Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:29:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7280028 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26780 on: May 14, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »

Those are just broken black outlines (not following the formula of going darker closer to jaggies) and he indeed does it well. The only thing in that pic approaching what people have been calling selout is on the bushes, where it serves to give the edges an appropriately fuzzy feeling.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26781 on: May 14, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »

PK: “I think that term is a whole bunch of bullshit and I’m not going to apologize for standing up for people”

ZQ: “If people really wanted to make fun of people for caring about social issues, coming up with a less metal-sounding word would have been better”

lol
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26782 on: May 14, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »

Selout is short for selective outlining right? I always thought it was just a type of aa'ing along outlines to imply lineweight/form where there was none...or is that totally the wrong idea?
marquet
Level 0

Time to make a game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26783 on: May 14, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

Panda

Jrap
Level 0

Always be the best dressed in the room.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26784 on: May 14, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »

Panda

WHAT DOES THE PANDA MEAN

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:47:33 PM by Jrap » Logged

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26785 on: May 14, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »

Selout is short for selective outlining right? I always thought it was just a type of aa'ing along outlines to imply lineweight/form where there was none...or is that totally the wrong idea?
I think that was originally the intent of it but it ended up being misused by tons of fools to mean "aa to black even on a non-black bg", leading to the accused 'fade to black at jaggies', which eventually became the more prevalent meaning/usage.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26786 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:58 PM »

Trying something (perhaps briefly) to speed things up and make it more readable. Lost a buncha work recently. Concerned

Some other stuff I made for a jam that I didn't get to finish cuz I started eight hours before entrant deadline. Durr...?
Those look amazing! I love these a lot!

I'm not sure if screenshots are discouraged in this thread, having not been around for a long time, but I just finished making some decorative armor last night.

I guess the whole screenshot is to show off pixel art as well, though.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26787 on: May 15, 2014, 04:38:16 AM »

Rakugaki-Otoko, cute! These colors and especially a knight create impression that it is really a SNES game :3

Dave, ghost, slow dead, fast dead:

skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26788 on: May 15, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »

Rakugaki-Otoko, cute! These colors and especially a knight create impression that it is really a SNES game :3

Dave, ghost, slow dead, fast dead:

Looks awesome! My only crit is that perhaps the fast zombie shifts to the left too quickly. Looks superb though!

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26789 on: May 15, 2014, 10:03:27 AM »

I haven't done color pixel art in a real long while, so I did this as a little refresher. It's a dumb scruffy sheep head. It's pretty different from a lot of my older stuff, but it's the first color thing I've been confident about in almost a year.

Now I just need to get back to doing full scenes and animation in color...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 06:36:59 AM by Sajextryus » Logged

skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26790 on: May 15, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »

For a challenge over at PJ, nasty stuff this palette that they made you work with.

Four colours, as that is the restrictions of the challenge.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26791 on: May 16, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »

-snip-
I haven't done color pixel art in a real long while, so I did this as a little refresher. It's a dumb scruffy sheep head. It's pretty different from a lot of my older stuff, but it's the first color thing I've been confident about in almost a year.

dude you always scale up your art /way/ too much. this is 16x!! it's just way too difficult to look at when its at that scale.

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26792 on: May 16, 2014, 06:38:25 AM »

-snip-

dude you always scale up your art /way/ too much. this is 16x!! it's just way too difficult to look at when its at that scale.
Sorry about that, I can't believe I got back into that old habit. I just updated the post with a smaller one that I had on me. I'll be sure to keep it down from now on.

Zanhuf
« Reply #26793 on: May 16, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »

So this is a thing i have been working on:

Tiles are 32x32, still working on it so it's nowhere near finished.

Edit, an update:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:43:27 PM by Zanhuf » Logged
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26794 on: May 16, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »

Looks good so far! My only immediate suggestion is to work on that corner tile for the river, but otherwise, good stuff!

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26795 on: May 16, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »

For a challenge over at PJ, nasty stuff this palette that they made you work with.

Four colours, as that is the restrictions of the challenge.
Ooo, I like it. The composition and palette reminds me of soviet propaganda. Though I think it would be better without what I presume is a boat speeding toward shore and leaving behind a water trail. It's kinda distracting and makes the image feel less balanced. But yeah, I really dig it otherwise.

Looking for some advice on how to make good trees. I think this is decent, but it's not nearly as good as it could be since I didn't really have a method when making it and just kinda threw down pixels until it didn't look crummy. I don't understand trees.

edit: Here's one with leaves that don't look like ice cream. Based on this.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:43:43 AM by Irock » Logged

skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26796 on: May 17, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »

Jeez, those are some fantastic colours! My only crit (perhaps more of a nitpick) would be that maybe there should be a bit of brown on the right side of the tree to just give it some irregularity? Or something of that sort. Out of the two, I prefer the first one though.

Yeah, the palette they gave you to work with was finicky. Hahaha, that was meant to be a person  Concerned

Now that you mention it I do see what you mean though. I've actually had another guy say something similar about the picture feeling imbalanced (there's a lot more going on in the left side of the screen than the right in general). Thanks for pointing that out, I can't resubmit unfortunately but thanks again for pointing it out man Smiley !

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:27:13 AM by skittlefuck » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26797 on: May 17, 2014, 06:03:54 AM »

Looking for some advice on how to make good trees. I think this is decent, but it's not nearly as good as it could be since I didn't really have a method when making it and just kinda threw down pixels until it didn't look crummy. I don't understand trees.

edit: Here's one with leaves that don't look like ice cream. Based on this.

That's pretty cool. I think making the shading more pronounced on the dark area beneath the canopy could help convey the feeling of depth a bit more. Have more contrast between the light wood and the dark wood could help, as well as a possibly darker shadow color. It looks cool as it is, though!

Zanhuf
« Reply #26798 on: May 17, 2014, 07:01:53 AM »

Looks good so far! My only immediate suggestion is to work on that corner tile for the river, but otherwise, good stuff!

Thanks for the comment! I've changed the water slightly, but i know it still needs a lot of work:

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26799 on: May 17, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340] 1341 1342 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic