Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411422 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:04:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7279608 times)
shao
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: March 22, 2013, 08:35:23 AM »

All hope has been placed in him.

Ugghh, I love monks and all the moody sacral settings. Churches, monasteries and crypts.

You have to add in some Bachs organ works as a soundtrack.

Kiss

I could not watch the videos that I have a poor connection (mobile with 3kbs second), I will as soon as possible, thank you!.

Holy Moly this thread has been going a long time. I've not posted here before so hello folks!
Here is something I did last week to try and practice animation. Is pretty tough and was hoping I could get some tips here. Whotcha'got?
[/UR

Excellent animations.

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21801 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »

My brother does computer repairs, he asked me to make a fun graphic to put into ads.

Hamish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »

Ah, thanks folks that's too nice of you. I'm not a programmer so nothing will come of little Fidel unless I find someone to make it for me :-)

@brother android - I like you're little villagers, right up my street. Particularly the feels with folded arms. You should do some three quarter views and do a little rotation animation.

@jigsawdecease - that's very slick guy but it does make megacity one look like a pretty mellow place, maybe smash some windows and add some billowing smoke as if a block-war is on. You could also add a little shimmy to the titres to make look like they're spinning.

@scout - nice, that'all make a cute advert, your brother is a lucky guy.
JigsawDisease
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

cheers hamish. megacity one isnt always exploding but youre right that would be cool. I will try and do more with it if i have time. was thinking of making a quick game out of it at some point. I kinda know what you mean about giving the wheels some motion, but they have no spokes in the film so im not sure exactly how to go about it.

Hamish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: March 22, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Probably just a tiny flickering highlight on the wheel would do, you don't need actual rotation as if you could see it with your eyes it would be to slow for a speeding motorbike.
JigsawDisease
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: March 22, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

cheers for the input, what do you think to this

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: March 23, 2013, 04:51:08 AM »

Quite true! Let's give it a go:

I added +20 brightness and -20 contrast on the rock and tree. It's an improvement, I think. Maybe something along the lines of 30% reduction for rocks and trees and 20% for the ground would do the trick?
Does Matwek test his the readability of his modifications in the game, or does he only work with the static images? The former might be another way of iterating towards the most readable option.
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: March 23, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »

have you ever played a game and just

matwek
« Reply #21808 on: March 23, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »

Quite true! Let's give it a go:

I added +20 brightness and -20 contrast on the rock and tree. It's an improvement, I think. Maybe something along the lines of 30% reduction for rocks and trees and 20% for the ground would do the trick?
Does Matwek test his the readability of his modifications in the game, or does he only work with the static images? The former might be another way of iterating towards the most readable option.
I was just thinking that myself. I currently work with just the static images.
It would be nice if I could make the edits on the fly rather than wait for feedback.

When you look at colourful high contrast games such as Sonic sometimes the still images do look a bit too bright and confusing but once its in motion it all makes sense and looks right.

Its a hard job to improve on something when people are so attached to the original, I don't think for a second that I have it perfect yet but I'm hoping once people see it in motion a lot of the concerns people had won't be as bad.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21809 on: March 23, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

that coat is so cool

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #21810 on: March 23, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »

yeah im kinda happy with how it came out, especially since i was frowning intensely the entire time i was working on the gradient

KurtisW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: March 23, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »

Hi everyone long time lurker, first time poster. I'm currently working on a game as a way to teach myself programming and it's all new to me. The game is a 2d action/platformer based on the aztecs. Anyways without further ado here's some concepts for the player and some of creatures I have planned. Any crits or comments would be appreciated as I've never really done any art before let alone pixel art.

motorherp
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: March 24, 2013, 05:49:50 AM »

That's ace.  Just one thing, if the sword is in his right hand then it should be the left scabbard that's empty.  It's a tiny thing but because I'm anal I can't help it, sorry.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21813 on: March 24, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »

Hi everyone long time lurker, first time poster. I'm currently working on a game as a way to teach myself programming and it's all new to me. The game is a 2d action/platformer based on the aztecs. Anyways without further ado here's some concepts for the player and some of creatures I have planned. Any crits or comments would be appreciated as I've never really done any art before let alone pixel art.

kinda reminds me of eye of Horace amiga

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
ink.inc
« Reply #21814 on: March 24, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: March 24, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »

not much into MG stuff but I looooved that guys design, really nice sprite yo

wip:

SABAS QUE!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21816 on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »

Awesome! Shocked
Gib
Level 0

sup?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21817 on: March 24, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »

That's effing ace.

I tried myself at pixel art today, made a sort of crappy gangster. I've read Derek tutorial, but I'm not sure in which direction I should go with this. Shading? More details?

Ingame size on the left

Welp, twitter and stuff. And b__g.
JigsawDisease
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: March 24, 2013, 12:04:28 PM »

This is the final DREDD pixel art intro, titles, music etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1l-F-RMFlQ&feature=youtu.be

its in hd too!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:09 PM »

That's effing ace.

I tried myself at pixel art today, made a sort of crappy gangster. I've read Derek tutorial, but I'm not sure in which direction I should go with this. Shading? More details?

Ingame size on the left

Looks very nice to be honest, the AA could be stronger though
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic