Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:57:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThings that Suck
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 178
Print
Author Topic: Things that Suck  (Read 338620 times)
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3260 on: May 17, 2013, 10:56:25 AM »

Working on the best web design idea in the entire universe

Having a good time designing it on Photoshop

Clicks on "Text" icon in toolbox

Photoshop randomly opens four "Help" pages in the browser

Photoshop says something like "Could not open Online Help" IIRC

I think "What the fuck..." and clicks the text button again

Photoshop crashes

WTF
siskavard
« Reply #3261 on: May 17, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

that sucks
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3262 on: May 17, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

that sucks

Yeah, luckily most of my webdesign comes straight from paper sketches to HTML/CSS. I only used Photoshop to quickly see how it looks in practice.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

that sucks

Yeah, luckily most of my webdesign comes straight from paper sketches to HTML/CSS. I only used Photoshop to quickly see how it looks in practice.

I never understood how sites generally went from *.PSD directly to *.HTML/*.CSS. Paper-to-code is practically foolproof, albeit with the occasional testing and <div> fixing.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3264 on: May 17, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »

that sucks

I never understood how sites generally went from *.PSD directly to *.HTML/*.CSS. Paper-to-code is practically foolproof, albeit with the occasional testing and <div> fixing.

I've only tried some PSD -> HTML/CSS once and I didn't really like the outcome. However, Photoshop is a pretty nice tool if you just want to find the right look/style without coding it all first, especially as many of the layer-styles can easily be transferred to CSS3 (border radius, drop shadow, gradient, etc.).
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: May 17, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »

that sucks

I've only tried some PSD -> HTML/CSS once and I didn't really like the outcome. However, Photoshop is a pretty nice tool if you just want to find the right look/style without coding it all first, especially as many of the layer-styles can easily be transferred to CSS3 (border radius, drop shadow, gradient, etc.).

Wish the GIMP had layer properties like Photoshop did. It especially would help with following tutorials.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3266 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »

that sucks

Wish the GIMP had layer properties like Photoshop did. It especially would help with following tutorials.

GIMP doesn't have layer styles? I've never used GIMP more than 5 minutes, as I found it really hard merging my over 5 years of Photoshop experience onto GIMP, but it sounds like pure hell not having layer properties IMO.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: May 18, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »

that sucks

GIMP doesn't have layer styles? I've never used GIMP more than 5 minutes, as I found it really hard merging my over 5 years of Photoshop experience onto GIMP, but it sounds like pure hell not having layer properties IMO.

Only attributes a layer really gets besides creating one which decides the layer fill, layer size, and layer name. "Styles" seem to just be done with filters. You probably get used to it after working with it a lot and some filters seem to add whatever it needs to different layers. Photoshop's slow, but its attributes system is unmatched. If the GIMP had it, it would be the greatest thing added since the tools window, the canvas window, and the layers window all merging into one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:15:53 AM by Player Ʒ » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: May 18, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »

No soft have layer style beside photoshop.

siskavard
« Reply #3269 on: May 18, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

that tru
Blambo
« Reply #3270 on: May 18, 2013, 12:59:16 PM »

need dat default drop shadow 4 kool effekt
siskavard
« Reply #3271 on: May 18, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

comic sans plz
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3272 on: May 25, 2013, 03:39:27 AM »

It's almost summer.
The sun is shining,
the birds are singing,
it's just perfeARGH FUCKING FLIES
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: May 25, 2013, 06:06:29 AM »

It's almost summer.
The sun is shining,
the birds are singing,
it's just perfeARGH FUCKING FLIES

Then there's each and every insect, the heat, etc. Winter's better than this torture.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3274 on: May 25, 2013, 06:19:25 AM »

Winter's better than this torture.

That's what I'm always trying to tell my friends and family, but they all disagree with me. Tired
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3275 on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »

Having the most intense conversation with dad over a t-shirt sitting on a pile of clothes to be donated. Did I put those shirts there? I don't know, probably, but they're just plain white shirts, how would I know? Who cares whose shirts those are? Why are you so angry about those shirts? Why are you throwing them across the hall and dropping an F-Bomb?

God my family is high-strung. I need to get out of here.
siskavard
« Reply #3276 on: May 26, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

LEAVE ME ALONE DAD!

*SLAM*

*MUFFLED SOBBING*
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: May 26, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »

dont be a jerk, these are genuine problems, real or perceived, to these people!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: May 26, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

Then there's each and every insect
oh wow, insects, sounds really horrible. i feel 4u bro i rly do  Concerned
Ashkin
« Reply #3279 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »

LEAVE ME ALONE DAD!

*SLAM*

*MUFFLED SOBBING*
no
Having the most intense conversation with dad over a t-shirt sitting on a pile of clothes to be donated. Did I put those shirts there? I don't know, probably, but they're just plain white shirts, how would I know? Who cares whose shirts those are? Why are you so angry about those shirts? Why are you throwing them across the hall and dropping an F-Bomb?

God my family is high-strung. I need to get out of here.
That sucks, man. Some people need to chill out, I'm sorry that those people have to be your family.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 178
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic