Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:46:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessFavourite indie game trailers?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Favourite indie game trailers?  (Read 4955 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

The VVVVVV trailer is very simple as far as trailers go, it just shows the gameplay idea and a bunch of rooms, but the very good music really sells it, and it has a good rhythm in the scenes.

The Iji trailer I thought started very well. Again, the music sold it, and the credits sequence though it felt a bit long piqued my interest immediately. I think the trailer sort of lost some steam when the gameplay sequences started, it was pretty generic at this point and wasnt frantic enough to sell these sequences as exciting. The gameplay sequences shown kind of drag on and pause, it feels like the trailer is twice as long as it should be!

the 4fourths trailer is amazing. Very well made, memorable, rhythmic, even with a little surprise of the page changing color schemes at one point in the trailer, like the video is taking over your browser.

Well made, elaborate video trailers like the awesome 90s style super meat boy commercial are obviously instant winners. Quirky and funny, you feel like showing them off to friends when you see them, which opens possibilities for VIRALNESS etc. Those are usually out of reach for most of us though!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:31:41 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »

I think the touchstars promo(or trailer) is great and funny:

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »

I'm guy #2 in the 4fourths trailer.  :3

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 06:57:53 AM »

Well made, elaborate video trailers like the awesome 90s style super meat boy commercial are obviously instant winners. Quirky and funny, you feel like showing them off to friends when you see them, which opens possibilities for VIRALNESS etc. Those are usually out of reach for most of us though!
You make a good point about viralness, but I wonder if this kind of trailer is a bit of a trap. They're fun to make and seem as though they spread the word effectively, but I often find they don't interest me in the game.

The trailers which actually persuade me to take a look at the game they're trailing seem like they're going a better job to me. A good example which springs to mind is the

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:14 AM »

I like that World of Goo trailer. It's particularly clever in that they use the speed and cuts to get across a sense of dynamism. One of the problems with filming Greedy Bankers for a trailer is that the board is largely static. I wonder if I could take a leaf from their book... Smiley

Regarding the Super Meat Boy trailer, I think there were already a couple of trailers out showing the gameplay. I think that one wasn't intended to introduce the game to new players, but to get existing fans pumped ready for the release (which came soon after the trailer iirc). And in that respect I think it was pretty successful.

I made this

, but it's only really had ~200 views, which is pretty low. An example of one of these trailers that was fun to do but perhaps doesn't have the intended impact. Maybe somebody has some suggestions?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »

any new indie game trailers live up to this old set? this was last posted in about four years ago, perhaps there have been some new indie game trailers since then that were notable?

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 03:40:52 AM »

have you seen WvS trailer? I think we did a really good job and I'd like to hear some opinions

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 10:50:23 PM »

DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »

I gotta go with To the Moon's trailer:

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »

i've been creating a list of my favorite indie game trailers btw, will post it here after i finish it up

have you seen WvS trailer? I think we did a really good job and I'd like to hear some opinions

my opinion is that it's bad taste to ask people what they think of your trailer in a 'what are your favorite indie game trailers?' thread haha

the battleblock theater trailer sort of assumes the player has played it on xbox, which isn't really true for me even though i own an xbox and a bunch of xbla games, so i think it sorta falls flat to me

the to the moon trailer is one of my favorites though! i forgot about it, will add it to the list

for now, here are some of my favorites from the last 4 years:

transistor:

ziggurat:

hotline miami 2:

the witness: https://youtu.be/tk-RsawGjPY

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »

and here's my list:

http://rinkuhero.tumblr.com/post/118613529037/the-top-30-indie-game-trailers

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »

my opinion is that it's bad taste to ask people what they think of your trailer in a 'what are your favorite indie game trailers?' thread haha
well, definitely, I didn't know where else to ask

anyways: cool list, and kudos for including iji, which is the greatest game ever

jeremiah
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 07:09:04 AM »

^^Nice list.

I'm thinking of making a new trailer for my game and I have taken inspiration from the trailers for:

Crawl

Crypt of the Necrodancer

The VO on Crawl is insane and the Necrodancer trailer gives me chills every time I watch it.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike - dev log
HopelessComposer
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 08:42:41 AM »

Honestly, I wasn't very impressed...
The voice actor's grammar was bad, and it sounded like he was trying really damned hard to have a deep voice, and it just wasn't working. Not a fan of trailers that flash everywhere with electronic music usually, either. And the pixel art was messy and unfinished looking in a lot of places. Gameplay itself didn't excite me either. Looked like textbook indie to me.
...For your audacity posting your own trailer in this thread, you've earned my brutally honest review.
Your game didn't look terrible. It just got a huge "meh" out of me. =(
macbee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

I like the trailer of my own game Wink

jackterror
Level 0

I make Game Trailers, Market & Develop Video Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »

Obviously I am biased... but still...
Albino Lullaby's game trailers by Cap And Cut (http://capandcut.com/)

http://bit.ly/AlbinoLullabyTrailers

I make Game Trailers, Market & Develop
Video Games ◕‿◕ 10 year WB Games Vet, CMO
Bit Fry Games, Founder of Cap And Cut.
Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
Sir Fishelsworth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »

The Samurai Gunn trailer is a great example of something that's more atmospheric than action-oriented

It perfectly captures the vibe too  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic