Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:54:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7237997 times)
Pix3M
Level 0

o_O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22820 on: May 22, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »

quote me and look at what I put to see how images are added

Other than that I like the colour choices

Not sure why I forgot image tags.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22821 on: May 22, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »

@Pix3M: I like trees and foilage a lot but you need more variations for more realistic look. Also you might try to lower the contrast of the dirt (path) because it's a bit too much for an eye I think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I've started studying OCR(Optical character recognition).
Result of studies = Hell Droids  Undecided

Pix3M
Level 0

o_O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22822 on: May 22, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »

@Pix3M: I like trees and foilage a lot but you need more variations for more realistic look. Also you might try to lower the contrast of the dirt (path) because it's a bit too much for an eye I think.

I don't think variations are a problem per se. It's that the tiles don't tile well. I copied the exact way SD3 does their tiles but SD3 tiles much better. SD3 uses a leafy texture with less form, where I explicitly rendered my leaves with a lot more form that doesn't work very well with this tiling approach.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #22823 on: May 22, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »

Ah SD3, forever the benchmark of excellence in tiling  Beer!

Think happy thoughts.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22824 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »

Seriously I blow at this, animating is not my thing. This game needs to be done like...today. Could someone lend a hand and help me?
I'll pay....
It's not that bad. I think it would work in a somewhat stylized setting. What's the general look you're going for?

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22825 on: May 22, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »

I'm adding bricks that lead down into the bottomless pit.  I was wondering which version you liked better.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
siskavard
« Reply #22826 on: May 22, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

quick edit; took out 2 frames and added some motion blur. your previous animation lacks impact.

suggestion: would probably look better if the sword went in a full arc, as opposed to only parallel to the ground and then drawn back.
Didn't want to remove any of the frames, because I don't like it being too quick a slash.
Motion blur is always nice for swords though.

Looks better, thanks for the edit Smiley

Don't want to put more force behind the sword either, because I'm intending to make a heavy attack for it too, in the vein of this:

edit:

Inbetweens for jump done.
__

Should probably get started on walk anim now.

Nope, made jump even betterer.
I fucking love these. I prefer john's edit, but if youre not going for that snappy movement then what youve done looks great
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22827 on: May 22, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »

Working with colors and stuff, since I hadn't tried doing that in a while and I also needed to start getting more work done with this project.

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #22828 on: May 22, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »

Oh yeah, can see that now. Was a bit distracted by the massive gray blob motion blur.

Snappier  Noir

walk without arms:

I fucken love this little dude, he's so badass looking. Your approach to making every pixel useful in the course of the animation works well. Really great tactical placement.

devi ever
« Reply #22829 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »

I'm adding bricks that lead down into the bottomless pit.  I was wondering which version you liked better.

The top one for sure.
devi ever
« Reply #22830 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »

Working with colors and stuff, since I hadn't tried doing that in a while and I also needed to start getting more work done with this project.

He's so cute!  Got any animations of him?
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #22831 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:20 PM »

What do.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22832 on: May 22, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »

It looks like the dark world version of fez.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
SophieDaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22833 on: May 22, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »

What do.

No [ center ]

Also, not a fan of your grass. The tree looks great, while the grass is lacking; Also what is the bat throwing a shadow unto? :1
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #22834 on: May 22, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »

What do.

No [ center ]

Also, not a fan of your grass. The tree looks great, while the grass is lacking; Also what is the bat throwing a shadow unto? :1

I'm trying to give a sense of a fake, man made world. Like everything is a set piece, you can see the clouds are hanging from ropes. The bat is supposed to be casting a shadow against a backdrop. I tried making the clouds do it as well but it was either too subtle to see or too present and messed with the composition.

Sorry.

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22835 on: May 22, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »

I totally got that, the roped clouds gave it away. Looks great Carrion.

SophieDaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22836 on: May 23, 2013, 12:18:41 AM »

What do.

No [ center ]

I'm trying to give a sense of a fake, man made world. Like everything is a set piece, you can see the clouds are hanging from ropes. The bat is supposed to be casting a shadow against a backdrop. I tried making the clouds do it as well but it was either too subtle to see or too present and messed with the composition.

Sorry.

Your style choices has to be consistent to make it appear like something instead of collaboration of different stuff clashed together. Why is there things in the far background if it's flat, if the lightsource is on the lower right side, why isn't there shadow from the three, the grass and the clouds.  

It looks cool, but it doesn't emerge me into some kind of setting nor world.
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #22837 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:26 AM »

What do.

No [ center ]

Sorry.

Your style choices has to be consistent to make it appear like something instead of collaboration of different stuff clashed together. Why is there things in the far background if it's flat, if the lightsource is on the lower right side, why isn't there shadow from the three, the grass and the clouds.  

It looks cool, but it doesn't emerge me into some kind of setting nor world.

Shame.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #22838 on: May 23, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »

looks great carrion
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22839 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:38 AM »

Wow. Sophie's a tough customer to handle. I actually agree with some of her criticisms. (I didn't get that it was flat the first time). Remember, Carrion, your art is great, but it can still be improved. No need to say sorry. This stuff is good for you! You should be saying thank you!

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic