Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:12:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsExcruciating Guitar Voyage 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Excruciating Guitar Voyage 2  (Read 5953 times)
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »

We've started work on Excruciating Guitar Voyage 2!
It's an adventure game, with sprinklings of 2D platformy action!
Developers:
ME - programming/scripting/writing/design & construction
Kev - scripting/writing/design & construction/some programming
Tim/Emily - art
Various - voices & faces

Hooray!

I wrote a quick blog entry on some of the stuff I've done so far:
http://wickedworx.wordpress.com/
We’ve started work on EGV2. There’s no point keeping it secret. We’re working on EGV2 right now!

A few things have changed and improved since the first. We’re making a real effort to bring the characters and the whole EGV world to life… we’ve got better animation (including animated mouths!) which gives a lot more weight to the characters.. and we’ve made a few changes so the whole world feels a little less flat.

I started the week with the worryingly talented Daniel Gallagher (Dan Flashbang) recording some new material for the game… it worked out a lot better than we expected, especially given the time constraints we came up against on the night. We may have used a little too much time eating tacos (yes, really..) and watching “Hotel Inspector” (ugh), but we got the job finished by 11pm!

Then we’ve got this really great scene at the beginning of the game…. I don’t want to spoiler it yet, but I’ve been working on that.. There were a few technical challenges – we’ve got a far improved camera system, which has allowed us some really nice dynamic camera choreography for the intro scene… I’ve also written a pre-cache for our level geometry, which means we can do some neat dynamic effects mid-level.. instantly change the shape of whole buildings, etc.. with absolutely minimal overhead, as all the vertex buffers for the change have already been generated. A fairly obvious thing, in a way – but we hadn’t needed it in previous projects as level geometry had remained relatively static once created.. Not this time!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:49:35 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
shig
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »

\m/ \m/ booooooooooooooo

I still have got to play the first one, man. It really got me curious and it looks like it's funny as fuck.
I saw that cutscene with a guy singing about his love affair with a chimney sweep and it was amazing.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »

Just out of curiosity, is EGV1 selling enough copies that you feel people want a sequel? Supply and demand, hombre.
wogan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:23:08 AM »

will there be more songs?

Yeaaahhhh WOGAN!
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »

Hey I just bought the first one and am wondering if you could add a dialogue skip button in this one.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

This. Looks. AWESOME!

Keep working on it!
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:12:51 AM »

I may as well post it here (seeing as there aren't many of you reading anyway!!)

Aaaw, your girl tears swayed me to see the video! Evil

Anyway, I haven't played EGV1 and didn't know what to expect, and, trite as the expression has become, I was actually blown away a bit! You have a special and very unique style and everything oozes irony and self-irony in the best possible way! There is a loving sense of pervasive B-ness that seems to have been intentionally crafted into ever single detail. At the same time the tech seems solid as tungsten and the game seems to play smooth and well! I think I love it Smiley

I wish I could offer some constructive or negative criticism, but I really don't know what to say without actually playing it.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic