Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:30:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7280224 times)
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #20620 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

@delicious ah hot damn I would catch that
Delicious
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20621 on: December 16, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »

Thanks guys Smiley

Dude, Delicious, those are.... amazeballs. And Delicious. Hit me up about your game. I'm still interested in making at least 1 set of these Smiley
Yea for sure! I'm just getting some content done and more work to present you. Just still brainstorming for monsters and random assets and getting it put together shortly later. Feel free to hit me an email if you have any suggestions or designs. Wink

Blah Blah Blah <3
Twitter - Zjdelicious
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20622 on: December 16, 2012, 03:52:08 AM »

Dream, Reverie, Nightmare

Damn i really want eat your style..  Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right ... There one little thing that bother me, No it does not really bother me but Dream, Reverie looks pretty much like a ninja and the last nightmare does not look anything like a ninja.. How about this outfit inspiration  for the Nightmare?

http://dailyanime.net/images/cpbuttons/naruto/toads.png
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:05:13 AM by beetleking22 » Logged
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20623 on: December 16, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »

oh wow  Shocked  Kiss

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #20624 on: December 16, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »

This is beautifulfdasfgfdf Crazy
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20625 on: December 16, 2012, 07:07:53 AM »

I started to make a new tree for my game and im pretty skeptical about my new foliage texture style.. so i need yours valuable opinion about my tree foliage..

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20626 on: December 16, 2012, 07:09:07 AM »

Is that a shadow? It looks rather odd without context, could you provide an example pic?
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20627 on: December 16, 2012, 07:13:45 AM »

Is that a shadow? It looks rather odd without context, could you provide an example pic?

Dark area is sketch.. Its looks odd becaus its not done...  i have only this piece...
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #20628 on: December 16, 2012, 07:47:25 AM »

I started to make a new tree for my game and im pretty skeptical about my new foliage texture style.. so i need yours valuable opinion about my tree foliage..

I think it would be easier for me to judge it when it's done, but at the moment it looks pretty good, and the texture is beautiful.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20629 on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »

Yeah, it looks pretty nice to me too. What makes you skeptical?
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20630 on: December 16, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »

This is an edited version of an image that I posted last week, along with a new picture showing a wolf sizing up a bison. I'm working hard trying to figure out a style for myself, and have really been enjoying working on the animals so far. What do you think?

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20631 on: December 16, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »

Sexy, stylish, cool
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20632 on: December 16, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »

so

fucking

awesome

and adorable  Kiss Kiss

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20633 on: December 16, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

Very nice, but I think the bison (especially with the dark shadow areas) doesn't fit into the same style as the rest of the image.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #20634 on: December 16, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

That's one slick looking bison.
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20635 on: December 16, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »

Awh thanks! The standard of work from everyone here is really high so I'm glad you like it. I understand what you mean about the contrast between the bison and the background, it was a concern of mine too. I did play around with it but it looked washed out if I reduced it. If you take a look at photographs of bison in the snow too they really do stick out a lot. They travel in large herds so they don't have any need to hide, especially at that size!

I tried to use the wind to push him back into the scene, maybe I could make that brighter?

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20636 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »

Beautiful work. If you want to work on color/contrast of the Bison (which it seems that you've tried to do from what you say), another possibility is putting some darker objects behind the Bison. Trees and bushes are dark in those photos too. Also, raising the contrast of the wolves might help.

For me, the contrast is more about art style than color. The wolves and bison are both beautiful, but the wolves are definitely more simplistic in both shading and shape. But as Snake Chair mentioned, it can be appealing in its own way. It's up to you since this is your learning exercise.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20637 on: December 17, 2012, 06:33:54 AM »

Beautiful work. If you want to work on color/contrast of the Bison (which it seems that you've tried to do from what you say), another possibility is putting some darker objects behind the Bison. Trees and bushes are dark in those photos too. Also, raising the contrast of the wolves might help.

For me, the contrast is more about art style than color. The wolves and bison are both beautiful, but the wolves are definitely more simplistic in both shading and shape. But as Snake Chair mentioned, it can be appealing in its own way. It's up to you since this is your learning exercise.

Thanks!

I know what you mean about it being more style than colour, that pretty much sums up what I'm trying to figure out. I tried making the bison more simplistic to better match the wolves, but it didn't look right for such a large animal, he didn't hold much of his shape and just turned into a brown blob, so maybe I should add some more complexity/contrast into the wolf fur instead. Maybe even just a simple shadow around his legs/belly would help to sync them up.

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20638 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »

Very nice, but I think the bison (especially with the dark shadow areas) doesn't fit into the same style as the rest of the image.

exactly what i was thinking on.
it' doesn't really fit.

Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20639 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »

This is the first time I ever try to do pixel art. I have no idea what I'm doing.

This was for the Ludum Dare before I bailed (party + hangover is not good for productivity). The game was going to be called something like "The evil capitalist mosquito and her evil minion flies". The mosquito realizes she can outsource blood-sucking to flies with proper equipment (something like a back container and a vacuum hose with a needle), so she would have excess blood to sell and become rich. Kinda weird for the theme, but I like random stuff like this Shrug

Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic