Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:04:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMindSpace - FpPPp (pre-Demo!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: MindSpace - FpPPp (pre-Demo!)  (Read 27634 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

I would say that the physics are both fun and nightmare.

The running seems really off. It feels like I'm constantly hopping around with momentum. It feels like I playing the worlds first one-legged low-gravity glue-covered parkour simulator.

The controls are fun to mess around with, but I can barely maneuver around with them.

On the idea of making the physics right, I would start by letting the player actually run.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Cool project. Visuals are nice and that first view you get when you start out is quite captivating.

The physics are impossible to understand through playing. For a while it was interesting, but I keep pressing space and trying to jump to places and the jumps start to go further than I want, or sometimes not far at all, and then I bounce off a wall I didn't want to bounce off of and I'm off the map. I could only get to a small portion of the map. I tried it again grabbing a lot and still couldn't get the hang of it. I wish I could offer more help for you to tune it but I'm not exactly sure what its supposed to feel like when you play it.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2012, 01:38:14 AM »

Would be nice to see a video of you playing it cause always good to see a game played by the creator. Easier to understand and see how it should be played that way.

Conker534
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:31 AM »

First time seeing this, really pretty game.
ratrogue
Level 0

Bits & Bytes ... Attack!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2012, 02:31:32 AM »

Mindblowing visuals as usual! But really, the controls are very random to me, although sometimes they feel pretty powerful. I'd like to see another video from you, too.

Perhaps you could implement something like the tutorial from Half-Life 1, with the holographic teachers? Wink

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »

Okay, thank you all for feedback! This is greatly appretiated. Could you please test one more version? I'm doing it right now, expect release within few hours. It will feature air friction (and, basically, non-broken physics tune) and test level, so you won't run straight into hostile level design :D

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

Pre-demo! Delivering FFFFRUUUUstruation!.

Try this one too, please. I returned to "human being-like" physics tune, so it won't make a mess :D
I also fixed "lazy + gravy = big rape fuck" bug, but there are still several places/situations to make you chew your teeth Grin

So, let the playtest begin!  Hand Any KeyApoplecticHand Joystick

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »

I can still fly into space (hold space while wall-running) and climb up any wall (hold back while looking straight down).

Running still feels awkward. It's a little bit easier to control because it's slower, but the slowness makes it feel boring.
Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »

New video. You know, fancy camera movement and stuff.
There are stiff two glitches that bothers me, but I did nice bug squashing work today.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:59:35 AM by Taugeshtu » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic