Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:45:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStarseed Pilgrim
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Starseed Pilgrim  (Read 34516 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »

ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooohh
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »

Hello. I figured I should really, really finish Starseed Pilgrim and then I realized I'm not sure what there is left o:

I am going to get to the spit-shining. There will be a tutorial and a menu and stuff where there were not before. Okay? Okay.

Patience! D:

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »

Okay!
The Hug
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 01:41:52 PM »

Just saw this for the first time. Am feeling lucky for having not had to sit through the months this has been going on, because this looks awesome in a way that makes me queasy.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2011, 06:20:25 AM »

good morning, new font
when can we be best friends?

New font object in; tutorial/intro level complete; inserting transition effects (super simple ones, probably) and text in a few other places -- both for guidance and for story (setting).

Also: things will probably change.

Things have changed.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:36:05 PM by Droqen » Logged

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »

good morning, Starseed Pilgrim.

Things have changed even more.

It was two+ years ago that the first prototype of what would become Starseed Pilgrim was born into this world and, over two years of mutating stagnation later, the final version of Starseed Pilgrim would be completed and released.

Sorry for bringing back this thread from the dead, but I really wanted to thank everyone here and apologize for taking so long and letting these people know that finally this weird thing they saw only from afar is out!!! wow holy shit! crazy, right?

Oh, fuck, and Starseed Pilgrim is an IGF 2013 finalist: Excellence in Design. Also honorably mentioned for the Nuovo award and the grand fucking prize! Anyway, anyone who posted in this thread previous to now (i.e. over a year and a half ago holy shit) is, in my eyes, entitled to a free copy of SP. Just send me a message here or email me or something!

Thanks for supporting my ridiculous devlog (:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:29:19 PM by Droqen » Logged

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »

Awesome, congrats mang!

This actually reminded me that I have money, and I should give it to you. There goes my morning.

Diggidy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »

Heyo, new member here.

Bought the game, loved it.  Musical elements tied to gameplay always make me smile.

Spoilers:
Just wanted to know, am I done?  Opened all the triple-locks on all the sky-lands I could find, and collected all of the *what I'm guessing are starseeds*.

The extra lines of poetry are lovely, but there's no indication I've completed the game.  Am I missing something?  Are there perhaps more islands I've missed?  I built in one direction until I returned to the original island, but I suppose there could be more hiding out there.

In any case, well worth the cash, keep up the great work.

EDIT:  My bad, should have thought about what I was saying from the perspective of new players.  NEW PLAYERS, BUY THE GAME BUT DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE SPOILER TEXT IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE THE GAME OUT YOURSELF.

EDIT 2:  Yup, game update email went straight into my spam folder.  Other game owners may want to check theirs.

EDIT 3:  Last edit I promise.  I guess with this new version I won't be able to use my old save file?  I know it's happened with earlier builds, just want to be sure before I get down to business re-beating this thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:35:31 PM by Diggidy » Logged
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 07:02:51 AM »

Spoilers D: please white out text aaa

Diggidy, what's your name / email / order number? I put out an update recently but I can't guarantee it got to everyone (sending an email bcc'd to a hundred or more people from a gmail account is bound to get caught by spam filters u_u)

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »

I put out an update recently but I can't guarantee it got to everyone (sending an email bcc'd to a hundred or more people from a gmail account is bound to get caught by spam filters u_u)
How recently? What about Super Shock Bundle people?

(I didn't read his post since the top of yours mentioned spoilers, but I'm assuming it's relatively important...)

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2013, 08:30:43 PM »

Sending out a new (hopefully final!) update soon to everyone - Super Shock Bundle too, I should think.

Diggidy, as long as you overwrite the old file (i.e. put a file w/ the same name in the same place) your saves will carry over! :3

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »

Sending out a new (hopefully final!) update soon to everyone - Super Shock Bundle too, I should think.
Alright, cool. The download links expired late last month so hopefully there's still a way to get the update out.

Diggidy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2013, 02:55:56 PM »

Still not sure if I'm missing out on some end-game after installing the latest version.

Spoilers:

Before I installed the final(?) version the light below the first level refused to appear.  Now it has, but there's no change in the overworld that I'm able to notice.  Is the game finished once all lights are lit, or is there some secret I'm missing?
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »

Still not sure if I'm missing out on some end-game after installing the latest version.

Spoilers:

One light is now unlit.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »

Two links relevant to all ye who Starseed.

Hand PencilWizard

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »

It's on Humble Bundle ATM for anyone who doesn't know.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »

Something in this screams 'Minus World.' I'm smelling an objective completely unrelated to players' perception of the game.

I'm glad to finally see this catching on.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic