Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:51:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7237027 times)
ClayB
« Reply #21640 on: March 03, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »

nice kitty, jared

making this for the compo at gamejolt, unsure if i have the will to finish it
Ashkin
« Reply #21641 on: March 03, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »

Lots of good pixels in here lately guys, great job Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right
... I should really do more pixels.
siskavard
« Reply #21642 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

original size

I'm hoping for some feedback on this guy. I don't want any shading in his eye area, but as it is right now the pixels bordering the eyes are really jagged looking compared to the rest of his body. Trying to find a solution.

Cheers!
JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #21643 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:55 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, but I thought I would upload something I made a while ago. I usually call myself a programmer, but I would like to learn this art wizardry too.  Wizard

I'm in the same boat (programmer, not quite artist), perhaps we can help each other out as we try to learn this pixel junk?
*snuggle*
Art is hard, makes no sense.
I'm working on a party creation screen for a first person dungeon crawler thing and I need to draw ~20 character portraits. First 4 are in. Fourth one is drawn on a different day, and came out disproportionate to the other three. I also need to make faces a little bit more quirky and interesting.

Human faces, lights and shadows, how do they work.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21644 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »

original size

I'm hoping for some feedback on this guy. I don't want any shading in his eye area, but as it is right now the pixels bordering the eyes are really jagged looking compared to the rest of his body. Trying to find a solution.

Cheers!

looks legitimate, to solve your issue, you could find a color between the blue of the face and blue of the eyes to grace the upmost and lowermost diagonal pixels in the eye

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21645 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »

lotta quick ships for a job

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21646 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »

I don't necessarily know the answer to this, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) The cleric looks cross-eyed because the pupils aren't centered. Also, the eyes on the first three contrast so much with the skin that it looks a little unnatural, like they're opening their eyes too wide.

2) Practice texturing hair. Sorcerer looks almost like he's wearing a helmet (is he?) because of the weird hair shading and the shadow that the hair casts on the face. The paladin's hair looks very flat and strange as well, and the knight's beard is a different color from his hair which is unsettling even in real life.

3) The skin tones on the first three portraits are inconsistent. Some parts of the skin seem too yellowish and don't mix well with the others.

In general I think the sorcerer looks much better than the others. The skin tone is more natural and the style is more realistic and he doesn't look terrified or like he wants to eat me. It may also help that you're not really drawing the neck in that one, as it gives more space for adding detail to the face, and the necks are a bit oddly proportioned in the others anyway. If you can do more in that style, I think you'd get serviceable results overall. (Caveat, I don't actually know much about anything.)

Hope this helps.

geepit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21647 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »

Joba this tutorial thing on faces is pretty good, definitely worth checking out:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/tutorials.asp?id=2254

Also i really like these!

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21648 on: March 05, 2013, 12:04:11 AM »

Main Issue with Invoker right now is readability. Sad

I really like those but those lacks some light.

Im big Metroid fan.. So I decide to make icetileset for Super metroid. Nintendo own that Super metroid sprite.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:23:58 AM by beetleking22 » Logged
JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #21649 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:29 AM »

I don't necessarily know the answer to this, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) The cleric looks cross-eyed because the pupils aren't centered. Also, the eyes on the first three contrast so much with the skin that it looks a little unnatural, like they're opening their eyes too wide.

2) Practice texturing hair. Sorcerer looks almost like he's wearing a helmet (is he?) because of the weird hair shading and the shadow that the hair casts on the face. The paladin's hair looks very flat and strange as well, and the knight's beard is a different color from his hair which is unsettling even in real life.

3) The skin tones on the first three portraits are inconsistent. Some parts of the skin seem too yellowish and don't mix well with the others.

In general I think the sorcerer looks much better than the others. The skin tone is more natural and the style is more realistic and he doesn't look terrified or like he wants to eat me. It may also help that you're not really drawing the neck in that one, as it gives more space for adding detail to the face, and the necks are a bit oddly proportioned in the others anyway. If you can do more in that style, I think you'd get serviceable results overall. (Caveat, I don't actually know much about anything.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Redrew some of them. Paladin has to go, looks too much like a creepy rapist. Sorcerer also has creepy vibe.
Face color is still not optimal, i think it needs a little bit of that orangy tint.

Knight and Cleric look better because the light source is from the side I think.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21650 on: March 05, 2013, 02:14:20 AM »

@beetleking: the one with more contrast looks better. it looks really really smooth, i love it!

Ant
« Reply #21651 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28:13 AM »

ya the high contrast one feels more snes-like to me, good stuff  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21652 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:05 AM »

Redrew some of them. Paladin has to go, looks too much like a creepy rapist. Sorcerer also has creepy vibe.
Face color is still not optimal, i think it needs a little bit of that orangy tint.

Knight and Cleric look better because the light source is from the side I think.
I think these are much improved; the knight and cleric have a sense of real personality in this one. The strong sense of lighting helps define their features, also, so they look more natural and realistic, whereas e. g. the paladin's nose looks flat and shapeless.

I personally think the skin color is alright here. The colder tint just makes it look like they're outdoors on a somewhat cloudy day or something like that. I think you should go with whatever skin color seems to go with the setting and general vibe of the game and its other graphics (if there are any yet), since skin appearance heavily depends on lighting.

wupto
« Reply #21653 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »

Hey, this is actually my first post here \o/
So here is some art I made for a game (WIP). Feedback would be nice.

poe
« Reply #21654 on: March 05, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

It looks nice and I'm not an artist but a few things:
The trees don't seem to match right, maybe the angle or the shading?
Fences don't look like that, there's posts every few feet instead of just at corners.
The water tiles could use a bit of a cliff type thing leading into the water. (Unless it's a puddle)
wupto
« Reply #21655 on: March 05, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »

It looks nice and I'm not an artist but a few things:
The trees don't seem to match right, maybe the angle or the shading?
Fences don't look like that, there's posts every few feet instead of just at corners.
The water tiles could use a bit of a cliff type thing leading into the water. (Unless it's a puddle)

Hi and thanks for the reply. The trees yes, need to change them. There are posts for the fences in the tileset, I just forgot to place them^^
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21656 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »

Tileset and little whale guy I made...

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #21657 on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:56:58 PM by softchange » Logged
Kian
Level 0

Unplugged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21658 on: March 05, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »

Hey all, going for a zombie park vibe. I think i see too much sky, any tips on some background stuff? or any tips in general. Your assistance is appreciated. New to pixels.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Original

x4 (how it will be viewed)

siskavard
« Reply #21659 on: March 05, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »

cityscape, mountain range, trees, etc. for the BG
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic