Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:47:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationBecause it's fun, Fay [COMPLETED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Because it's fun, Fay [COMPLETED]  (Read 39567 times)
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »

Watching the video, while using my Holmes-like deducting skills, I have identified your geographical position and: it turns out to be with in a few hundred meters of where I (physically) am right now! Should I come visit or perhaps conduct some serious industrial espionage, with the risk of my own life?  Cool

[SMOKING WILL FIND AND KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY]

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »

Watching the video, while using my Holmes-like deducting skills, I have identified your geographical position and: it turns out to be with in a few hundred meters of where I (physically) am right now! Should I come visit or perhaps conduct some serious industrial espionage, with the risk of my own life?  Cool

[SMOKING WILL FIND AND KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY]

Hey, you're welcome to drop by. The address is Sibyllegatan something. I'll PM a phone number for you to SMS/call at your leisure, but you probably want to bring a laptop because we're focusing on our work and are not very social at the moment. And no video cameras  Angry  Wink

And by the way, it was jeb writing this. I forgot to log out / log in on Kinten's computer.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »

Hey, you're welcome to drop by. The address is Sibyllegatan something. I'll PM a phone number for you to SMS/call at your leisure, but you probably want to bring a laptop because we're focusing on our work and are not very social at the moment. And no video cameras  Angry  Wink

And by the way, it was jeb writing this. I forgot to log out / log in on Kinten's computer.
Awesome!

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »

Oh dude, that is so unfair.

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

Oh dude, that is so unfair.

There was some kind of misunderstanding. He meant "some day" and I meant "tonight", so the date is no go it seems  Roll Eyes We're only here in Stockholm for this weekend (Swedish Game Awards).

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

Well, uhm, it's still unfair. Stop by Falköping on your way down.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 09:38:09 AM »

Yeah, I thought it was kind funny that you were living in Stockholm when you have your HQ in Lund/Malmö! Well, no biggie, I'm just going to become an awesome developer, move down there and become your intern instead!

So, how was the SGA this year?
(I woke up 5pm today, missed the whole thing Tongue)

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »

The game is completed! Here's a new screenshot (download links in first post):

Rudolf Kremers
Level 1

Grow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »

looks like you guys just knuckled down and went for it! Well done. Gonna download that now and hopefully come back with feedback. (After our own Dyson is done)

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »

I can already tell the graphics look amazing!

Now for the actual game! *downloads*

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
jcromartie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »

Wow, really great job on this one guys.  This is an achievement, for sure.  I love the two-character approach, and the levels actually work really well!  Definitely develop this further.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »

Haven't had a chance to play too much yet, but so far the production values are awesome. Great job guys!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »

Well the platforming area was pretty fun, but what's with that boss? Tongue Seriously guys. Don't make fun of us like that. Either way, until the boss it was very enjoyable. Great job.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 02:08:16 PM »

Wow, quite a change since the first screens, that loks great Kiss

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Zaphos
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »

Very polished graphics!  The platforming was pretty routine, though, and it seemed like I could mostly ignore the door/key mechanic.  It was especially bad once I realized I could easily clear everything out with the flying guy, but still a bit fun if I ignored the flying guy entirely.  The jrpg-style boss battle with no animations at the end was too confusing and boring to play, so I quit in the middle of it.
seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 02:29:17 PM »

Looks and sounds great, but I didn't find it very fun to play. Agreeing with the above comments as to why it wasn't fun.
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 03:27:39 PM »

Very polished graphics!  The platforming was pretty routine, though, and it seemed like I could mostly ignore the door/key mechanic.  It was especially bad once I realized I could easily clear everything out with the flying guy, but still a bit fun if I ignored the flying guy entirely.  The jrpg-style boss battle with no animations at the end was too confusing and boring to play, so I quit in the middle of it.

Yeah, this was the problem of having both characters active and still supporting a single-player mode. It was hard to design real co-op situations, such as Corn helping Fay to reach areas and vice versa. We could've done something more like Lost Vikings, but then it would be... Lost Vikings.

Maybe the door element could be some kind of threat to Corn to make it more interesting. For example, closed doors could shoot laser at Corn or something. But then again, we only have so much time, and I think we did a good job. I enjoy it even when playing alone, though of course, I helped making it and have a really soft spot for turn-based JRPG battles Smiley

diaskeaus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »

Thoughts: once you figure out you can fly ahead and toast everyone with your blue boomerang death rays, and then the platforming is really just a chore.  And the last boss seems undefeatable.  I got through the whole level without losing a heart, and still couldn't waste the final head form.

This game has a lot of promise though.  And the randomly generated levels, if a story is put in and a whole lot of co-op/partnered boss battles (not just the JRPG but something akin to Secret of Mana) would make this game smoking sweet.  Kind of like a twisted and drugged out Castlevania (what with the fat fairy and all).  As a demo, it's kind of a neat idea.
Rudolf Kremers
Level 1

Grow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »

This game seems a clear labour of love to me, but like all of us the 1 month limit is hard and it seems the gameplay suffers a bit. I love the feel of te graphics and the weirdness of going for the coop/rotated world. Go on! Loads of potential here :-) I realy appreciate what you are trying o here and it gave me real pleasure trying it out. I feel I need to do coop though, sp isn't te game's thing really :-)

Nice one

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »

I couldn't get this to run - first it looked for MSVCP71.DLL, which I found on the internet, then it got as far as the title screen, but when I tried to start a new game it just hung. Sad

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic