Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:10:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7281242 times)
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »

Mine that rock!

Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »

Here're some miscellaneous sprites from games I've been working on over the years that are in various states of WIPness.

Yea, I focus mostly on the kung fuey stuff. Wink Here's a lot more junk if you feel like sifting:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ppridham/misc/images

Gotta finish some of this stuff, heh.
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »

Awesome, have you got any playable games that use those gfx Madgarden?
They look lush, the first few guys look like they're from a Tintin game or something (whether you take that as a good thing or not I don't know...  Huh?)
It's gonna help a lot for getting some of the kung fu poses as well, I don't have to do stupid shapes in front of the mirror to find out where bits are supposed to go  Cool

Also, haowan, love the expression on the miner's face when hitting a steel rock. I tried to use big heads to make it easier to give them facial expressions, I guess it's just a case of knowing what to do with what you've got.

Last release: sync::routine
Zaphos
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »

Awesome, have you got any playable games that use those gfx Madgarden?
The first few are from his old SAKFU project, which has an ancient demo up over on the CODWiki -- http://www.freelunchdesign.com/cgi-bin/codwiki.pl?SuperActionKungFu/Files
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »

These are some of the stuff I have done in the past few months. Please note that I lack any sort of pixel art experience at all prior to all these stuff. I must admit that I find joyable to work this way.

All of these were done for a war 3 forum, only the skulls being finished (there were icons for a forum there, the others just never finished wips for emoticons).

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »

Also (because this board just allows you 4 attachments per post Tongue), this is something I have been working, my first "sprite" animation ever. Hows that for an evil laughter?  Cool

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 04:07:03 AM »

Very nice, I like orc2.png. You could make the skull's animation more laughter-like by adding frames. Use this :D for reference: you can see that the eyes go back as the laughter reaches a climax, which telegraphs the head tilting back - this also gives you room to make the jaw open wider, which will help to emphasise the laughing.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 04:08:50 AM »

Jimbob:  Kiss

Madgarden: There are some awesome postures there! Really nice work, do you do martial arts?

Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 06:08:16 AM »

Madgarden: There are some awesome postures there! Really nice work, do you do martial arts?

Thank ye. Yeppers, been doing a mish-mash of martial arts off and on since I was a kid. Plus watching lots of oldskool chop sockey flicks helps too. Wink
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »

Very nice, I like orc2.png. You could make the skull's animation more laughter-like by adding frames. Use this :D for reference: you can see that the eyes go back as the laughter reaches a climax, which telegraphs the head tilting back - this also gives you room to make the jaw open wider, which will help to emphasise the laughing.

Thanks for the comments. While the animation was kind of a joke, your critique made me want to really work on it. I am trying to aim something akin to Killer Instinct's Spinal's laughter, where he bends his head slightly backwards, gives a brief pause, and starts laughing, and nearly reaching its end, laughs more calmed down, until a semi full stop. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an animated reference for it (just to get the timing right), otehr than the horrible stripped down Snes sprite animation. I'd like to hear further feedback on it Smiley

Tennis
Pixelhead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 09:58:56 AM »

hi all
been lurking around on the board (and site) for ages, so i though i would post a mockup of a game im working on in gamemaker.

and some other stuff

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:50:30 PM by Tennis » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »

Great stuff, guys!  I love talented everyone on this board is.  Very inspiring stuff.

I haven't done very much pixel work recently, but here's some of my older stuff:

Shigoogoo Miyamoto!  And his friend Hidoodoo Kojima.

This one is old as hell.  Used to be the splash page for my personal website, when I still thought splash pages were cool. Wink

Some random little animated sprites.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:51 PM »

i made a sandwich like that once! Wink seriously great work though!
Tennis that mock up looks awesome i want to see that game come to life!

Danc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »

I have boatloads of this stuff.  Unfortunately, much of it is in file format that no longer can be easily read.  Anyone remember the .anim or .bsh from back in the days of Deluxe Paint? :-) 

take care
Danc.
www.lostgarden.com

Spry Fox, Lostgarden
frosty
Level 1

ice cold & refreshing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 11:51:40 PM »

It might not be impressive, but this is the enemy sprite sheet for my game Non-Stop Action Hero.  The missing arms all hold submachine guns.

There are four more rows, but I left them out in case anyone wants to play the game.

mike
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »

Quote from: Danc
I have boatloads of this stuff.  Unfortunately, much of it is in file format that no longer can be easily read.  Anyone remember the .anim or .bsh from back in the days of Deluxe Paint? :-)

Yeah... That was an awesome program.
I still have it. I'm running it on my DOS PC.
PM me if you want to arrange anything.

-Mike
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 06:32:26 AM »

It's been a loooong time since I've done any proper pixel work, but here's some of my old stuff from around 2003 Smiley

Also a couple of screenshots from older games I was working on at the time (might be revived)

Edit: Another sprite sheet I just found laying around

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:53:02 AM by BenH » Logged

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »

There are four more rows, but I left them out in case anyone wants to play the game.

Now I want a Rush t-shirt in all the games I play.  And a 2112 themed video game.

Also, lots of talent on this board, all around.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »

A couple of preview for track I made for the Motocross Challenge game... These are actual in-game tiles.

I haven't done much pixel art lately but I'm gonna start pretty soon...

Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 06:43:17 AM »

Here's some stuff I made in 1993, possibly earlier if the date was from a backup. Not particulary impressive, but I was glad to see that I actually saved some of my old Amiga DP stuff.

Also, sprites from a game I started on fairly recently, meaning a year ago or so. Whack, a roguelike. The characters are like dress up doll, and you can find themed sets of stuff.

Also, a screen form my Icarus project. Had a little neat WASD+mouse thing going on, but never got further than a tech test.

Tons of more stuff elsewhere of course, on my site and stuff for Cortex Command.

Nowdays I mostly paint large then scale down and clean up, noodle around. Not sure if that can be called pixling. A fraction.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic