Two Open Artist Slots
Artist slots are coming and going fast, keep your eyes open for possible drop-outs
THEME: Unconventional sci-fi and/or Tiny Worlds
10 JR Hill
17 Chest Rockwell
03 John Nesky
05 Nate Kling
07 Landshark SSSSSSSSSS
12 John Sandoval
The poll is closed. We'll begin in a few hours.What's a Comicompo?
A comicompo is a community comic. In the previous comicompos
, each artist drew a page based on only the previous page. This time, we're trying something different.Different how?
We have two teams, a writing and an artwork team. Each member of the teams will be working on one page, but unlike the comicompos before, they'll be able to see everything that has been done before them. This time we're going for less chaos, more story.So how do I sign up?
Signups are CLOSED
Which means you can write that you want to contribute in bold red. You also have to write down which team you wish to sign up for, also in bold. You can not join both teams.I signed up, now what?
You check this thread often to see what's up, whose turn it is to write/draw. Make sure you don't miss your turn. The order of the comic will not
be based on the order of the sign ups, so you'd better pay attention to it once it's announced. When your turn comes, you will be getting a private message
from me on this forum, containing the material. When you finish, you send your page back and we continue like that.What are the rules?
- You have 5 days to finish your page.
- You can pass your turn once. However, if you wish to do so, please do it as soon as your turn comes. Passing your turn will change your place in the queue.
- If you miss your 5 day time and do not respond to PMs, you are canned. If you've passed once and will not be able to finish in time in your second time, you are canned.
- Finish your page. No incomplete pages at the deadline.
- You will write for one page. That means 10 panels max.
And some tips:
- Your image must be at least 612px x 792px in size, maintaining an 8.5 x 11 aspect ratio.
- Keep in mind your abilities. Don't bite more than you can chew. If you're planning a full 5 day drawing binge for your page; you're going for an overkill.
- For writers; don't go too deep. Keep things loose. Simpler the better. We only have 18 pages, we do not need a cast of 50 people with 20 subplots. Too many details will also suffocate both the other writers and the artist drawing your page.
- For writers again: If you've never read or written a comic book script, try this website for some sample scripts.
- For artists: While no one will care all that much about how you draw, try to at least keep the characters from the previous pages recognizable for the sake of the readers.
- Again for artists: If you don't have a scanner, you probably should go digital.
Comicompo Four will be our first attempt at a continuous story. Since I don't really know how well it'll go, we'll be keeping it small. 15 pages is large enough for a small sized story. The theme will be announced once the poll is closed. If you'll keep up with the theme or just wing it and have a different story is completely up to the writers. The theme is just there to give the initial idea.That's all.
All updates will be edited into this post, so stay tuned.