in life, it's important to do things out of inner motivation rather than outside pressure. Or that's how it works for me anyway.
PowRTocH
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »

You aren't a film noir detective, you don't look cool when you smoke.
Bandages
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »

Actually I am a film noir detective.

This is awkward  Noir
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »

I've been smoking water pipe for the last few weeks, with liquorice, peppermint and coffee flavors. I really like it. I hate regular cigarettes though, can't stand the taste and I'm always drunk when I'm stupid enough to try them, so I usually end up vomiting every time I smoke one Cool
PowRTocH
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

Champagne is surprisingly good. Grape or cherry is probably my favourite though.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »

fucking 4/20. why can't people just get high at home or in the back of the school. i don't want to smell your fucking "skunk weed" when i have to take a piss in between classes. Facepalm
PowRTocH
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »

Does your school have outhouses or what?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »

Substances need to be rigoriously test to have no adverse affects before people try them. Such is the biochemical study called medicine.
If you are referring to cannabis, a simple google search will link to numerous sources, both legitimate and not, which will inform you that no one has died from smoking it, ever.
This is a misleading statement. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen to you.

PowRTocH
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »

Substances need to be rigoriously test to have no adverse affects before people try them. Such is the biochemical study called medicine.
If you are referring to cannabis, a simple google search will link to numerous sources, both legitimate and not, which will inform you that no one has died from smoking it, ever.
This is a misleading statement. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen to you.

I feel like this is fairly relevant: http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6483912/honest-anti-marijuana-psas
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »

This is a misleading statement. Death is the only bad thing that can happen to you. Everything else is acceptable.
im9today
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »

jafar told me there are fates far worse than death and he sounded pretty sure
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

Never smoked. Don't ever plan to. I don't see the point in getting into it, and it sounds way too hard to stop once you start.

I can't say I agree with that way of thinking.

It reminds me a lot of "straight-edge" people who have become straight-edge without ever trying drugs or alchohol. To me that is the same as being a fundamental religious person - you are making claims and judgements based on faith, or just joining a team to be cool.

I think its important to try things and then decide if they are right for you or not. I've personally tried a few different drugs and they were all interesting experiences, but nothing was really amazing enough to get me to want to spend a significant part of my life pursuing. I get much more of a charge creating things. I still think it's important to try these things though just to give you a different perspective on life, even if it's very temporary. Often times it makes you realize how beautiful the mundane can be.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just realized you were talking about cigaretts. I thought this about weed. But yeah, cigarettes are fucking dumb.

I'm replying to a super old post here, but yeah ...

I completely agree with where you're coming from in terms of things such as weed or alcohol. However, in terms of cigarettes, there's really no benefit or .. anything to them at all, and they're addictive and expensive, which is why I never intend to try it. And I'm not deciding that purely because I've been told not to, but because I look at the pros and cons beforehand and decide whether or not it's worth even trying. In my opinion, this is definitely not similar to that fundamentalist religious person who just make claims based on faith (I can't stand those types of people either) Smiley

I use the same reasoning with more .. "hardcore" drugs as well, where I can't see the advantages outweighing all the side effects and negativities of using them. I'm not being all uptight and saying this out of blind assumptions, but rather because I've seen what it does to people, and I understand the risks, and choose not to take those risks.

I realize you're not talking about cigarettes anymore, but I just wanted to reply to that to get my full opinion across.

PaleFox
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2011, 02:04:24 AM »

People should be allowed to do whatever they want to their own bodies, whether it's harmful or not. Who the fuck are you to say otherwise?
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2011, 06:53:10 AM »

Living in Japan has made me appreciate the Australian government's approach to smokers: fuck them. Persecute the shit out of them and raise a whole heap of tax revenue in the process, while banning them from smoking anywhere where normal people have to deal with their shittiness. Smokers should be a political punching bag everywhere - it does wonders for how enjoyable going out places is.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »

People should be allowed to do whatever they want to their own bodies, whether it's harmful or not. Who the fuck are you to say otherwise?
we've probably gone over this discussion 100 times in this ancient thread, but passive smoking, bro.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2011, 09:51:57 AM »

I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes when i'm really drunk and in parties. After that, i'm just another passive smoker (someone who smell the steam of other cigarettes). That because almost all my family smoke Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:40:52 AM by Shackhal » Logged

ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »

I enjoy a cigar or a pipe now and then but certainly have no appetite for cigarettes. As with reasonable alcohol consumption, smoking can open up a social situation and build up relationships in surprising ways. I enjoy a thing finely crafted/brewed/executed.   Beer!

trq
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »

I've started smoking at 23 Smiley Just had heavy depression. Have not plan to quit in nearest fututre.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »

Funny to see this thread back again o_O I'm on day 4 or 5 of quitting, and it hasn't been easy, but I plan on sticking with it. This will be the 5th or 6th time I've quit since I started smoking again about 2 years ago. The longest I've made it so far was 3 months and then I decided to start smoking again "just for the hell of it" but after a month you're pretty much done.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic