Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7222854 times)
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22580 on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:17 PM »

I AM IRON MAN

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #22581 on: May 09, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »

All gather around, for it is story time.

I like to think that everyone has that one game they've played that originally got them into pixel art, what hooked me was Cave Story. I had tried it numerous times before but it was always extremely mediocre and was already in the shadow of a friend who was already good pixel art. For some reason immediately after playing Cave Story I had this massive burst of motivation to give the pixels another go. It's funny because most people assume I pull most of my inspiration from Sword and Sworcey or SOTC. SOTC is sort of programmed into my brain naturally, but I actually used tall skinny forms before I knew of Super Brothers. Regardless, here's some stuff I dug up that resembles my admiration of Studio Pixel's work the most. It's kinda old, but iv'e only been doing pixel art for three years now.  Cave Story

I want to play something that looks like this so much. ;-; I think playing a game as a Vexon would be awesome, and your style is just beautiful.

I'd be more than happy to make a game with this aesthetic after I finish Lit. I always have trouble finding willing programmers though.

dirtyhand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22582 on: May 09, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

I AM IRON MAN

LIKE. I can see now how a good color palette can make it pop out more.
Blambo
« Reply #22583 on: May 09, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

I AM IRON MAN

Cool, seems a bit unsaturated though.
RustyMohawk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22584 on: May 09, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

All gather around, for it is story time.

I like to think that everyone has that one game they've played that originally got them into pixel art, what hooked me was Cave Story. I had tried it numerous times before but it was always extremely mediocre and was already in the shadow of a friend who was already good pixel art. For some reason immediately after playing Cave Story I had this massive burst of motivation to give the pixels another go. It's funny because most people assume I pull most of my inspiration from Sword and Sworcey or SOTC. SOTC is sort of programmed into my brain naturally, but I actually used tall skinny forms before I knew of Super Brothers. Regardless, here's some stuff I dug up that resembles my admiration of Studio Pixel's work the most. It's kinda old, but iv'e only been doing pixel art for three years now.  Cave Story

I want to play something that looks like this so much. ;-; I think playing a game as a Vexon would be awesome, and your style is just beautiful.

I'd be more than happy to make a game with this aesthetic after I finish Lit. I always have trouble finding willing programmers though.

If you start assembling a team, I'd like to put my name in the ring.

Cheers,
RustyMohawk
geepit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22585 on: May 09, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

I AM IRON MAN

No i am iron man!

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22586 on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »

lol

I AM UNFINISHED IRON MAN that needs a new original pose and pls forgive me for copy pasta effects

->

2x

Colors better? I feel like it's less accurate now..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:38:09 PM by Medevenx » Logged

Blambo
« Reply #22587 on: May 09, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »

Shoots jets of ranch dressing from his feet and hands.
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22588 on: May 09, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »

Done?

dirtyhand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22589 on: May 09, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

Nice. Do Batman!
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22590 on: May 09, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Andrio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22591 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »

A Bunch of Indies (part one?)

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Ha! Good stuff.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22593 on: May 09, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »

A Bunch of Indies (part one?)

Are these famous indies? If so, who's the naked one?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »

I dunno some nobody probably.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22595 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »

I'm amazed by how many of these I recognise. Good work.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22596 on: May 10, 2013, 12:03:06 AM »

lately my pixelling has a little... on the rocks wouldn't you say?

*that grass tile is so bad btw don't even look at it*

I think you should clean up those rocks a bit, it looks like you placed some pixels kind of at random. The outline especially could use some work.

Ight thanks, when I get home ima fix the outline. Maybe make the outline a little more... Boulder. Wink

I apologize for quoting two posts AND an image.

Dear mister Sword Of Kings One Hundred And Twenty Eight,

I think what's lacking in this image is a solid light source. Lighting things from the side is tricky and I don't really recommend it - I've realized, lately, that while the drawing of, say, nice faces from different angles with 'Fresh Style' has a lot to do with improvising and subverting reality, something like cartoony rocks is often something that benefits very much from pure matemathical preciseness.

What I mean is, approach the picture of the rocks like a polygon model. Think of all the flat faces of the rock and calculate which ones point to which side - color the sides that point upwards brighter, and the ones that point downwards darker. Just that basic excercise often turns out something very structurally sound, if lacking in 'style'.

But that's fine - looking at your pixel art, it seems that you're not aiming for some kind of introverted stylistic nirvana, but rather a simplified representation of reality. So I think my advice is sound. If you feel like some points are a little vague, ask and I'll draw something up for you. (maybe, I need to work a little too, today, heh)

Oh, and take it easy with the dithering. Personal opinion. It feels as though you started dithering as you went along and then you were confused as to how to render the rocks - it's the same thing as when you start a face by painting a beautifully rendered eye and then drawing the head and the body and realizing the eye doesn't fit - oops - and then things get wonky.

And, hey, you definitely have it in you, the pixeling thing, hang in there <3
olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:09 AM »

cat machinegun vs dog bazooka
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22598 on: May 10, 2013, 12:56:36 AM »

or