Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 02:26:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7279340 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #21160 on: January 20, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »

I'll do the rest likewise but I won't post them here, and I'm not going to comment on the criticism debacle. I'm not going to fuel a fire for an argument that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Nothing good will come out of more posts.

Maybe I'll move to a workshop topic later.

I don't know.

Seeya.

That honestly does look a lot better than when you started man  Beer!

Think happy thoughts.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21161 on: January 20, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »

@ANtY shorten the highest kick frame to the same length as the rest.
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21162 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »

Change right the arm movement to something that makes sense, and do something with the left one so that it doesn't look like dead weight. Don't hold the kick pose for that long. Maybe remove the feet shuffling (frames 2 & 3).

If it's a directly controlled player character you might want to compress any frames that come before the kick to ~100ms or less, so that it doesn't feel sluggish.

Try laying it out with a simple skeleton and don't bother with the details until you're happy with how the animation plays out pose- and timing-wise.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21163 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »

thanks for the tips,

@biomechanic:
about the skeleton that's what I did, it looked like this in the middle of the work:

Anyway, I tried to fix the lenght of the frames (compress first few frames and shorten the highest kick frame) and tried to do sth with the hands

is it better?

edit: his left hand seems wrong

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21164 on: January 20, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »

i think when you kick like that both hands kinda go back. do it. you at least move your elbows back.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21165 on: January 20, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »

true,

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:05:08 AM by ANtY » Logged

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #21166 on: January 20, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »

your arms would actually fold up (upper arms pointing back, forearms pointing in more of a down/forward position) a bit more than that

also, the freeze right before the kick looks kinda weird and this would probably benefit from one more buildup frame before the kick. duplicating frames as a means of stalling is never a good habit to get into - just draw another unique frame.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21167 on: January 20, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »

right, I just had the frame before the final kick frame at 0.2 sec instead of 0.1, fixed

maybe I'll force myself to reiterate dem arms once again later

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21168 on: January 20, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »

Could I beg a few opinions on what you think this little Martian dude is doing? I thought it was clear but I just showed it to somebody and they got the wrong impression entirely.

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21169 on: January 20, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »

balancing a plate on his junk?
beestings
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21170 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »

I've been reading this thread or a while and I'm always SO impressed by the work (even if you yourself dont think much of it, even the 'beginner' stuff looks good to me a lot of the time.)
Anyways I figured I'd post a little bit of progress since I first came on here.. Hoping to create some sort of game, and I'm just really trying to work on my pixeling, no matter how frustrating that can be.

critiques and tips would be awesome  Smiley
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21171 on: January 20, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »

Could I beg a few opinions on what you think this little Martian dude is doing? I thought it was clear but I just showed it to somebody and they got the wrong impression entirely.

hosting a game of "guess under which plate is mah dick"

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21172 on: January 20, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »

@green and ANtY - thanks very much! I'm pleased you both got the general idea although everybody so far has thought plates rather than hats so I'll have to think about how to make that more obvious. He is intended to be doing a sort of tease during which he has one hat on his head and one on his junk then keeps swapping the two. The first person I showed it to didn't think the two hats/plates were changing places. Perhaps I need to practise in a mirror!

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21173 on: January 20, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »

Boredom. Need to start doing pixel art more often I'm getting rusty.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21174 on: January 20, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »

@green and ANtY - thanks very much! I'm pleased you both got the general idea although everybody so far has thought plates rather than hats so I'll have to think about how to make that more obvious. He is intended to be doing a sort of tease during which he has one hat on his head and one on his junk then keeps swapping the two. The first person I showed it to didn't think the two hats/plates were changing places. Perhaps I need to practise in a mirror!
I thought they're hats but wrote plates after green instead

Ashkin
« Reply #21175 on: January 20, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »

Boredom. Need to start doing pixel art more often I'm getting rusty.
After looking through old pages of the mockup thread for a while, yes you DO need to get back into pixel art Kiss
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21176 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

I've been reading this thread or a while and I'm always SO impressed by the work (even if you yourself dont think much of it, even the 'beginner' stuff looks good to me a lot of the time.)
Anyways I figured I'd post a little bit of progress since I first came on here.. Hoping to create some sort of game, and I'm just really trying to work on my pixeling, no matter how frustrating that can be.

critiques and tips would be awesome  Smiley

Ah, I remember your art from the workshop thread. You've got a great style, for sure. I like the grass and inside of the tree - both are really colorful and well-rendered. The kid with the green shirt's looking pretty good, but the bottom kid with the red and white shirt has kind of a flat face. Otherwise, things are looking pretty good!

Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21177 on: January 20, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »

Maybe make the hats taller, like a top hat. As for the movement, maybe intermediate frames, so that when moving a hat from bottom to top there's 3 frames in between instead of one.

FWIW, I thought they were hats straight away, and the movement was clear too. Love the jazz hands at the end Smiley

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21178 on: January 20, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

Programmer learning to pixel. Starting with simple stuff. Here's a barrel.

OldSoulCyborg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21179 on: January 20, 2013, 05:38:43 PM »

A little something I'm working on. Main character for a simple platformer.

I've made some animations for him in Flash. The next step is to redraw those frames in Photoshop at the proper resolution. Funky way of doing it, but I just have a really hard time animating at such a low resolution.
Any critiques or ideas before I waste hours of my life on that?

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic