Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:00:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesStalin Vs. Martians
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Stalin Vs. Martians  (Read 20453 times)
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »

Stalin Vs. Martians:

I dunno, what more is there to say?  Maybe just wonder aloud whether this didn't secretly begin as a VGNG compo entry.

Found this at Rock Paper Shotgun.
(I'm assuming this is an indie game because, well, Stalin Vs Martians.)

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »

Looks awesome. I'm loving the giant blue bipedal elephant martian.

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »

If only the martians looked a bit more asskicking... Still good that there are people who make stuff like this.

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »

Yeah, more serious-looking Martians would have been cooler. I like the concept, though!

december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »

I'm saddened that there is no Trotsky game.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
dessgeega
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »

not enough stalin.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:35:22 PM »

not enough stalin.

According to the delightful FAQ, Stalin appears later in the game as a playable unit, taller than a building just like in real life.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 07:33:08 AM »

According to the delightful FAQ, Stalin appears later in the game as a playable unit, taller than a building just like in real life.

:D :D :D
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »

not enough stalin.

You completely sold the game to me, Haowan.

Movius
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:28 PM »

A good old fashioned Martian invasion is whats needed today to put those filthy reds back in their box.
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »

Bet they wish they didn't chase Trotsky off to Mexico now!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

This game is now released. Anyone played it? From what I've seen, reviews are almost unanimously negative -- and even the positive ones remark that the game's unplayability itself is a virtue, because it's just a silly thing not meant to be taken seriously. I haven't tried it myself, though. I'd like to, but there doesn't seem to be a demo, and the reviews make it sound like the game is technically deficient (although if it really were that bad of a game, how did it get on Impulse, Steam, and so on, and pass all their quality testing? I don't understand).

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »

That's a shame Sad
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

(although if it really were that bad of a game, how did it get on Impulse, Steam, and so on, and pass all their quality testing? I don't understand).

Because they realized it would sell well regardless, based on its concept alone?

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:19 AM »

All I've heard is someone saying that he has never had as much fun with a strategy game as he's had with Stalin vs. Martians, and he ment that very positively. So, maybe it actually works as what it is?
But at least I still don't know what that is. All I've personally seen are the trailers, and while entertaining, they didn't at all convince me that SvM is a good game.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

I've only read the RPs review. It said it was bad, and that the only thing you did was running things over with tanks and things like that, but I see that as something good. It doesn't seem to have all the things I don't like from RTSs. So I'll try to play it.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:54:09 AM »

Well, it's not just that it's not like an RTS, but apparently it has loads of technical problems too, like the mouse disappearing, power ups that are very hard to collect unless you precisely stand right above them, 20fps on NVIDIA 9800 video cards, and so on. If it were just disliked because people expected it to play like other RTS's and it didn't, I'd try it out, but all the reports of things like the above make me wary of buying it to try it out.

Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

I knew it had a few problems. But not all that, it sounds like way too much WTF

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »

Thats very sad to hear.  Sad
Fuzz
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 03:19:11 PM »

I think this game has gone the way of Quite Soulless; awesome concept, graphics, sound, atmosphere, everything, but highly unplayable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic