Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026852 Posts in 41177 Topics- by 32784 Members - Latest Member: bmbtimber

July 25, 2014, 11:05:57 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThings that Suck
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 239
Print
Author Topic: Things that Suck  (Read 214765 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: May 05, 2013, 07:06:02 PM »

WIKIPEDIA TRANSLATION!: For each part sown, one part is reaped.

True, but the one working isn't always the one reaping. I'll just leave it at that.  Gentleman

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 05, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »

Some say risk nothing, try only for the sure thing,
Others say nothing gambled nothing gained,
Go all out for your dream.
Life can be lived either way, but for me,
I'd rather try and fail, than never try at all, you see.

Some say "Don't ever fall in love,
Play the game of life wide open,
Burn your candle at both ends."
But I say "No! It's better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all, my friend."

When many moons have gone by,
And you are alone with your dreams of yesteryear,
All your memories will bring you cheer.
You'll be satisfied, succeed or fail, win or lose,
Knowing the right path you did choose.

-P. Diddy

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
BLAMBO
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #3242 on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:45 AM »

WIKIPEDIA TRANSLATION!: For each part sown, one part is reaped.

True, but the one working isn't always the one reaping. I'll just leave it at that.  Gentleman

Living the yeoman life in modern oligarchical capitalist society which places emphasis on dehumanizing short term efficiency is near impossible, lest you start your own business.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:45 AM »

And that sucks.

They say you gotta start a business. (Or marry into owning a business. That's how my store owner got his start. Married the daughter of a successful grocery chain owner, and was gifted his own independent store. Seems like the way to go!)

They say the owners take all the risk, these owners. Isn't that something? What risk? Sure, the folks that started the thing took a financial investment (with is usually old family money they inherited.) But long do they get to keep milking that justification? Permanently? That makes no sense. If the place fails, I lose, he keeps a horde of cash. Hate the guy. Hate him and his leave it to beaver haircut and his conservative sensibilities and the christian rock he has playing over the speakers at all times. I sow, he reaps. They pay you just enough to keep you indentured. I work a machine that isn't meant for humans. A juice machine. The fruit goes in a slot at the top. If you're tall enough to reach this slot, you are too tall to reach the nozzle without stooping. There's something symbolic about that. My posture is bad now, and my spine feels it's made of toothpicks. But rich folks need their fresh squeezed orange juice, and I have to smile at them. People still say hard work leads to success. I don't know how that happens. It's horse shit, and the further down you go, the harder people are working, and the more transparent it is to see that it's horse shit. Try tellin a kid in a sweat shop makin shoes that he'll be the ceo of nike if he just keeps making quota. See how well it goes over. That's the world. It's all bullshit and it's all bad for you.

H'yuck
h'yuck
h'yuck.

C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

late capitalism is best capitalism  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left

BLAMBO
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #3245 on: May 07, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

And that sucks.

They say you gotta start a business. (Or marry into owning a business. That's how my store owner got his start. Married the daughter of a successful grocery chain owner, and was gifted his own independent store. Seems like the way to go!)

They say the owners take all the risk, these owners. Isn't that something? What risk? Sure, the folks that started the thing took a financial investment (with is usually old family money they inherited.) But long do they get to keep milking that justification? Permanently? That makes no sense. If the place fails, I lose, he keeps a horde of cash. Hate the guy. Hate him and his leave it to beaver haircut and his conservative sensibilities and the christian rock he has playing over the speakers at all times. I sow, he reaps. They pay you just enough to keep you indentured. I work a machine that isn't meant for humans. A juice machine. The fruit goes in a slot at the top. If you're tall enough to reach this slot, you are too tall to reach the nozzle without stooping. There's something symbolic about that. My posture is bad now, and my spine feels it's made of toothpicks. But rich folks need their fresh squeezed orange juice, and I have to smile at them. People still say hard work leads to success. I don't know how that happens. It's horse shit, and the further down you go, the harder people are working, and the more transparent it is to see that it's horse shit. Try tellin a kid in a sweat shop makin shoes that he'll be the ceo of nike if he just keeps making quota. See how well it goes over. That's the world. It's all bullshit and it's all bad for you.

H'yuck
h'yuck
h'yuck.

Bourgeoisie shmoureoisie. Stick it to them.

You can't plan to work for someone else your whole life, right? The laborer and the serviceman are fucked in a nation where we leave it to a few misers to decide the fate of thousands of people's livelihoods. The only out is to be someone who is paid well to perform a skilled craft, where supply and demand apply. Even then you're under the thumb of a fat cat. At least then you have enough knowledge to maybe enter the industry as a freelancer or climb the ranks to management-artisan where you live with the guilt of being the head of an abusive technocracy.

The only out is moar educations and high paying skilled jobs for you to be secure enough to fund your own venture.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

Caus' Why Not ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #3246 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »

Google Translation
All people that posted in this one !

Polar bears are fun ! * Mah Blog *
Catguy
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 08, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »

Smith, that DOES suck, but: you're a doofus. If you have the grades and the money to even BORROW for school, you're in that privileged class of people who makes you slave over the juicer for them. Grab the reigns and go to school. I know it's stressful and depressing and exhausting (believe me,) but poor people have it even worse -- they're trapped where you are, and don't have a way out. You'll only end up that way if you trap yourself.

And since you're on this forum: You probably have interests that line up with very high paying, very high skill careers. Go to school for computer science or something! Use your education to make games, and maybe also make a 60k a year desk job if you need one of those.

-------------------------------
@Joseph_Catkilo
You can hire me!
Schoq
Level 10

Imperial stronghold, midwinter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3248 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »

if you have time to waste complaining on the internet you're basically part of the modern day nobility, albeit lower nobility
not saying it's not shitty to be working class in a rich country as well and the capital shouldn't be smashed but consider people further down the chain of oppression
you wouldn't wanna be an african miner or work in a chinese factory

oh wow that was useless

life is dumb

make games, not money
rosholger
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3249 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »

sure no one wants to be a african miner but just because your not is not a reason to stop fighting towards a better future.
you should never be happy just because it could be worse as long as it could be better and even if it couldn't be better for you you should never stop fighting before everyone have it as good as they can.
you should never give up just because "life is unfair" always fight, always be a pain in the ass on those who oppress you and if you can, make your voice heard.
Player Ʒ
Level 10

Flagrant Errors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3250 on: May 08, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »

sure no one wants to be a african miner but just because your not is not a reason to stop fighting towards a better future.
you should never be happy just because it could be worse as long as it could be better and even if it couldn't be better for you you should never stop fighting before everyone have it as good as they can.
you should never give up just because "life is unfair" always fight, always be a pain in the ass on those who oppress you and if you can, make your voice heard.

And this is where the riot control comes in. I said get back, citizen scum.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:14:48 PM by Player Ʒ » Logged

peanutbuttershoes
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3251 on: May 08, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »

2 kool 4 skool
skool is dum. dum dum dum dum.
i never went. and boy howdy. look at me now.

i think whether you go to school or not, the key is to maintain focus and keep your chin up.
even if you have to fake the chin-up part for a while.

also, be nice to people and try to make friends. even if you're not really an outgoing person.

wat a hell

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3252 on: May 09, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »

Build a game. Sell it. Become rich. Get a better life.

Do I need a signature?
BLAMBO
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #3253 on: May 09, 2013, 03:17:18 AM »

Dr. Cooldude
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: May 09, 2013, 03:22:54 AM »

I would wish it was that easy...

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:58:33 PM by Dr. Cooldude » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 239
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic