Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1025359 Posts in 41084 Topics- by 32685 Members - Latest Member: DustinT

July 22, 2014, 01:15:58 AM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat is a fair price to demand as a Indie Soundtrack Composer/Freelancer?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What is a fair price to demand as a Indie Soundtrack Composer/Freelancer?  (Read 5059 times)
stevesan
Level 3

Experienced coder, n00b designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »

$1 / minute and $100 / track? Those seem like very odd prices compared to each other. Did you miss a decimal point somewhere? Tongue

Nah, in a number of countries 1.000 means 1,000...I assume this was the case with his post, since he kept putting USD after the prices...which Americans are typically arrogant enough to assume everyone knows $1000 means a thousand USD.  And before anyone gets offended by me calling Americans arrogant, I'm American...and we, in general, are arrogant =P

Oh i see. I wouldn't say arrogant..just insular Smiley

ZackanThePacman
Level 0

Head Humper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »

Nah, in a number of countries 1.000 means 1,000...I assume this was the case with his post, since he kept putting USD after the prices...which Americans are typically arrogant enough to assume everyone knows $1000 means a thousand USD.
It was naive to assume 1.000 means 1.0. But on an international website or forum $ is usually going to refer to USD. Every other country combined that uses a non-USD $ have only a fraction of the US GDP and economic importance. Not only that but it is involved in nearly all international currency trades and is the international dollar.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic