Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:42:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThings that Suck
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 178
Print
Author Topic: Things that Suck  (Read 338717 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »

Dr who,
what a waste of time Facepalm

Eh, it's very hit-or-miss.
QFT
Tom Baker era is awesome
New stuff is meh

Think happy thoughts.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3201 on: January 01, 2013, 01:34:32 AM »

Tom Baker era is awesome
New stuff is meh

Hmm, wasn't even aware there was an old Doctor Who...

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 01, 2013, 01:35:22 AM »

Tom Baker era is awesome
New stuff is meh

Hmm, wasn't even aware there was an old Doctor Who...

Only when regenerations go wrong  Cheesy
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 01, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »

Girl I was seeing was secretly married.
Got accused of decapitating a stuffed bunny and lost my job at work (Only to later find out through much detective work it was committed by a disgruntled cashier.)
Friend screwing me over on rent.
New job surrounded by vapid assholes that talk of nothing but reality television programs for their entire goddamned shifts.
The old year.
The new year.

ink.inc
« Reply #3204 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

being smithy is suffering :(
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3205 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »

accidentally shipping something to the wrong location.
I shipped a drum machine to my dorm and not my house, and I'm on break until the 20th.
*sigh* just kinda want to... blow up the ocean.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3206 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »

accidentally shipping something to the wrong location.
I shipped a drum machine to my dorm and not my house, and I'm on break until the 20th.
*sigh* just kinda want to... blow up the ocean.

That sucks, I did something kind of like that once but I sent it to my neighbors house, luckily it worked out.

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3207 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »

Girl I was seeing was secretly married.
Got accused of decapitating a stuffed bunny and lost my job at work (Only to later find out through much detective work it was committed by a disgruntled cashier.)
Friend screwing me over on rent.
New job surrounded by vapid assholes that talk of nothing but reality television programs for their entire goddamned shifts.
The old year.
The new year.

god damn you're a one depressing asshole

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3208 on: May 04, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

Some fuckface decided it would be a good idea to light up in a mosh pit last night and burnt a hole in my shirt with his lighter. Outraged

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 04, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »

Did you kill him?

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3210 on: May 04, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

Yes, his body is in my trunk waiting to be buried.

But seriously he got kicked out by security and my shirt only cost ~$7 so whatever.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3211 on: May 05, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »

Some fuckface decided it would be a good idea to light up in a mosh pit last night and burnt a hole in my shirt with his lighter. Outraged

Bet ur pulling all the chicks  Cool

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: May 05, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »

Payin' thirty grand in money you don't have for a four year degree from a public university only to possibly maybe get an unpaid internship(s) someday that'll last the next ten years of your life, all because prevailing dogma says it'll open doors for you!

Fuck this, I'm just going to stay a clerk.

Blambo
« Reply #3213 on: May 05, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

Payin' thirty grand in money you don't have for a four year degree from a public university only to possibly maybe get an unpaid internship(s) someday that'll last the next ten years of your life, all because prevailing dogma says it'll open doors for you!

Fuck this, I'm just going to stay a clerk.

一分耕耘,一分收穫
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: May 05, 2013, 07:06:02 PM »

WIKIPEDIA TRANSLATION!: For each part sown, one part is reaped.

True, but the one working isn't always the one reaping. I'll just leave it at that.  Gentleman

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: May 05, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »

Some say risk nothing, try only for the sure thing,
Others say nothing gambled nothing gained,
Go all out for your dream.
Life can be lived either way, but for me,
I'd rather try and fail, than never try at all, you see.

Some say "Don't ever fall in love,
Play the game of life wide open,
Burn your candle at both ends."
But I say "No! It's better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all, my friend."

When many moons have gone by,
And you are alone with your dreams of yesteryear,
All your memories will bring you cheer.
You'll be satisfied, succeed or fail, win or lose,
Knowing the right path you did choose.

-P. Diddy

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Blambo
« Reply #3216 on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:45 AM »

WIKIPEDIA TRANSLATION!: For each part sown, one part is reaped.

True, but the one working isn't always the one reaping. I'll just leave it at that.  Gentleman

Living the yeoman life in modern oligarchical capitalist society which places emphasis on dehumanizing short term efficiency is near impossible, lest you start your own business.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:45 AM »

And that sucks.

They say you gotta start a business. (Or marry into owning a business. That's how my store owner got his start. Married the daughter of a successful grocery chain owner, and was gifted his own independent store. Seems like the way to go!)

They say the owners take all the risk, these owners. Isn't that something? What risk? Sure, the folks that started the thing took a financial investment (with is usually old family money they inherited.) But long do they get to keep milking that justification? Permanently? That makes no sense. If the place fails, I lose, he keeps a horde of cash. Hate the guy. Hate him and his leave it to beaver haircut and his conservative sensibilities and the christian rock he has playing over the speakers at all times. I sow, he reaps. They pay you just enough to keep you indentured. I work a machine that isn't meant for humans. A juice machine. The fruit goes in a slot at the top. If you're tall enough to reach this slot, you are too tall to reach the nozzle without stooping. There's something symbolic about that. My posture is bad now, and my spine feels it's made of toothpicks. But rich folks need their fresh squeezed orange juice, and I have to smile at them. People still say hard work leads to success. I don't know how that happens. It's horse shit, and the further down you go, the harder people are working, and the more transparent it is to see that it's horse shit. Try tellin a kid in a sweat shop makin shoes that he'll be the ceo of nike if he just keeps making quota. See how well it goes over. That's the world. It's all bullshit and it's all bad for you.

H'yuck
h'yuck
h'yuck.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

late capitalism is best capitalism  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left
Blambo
« Reply #3219 on: May 07, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

And that sucks.

They say you gotta start a business. (Or marry into owning a business. That's how my store owner got his start. Married the daughter of a successful grocery chain owner, and was gifted his own independent store. Seems like the way to go!)

They say the owners take all the risk, these owners. Isn't that something? What risk? Sure, the folks that started the thing took a financial investment (with is usually old family money they inherited.) But long do they get to keep milking that justification? Permanently? That makes no sense. If the place fails, I lose, he keeps a horde of cash. Hate the guy. Hate him and his leave it to beaver haircut and his conservative sensibilities and the christian rock he has playing over the speakers at all times. I sow, he reaps. They pay you just enough to keep you indentured. I work a machine that isn't meant for humans. A juice machine. The fruit goes in a slot at the top. If you're tall enough to reach this slot, you are too tall to reach the nozzle without stooping. There's something symbolic about that. My posture is bad now, and my spine feels it's made of toothpicks. But rich folks need their fresh squeezed orange juice, and I have to smile at them. People still say hard work leads to success. I don't know how that happens. It's horse shit, and the further down you go, the harder people are working, and the more transparent it is to see that it's horse shit. Try tellin a kid in a sweat shop makin shoes that he'll be the ceo of nike if he just keeps making quota. See how well it goes over. That's the world. It's all bullshit and it's all bad for you.

H'yuck
h'yuck
h'yuck.

Bourgeoisie shmoureoisie. Stick it to them.

You can't plan to work for someone else your whole life, right? The laborer and the serviceman are fucked in a nation where we leave it to a few misers to decide the fate of thousands of people's livelihoods. The only out is to be someone who is paid well to perform a skilled craft, where supply and demand apply. Even then you're under the thumb of a fat cat. At least then you have enough knowledge to maybe enter the industry as a freelancer or climb the ranks to management-artisan where you live with the guilt of being the head of an abusive technocracy.

The only out is moar educations and high paying skilled jobs for you to be secure enough to fund your own venture.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 178
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic