Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:43:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7237115 times)
jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27640 on: August 11, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »

A couple characters from a universe i'm creating called Bearventure World. They used to be rivals but now they're a tag team.

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #27641 on: August 11, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »

takin some big nods from miguelito's style for this

idk if i wanna finish it though pbbbbththth
Skippi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27642 on: August 11, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »

some Chasm artwork:

AMAZING!!!!! respect man!!!
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27643 on: August 12, 2014, 02:53:05 AM »

Hello TIGsource :3

This gonna be a game soon:

And with scaling.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27644 on: August 12, 2014, 03:38:28 AM »

Seriously!?
Sengi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27645 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:50 AM »

-insert gif-
Shocked my heart..
Does this mean the dog made the jump in that last image?
Yep, tough enough but she made it)   Wink

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27646 on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »

Seriously!?

Absolutely. Have played it on my android, I swear. Well, hello there!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27647 on: August 12, 2014, 05:48:23 AM »

Seriously!?

Absolutely. Have played it on my android, I swear. Well, hello there!

I offer day one purchase and viral marketing if you promise to update it weekly with new levels
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27648 on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »

Thanks, everyone! Beer!

Too low contrast for me

Ditto, something like this looks a lot more attractive

Nice! Grin Yeah, I think that helps. I struggle a bit with contrast whenever I've taken breaks from pixeling. I think I'm too used to the washed-out colors on the laptop I otherwise use.

Here's another attempt.

I prefer the less blocky path of the older and I don't feel the blockyness really fits with the exquisite softness of everything else in the mockup. More irregular borders on the path tiles could help, but probably break up the diagonals even more.

I thought maybe the weirder, stylized path would be interesting, but you're right. I don't intend to add square plants to make it a theme, so I'll see what I can do about adding some rounder, more irregular borders. Smiley

I think this turned out nice. Smiley The biggest difference I can see is the spacing of the colors in the ramp, as the few brightest colors are closer together than the rest of the colors. Normally, I'll keep colors reserved for larger areas closer together while the rest are more evenly spaced, apart from maybe highlights which are meant to stand out. It's not really that noticeable at this size, though.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27649 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »

Your edit looks a lot better, also let me not that not everyone's screens have the same settings - so what you see to be great may looks terrible on another person's
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27650 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »

Those colors remind me of GBA games.

Your edit looks a lot better, also let me not that not everyone's screens have the same settings - so what you see to be great may looks terrible on another person's

Or even screen type *hates LCD screens*
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27651 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »

I struggle a bit with contrast whenever I've taken breaks from pixeling. I think I'm too used to the washed-out colors on the laptop I otherwise use.

Here's another attempt.

Better, but again a bit washed out. Just to be clear: ignoring the contrast issues I totally love it.

Is it possible your laptop screen is in need of calibration?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27652 on: August 12, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »

I had the opposite issue when I would work on my cheap small laptop if away from the house. The screen was poor quality and everything looked washed out so I'd end up boosting the saturation of everything to compensate. When I got home I realised I'd overdone it!
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27653 on: August 12, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »

Yeah, that's why I'm reluctant to use my laptop screen when adjusting contrast and colors. I could get it maybe halfway to where I want it by calibrating, but I haven't bothered since I mainly use it for coding. At the same time, I don't want things to look garish on my desktop monitor (which is decently calibrated), so it's a bit tricky. Shrug

DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27654 on: August 12, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »

Hey folks,

Here is an updated animation of my character Steak Blisterin from Aporkalypse Now. I would love to hear what you all think.

The game-play requires that the character's turning animations are quick and snappy. His shooting arm needs to be separate from his body, too, so it can be rotated in code for aiming during play. I'm a little concerned that his body is quite stiff while he shoots, though, but I'm at a loss what do to with him that feels natural. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27655 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:53 PM »

That last page is just beautiful art! @_@

jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27656 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:45 PM »

Hey folks,

Here is an updated animation of my character Steak Blisterin from Aporkalypse Now. I would love to hear what you all think.

The game-play requires that the character's turning animations are quick and snappy. His shooting arm needs to be separate from his body, too, so it can be rotated in code for aiming during play. I'm a little concerned that his body is quite stiff while he shoots, though, but I'm at a loss what do to with him that feels natural. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul

Maybe some subpixel animation in the character? 

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27657 on: August 12, 2014, 01:37:02 PM »

Cheers,
Paul

The gun is moving in a way that looks as if it weighs nothing.  You could indicate its heft by having the swing start a bit slower then speed up.  Also as he levels the gun, you can further show inertia by having the gun drop a bit below where you want to aim and have it bob back up.  Is there any way to indicate recoil and muzzle flash on the body sprite?  That would help a lot as well.

Also as a matter of format, signing posts is needless when all your info is available right next to your posts.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27658 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

(...)I'm a little concerned that his body is quite stiff(...)
Just make his torso shake accordingly to the arm.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27659 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »

Honestly it'd be distracting as heck to see that flashy swoosh on his gun as you aim for the entire game.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic